Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
"Marriage is a human and civil right", reads one sign in the picture.

I wonder: Is the gentleman holding the sign aware that the Catholic Church considers its origin as being in something beyond merely human or civil boundaries or powers ('civil' in the sense of "concerning secular society", e.g., civil vs. ecclesiastical marriage)?

I pray for good catechesis on this and all topics. Something tells me the protesters aren't interested in articles like this one, though, which is a shame. At least you've shared it. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Today in church we read about the Adam and Eve and the apple. The devil knew how to twist scripture and said to Eve "Is it said you can't eat fruit from any tree in the garden?" That is not what God said, of coarse.
It's the same with sexual teachings of God. The devil has, once again, twisted scripture. The Church does not hate the L-Q community. But, at the same time, the Church can't tell that community that active sexual immorality is acceptable in God's eyes either.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today in church we read about the Adam and Eve and the apple. The devil knew how to twist scripture and said to Eve "Is it said you can't eat fruit from any tree in the garden?" That is not what God said, of coarse.
It's the same with sexual teachings of God. The devil has, once again, twisted scripture. The Church does not hate the L-Q community. But, at the same time, the Church can't tell that community that active sexual immorality is acceptable in God's eyes either.
We see it every day on social media.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We see it every day on social media.

I think the spread of atheism and Satanism is the reason for that. They try to force the Church to think the way they do--they have an agenda.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the spread of atheism and Satanism is the reason for that. They try to force the Church to think the way they do--they have an agenda.
Well no doubt it has to do with Satan but I think it is fed to us daily through media, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0