St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alright, this may seem a little radical, but if you're familiar with some of my other video concepts (if you've checked out my website), you probably know I'm unconventional like that (even if you don't know if I am, I'll spare you the trouble and tell you I'm pretty much out there in left field).

Anyway, I have a concept for an AMV using the cover of "Jesus Christ Superstar" performed by the band Laibach. At first, I couldn't figure out how exactly to form the video like the scene in the actual rock opera where Judas is singing the song to Jesus, since any idea that popped into my head seemed a little too much like I was trying to get people angry at me, which I don't want. For all I know, using the Laibach cover may get people angry at me, but considering what I'm trying to convey emotionally and, on another level, spiritually, the original recording is too peppy to use.

So I've settled on the concept of having multiple characters being in a sort of lost, confused state and crying out (in the context of this video, crying out to God; although in the actual anime, it might not), and finishing the video in a much less offensive and perhaps, highly uplifting way.

My question is this: do you have any suggestions for the scenes to use for the crying out? Any specific scenes you can think of, not just series in general? And is there any modern anime (as in 1995-on) that has any images of Christ Himself or is an actual depiction of the days leading up to and including the crucifiction? The reason I say 'modern' is because I do want to keep with the animation I'd be using in the rest of the video, and the Christian anime I do know of is very dated-looking, since it was probably done more than 17 years ago.

Do any of you think this is even possible as an endeavor? Or do you think it's going to be practically impossible to pull off correctly, if at all?

I'm open to opinions, so please, let me know what you think, be it about the concept or the execution or whatever else you might feel like expressing an opinion on.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you're honestly stepping on dangerous ground here, and I'd honestly advise you to stop, as what you are doing may be a stumbling block and form of syncretism. LOL, of course, it may not be and it may be inspiring, but. . .the idea of juxtaposing these images just gives me a *really* bad feeling. LOL, and I'm not one who's really terribly offended. . .:p

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Could you elaborate? What exactly makes it seem like syncretism, and the juxtaposition of what images (a particular image you had in mind or something else about it in general)? I mean, I haven't started it yet, I'm just tossing around ideas on how I could do it, and I have a really strange feeling about it also, but more of a "just be careful" type. If I can get a good concept down that won't offend anyone, I don't think I'll have to worry about any unforeseen dangers. Basically with an AMV using a concept akin to the one I have for this video, the anime itself is stripped or nearly-stripped (in the case that the character really is crying out to God in the original source) of context and simply used as footage to supply an image.

Upvote 0