An examination of Romans 9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
quote: It turns out that it's useless for me to form an opinion for or against calvinism; either way, the only thing I can reasonably do is try to follow God's will.
----------------
I'll AMEN that.

Let's not be of Calvin, or Armin, or whatever. It's wrong to try to be separate from other Christians.

1Co 1:12 -- Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 3:4 -- For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Upvote 0

HITR

Hand Crafted
Feb 13, 2002
ME
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LouisBooth
umm.. 1. I wasn't disagreeing or agreeing with your post. Dont always assume every statement is towards you ;)

Hi, LouisBooth. :) Was that really necessary? I didn't think that your response was to me at all...I merely noticed that the statement you made was of such a brief opinion, that I asked you to expound on it a bit. I kinda figured it was a response to a different poster here, as they specifically pointed out Esau and Jacob. **nods/grin** Just as a note of curiosity, when have you ever seen me make any assumptions here? I rarely assume that these statements are made in response to me, unless I am specifically quoted. I certainly don't always do that. **shrug**

* * * EDITED PORTION * * *

Good grief, sometimes I just miss the boat! **d'oh!** It just occured to me why you would have thought that I thought you were addressing me (at least, this is why I think you did, anyway). I'm guessing that you thought this because I asked you what portion of my other post you disagreed with, is that right? I apologize for giving that impression. I actually didn't think you were responding to my post, but I wanted your opinion all the same, since I know that we don't hold the same view on this. I was just trying to get your feedback, since I was already talking with ya.

I would pose the same question to Reformationist. In fact, since I'm just here for a moment, I'll do that now and respond to his post later. But for now, gotta get to class. Again, though, I apologize for giving that impression. I can see why you may have thought that. **HITR races out the door**

* * * END EDITED PORTION * * *

You can see that God's soveregnty is stressed through out the bible and Paul goes out of his way to stress it in Romans. I looked at the whole of scripture. You want specific verses...try the potter/clay thing just a few short chapters before, just to start.

I do see God's soverignity all thorugh the Bible, both OT and NT. I just think that we may view this differently, which is fine. I also have taken scripture as a whole, so I'm glad to see you have done the same. I do wonder how the OT scriptures work into your view, though. You still haven't really given me any references aside from the potter/clay notation. I'll go back and read that again, so thanks for sharing your reference point. However, I must say that I have gotten the impression that you don't really want to talk about this with any real scriptural dialogue, so I'll go ahead and end our chat with this, unless you indicate otherwise. I can respect that, and perhaps we'll meet somewhere along the way in a different thread. :wave:

Blessings to you in Christ our Lord, HITR

Upvote 0

HITR

Hand Crafted
Feb 13, 2002
ME
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Ben johnson
Hi, Hither! How the bees?

:)

Hi, Ben! Things are great, and the bees are really thriving this year! Yup, we bee busy, alright! **big ol' grin** When the flow comes out, I'll hafta send you a blessing. ;)

Glad to see ya, and let's try to connect on the other forum so we can chat 'real time' sometime soon, huh? Perhaps sometime over the long weekend? You just lemme know. :cool:

Love in Christ, Hither

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I certainly don't always do that. "

My appologies then. Just for future reference, don't assume :)

"I can respect that, and perhaps we'll meet somewhere along the way in a different thread"

You want me to address how God's sovergenity is addressed in the bible? Or why I think that that verse emphasises God's choice?

Upvote 0

HITR

Hand Crafted
Feb 13, 2002
ME
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LouisBooth
My appologies then.

You apology is accepted, by all means.

Just for future reference, don't assume :)

Al-righty-then. **shrugs** I guess I'm not the only one that watched the boat sail away.

You want me to address how God's sovergenity is addressed in the bible? Or why I think that that verse emphasises God's choice?

Well, while I appreciate your willingness to expound, I'm gonna pass on this one. I just don't believe that we can have a fruitful discussion here, from what I've seen so far. Thank you all the same and, as I said, perhaps we'll meet under other circumstances and can enjoy a good conversation then. :wave:

Boy this thread grew quickly. I've been out straight for about two days, but with the long weekend coming I'll have more time. **phew!** Reformationist, I figured I'd better see what your thoughts are here, since I see you're already working in detail with Scott Emerson. Are you interested in getting into a fruitful discussion with me? I haven't talked much at all with you yet, but I'd like to if you have enough time. I'm sure to ask you some questions that you've already answered (probably dozens of times), but if you'd entertain it, I'd like to talk about it with you. Whadda ya say? Also, thank you for the warm welcome back. I appreciate it! :cool: And I'll be back to respond to you post shortly. By the way, if you are interested in talking with me, I'd like to point you to page 2 of this thread, in particular my first two responses (regarding the spiritual truths of Romans as found throughout the OT with respect to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Esau, etc.). If you do wanna talk about it, I'd specifically like to know which portions of what I said that you would disagree with (not that I think you already have...just posing the question of what you do find fault with when you read it...nobody has responded to it yet, except for Scott Emerson). And I figured after the last little bit of continual miscommunication, I'd better make it clear that I'm still not jumping to any assumptions or conclusions. Just genuinely posing the quesiton to a brother of the opposite view. Okay, when I get back later, I'll look at the other post you sent as a response to me. I appreciate it, and it's been good talking with ya, even if briefly. :)

In His care, HITR

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.