muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
God's legal protection, take it or leave it.

I don't know if you noticed in the news a month back now a baloon in New Zealand burst into flames killing all aboard in a very unpleasant way. Serious questions were asked how could this happen to a particular couple on the baloon who were dedicated christians, travelling and volunteering loving service all over the world. How could God let this happen was the call.

We see evidence of a court room drama unfolding in Job 1:6 as Satan presented himself at what seems to be a council. He argued that God had hedged Job around on each side with His protection.

Satan needed the Almighty' authority lifted before he laid a hand on Job.

Therefore, it stands to reason the same authority applies to us.

David, the man after God's own heart claims similar in Psalm 139:5

You have hedged me behind and before and laid your hand over me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me.

In Psalm 34.7 we see how this protection is applied and by whom.

The Angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him. Translated also as respects Him.

How do we respect Him. Solomon tells us in Proverbs 1:33

but whosoever listens to me will dwell safely and will be secure without fear of evil.

Now let's walk over to the NT in Mathew 4 where we see Satan tempting Jesus to step foot outside the legal bounds of His word as set by the creator.

So therefore we can see clear legal guidlines for us to pay attention to for our own protection.

Jesus was obviously well trained in the legal boundaries and teaches us throughout His ministry as seen in Luke 22:31 when Satan had asked to sift Simon Peter like Wheat.

Even back then we can see He was interceeding for us.

The Pharisees also tested Jesus when they handed Him the case of the Woman caught breaking the 7th commandment of God's Law.

She had been caught in the act and by the judgement of the Pharisees she would have been stoned to death, but Jesus left them without a legal leg to stand on. How, because the bible does not mention if two witness's were present as the law requires, or where was the man involved? Surely he also is under the law?

But what is clear by example, only our Father in heaven and Jesus have final authority because they are without sin.

The question begs here. How is sin defined by the word of God?

1 John 3:4 tells us clearly.

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.

The judgement of sin was in place back in Genesis in the garden so must have been the law, or how could Adam and Eve sinned.

We know the 4th commandment was stated very early at the point of creation itself.

I believe in these last days such clear teachings as provided by the word of God need to be seriously considered. God's hand is not shortened that it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy that it cannot hear. As written in Isaiah 59:1

Meaning even if we stand outside His law, He is final authority over our lives. But me personally, I wouldn't temp Satan's hand or the Authority of Yahweh. Not with the lives of my 3 small children at stake. My own life means far less to me than theirs, and when I get down on my knees before Him early in the morning to petition for their safety each and every day as instructed by the Lord's prayer...

Give us this day, our daily bread...

By His grace, and by His Faith provided to me as a gift I secure the promise of their safety that day, every day. To be able to claim the protection of Psalm 91, we may need to fulfill certain criteria first.

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite versus which warms the heart, just knowing He watches over His children, with an eye none should dare come against.

For the eyes of Yahweh are upon the righteous and His ears unto their prayers.

What is His righteousness?

Psalm 119:172

For all your commandments are righteousness.

Proverbs 20:7

a righteous man that walks in his integrity, blessed are his children after him.

Muzza
progress.gif

Last edited:

muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Danke mein freund. Can't honestly say I fit into a box by any name, baptized in the church of God, have my sabbath and Holy day roots there, led there literally to be baptized there, but I learn all I can from others with pure roots, such as Messianics.

I've faced people from all places stating, "we are the ones", but I can't buy that. There is an undeniable movement here and to close myself off from such a grass roots education led by a force, perhaps even a latter rain?

Let's learn together. I feel a unity here and a fresh breeze, let's learn how to walk with Him, really walk with Him, know Him, and just as important, let Him know us.

Mathew 25, 5 wise virgins.

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Danke mein freund. Can't honestly say I fit into a box by any name, baptized in the church of God, have my sabbath and Holy day roots there, led there literally to be baptized there, but I learn all I can from others with pure roots, such as Messianics.

I've faced people from all places stating, "we are the ones", but I can't buy that. There is an undeniable movement here and to close myself off from such a grass roots education led by a force, perhaps even a latter rain?

Let's learn together. I feel a unity here and a fresh breeze, let's learn how to walk with Him, really walk with Him, know Him, and just as important, let Him know us.

Mathew 25, 5 wise virgins.

Bitte schoen. I thought you were Messianic - I just wondered why you do not use the Messianic icon that opens up the forum to you for debate, teaching etc.

Upvote 0

muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'll be changing that very soon. Bizzare as this us, I for some reason had to stop off at another forum and stoke 'em up about believing and living as if His eternal spiritual ten commandments were no longer applicable. I had some firm discussions, they dont like it. Gotta say, I didn't enjoy it though. I kept coming over here and feeling the unity, rather than disharmony and confusion and here I am now. Well sort of, it's near midnight so I'll see you soon. Really great the warm welcome, better than over there, I was like a pork chop at a Messianic barbeque. Goodnight. Zzzzz

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll be changing that very soon. Bizzare as this us, I for some reason had to stop off at another forum and stoke 'em up about believing and living as if His eternal spiritual ten commandments were no longer applicable. I had some firm discussions, they dont like it. Gotta say, I didn't enjoy it though. I kept coming over here and feeling the unity, rather than disharmony and confusion and here I am now. Well sort of, it's near midnight so I'll see you soon. Really great the warm welcome, better than over there, I was like a pork chop at a Messianic barbeque. Goodnight. Zzzzz

uuuuhhhh you wouldn't see a pork chop at a Messianic barbecue!!!! hehehehehe. Is that what you meant? (I can be kind of thick sometimes.....lol)

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟139,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uuuuhhhh you wouldn't see a pork chop at a Messianic barbecue!!!! hehehehehe. Is that what you meant? (I can be kind of thick sometimes.....lol)
On the other hand, turkey ham can be very pleasant if you can tolerate the sodium... :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
An oldy but a goody, reinvented modern from the old Jewish barbeque. I try and stay away from processed stuff, especially meat. Hard to tell what's n there.

I'm told by funeral directors that our bodies now take up to 5 days to begin to decay, after death, because of the amount of preservative in the foods we eat!

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
On the other hand, turkey ham can be very pleasant if you can tolerate the sodium... :D

I've been trying to acquire the taste for turkey bacon (not crispy enough) and for turkey sausage (not too terrible actually :D).

Upvote 0

muzza21

Jan 29, 2012
austria
✟7,853.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
We know for sure this post is doomed, doomed I tell you, when processed meat can hold our interest. Let's pull it back now before it's a grease spot. As you know I'm fairly new in town, don't know a lot about Messianics except the Torah is the principle teaching and you're basically all I've got. What's the difference between other shabbat and Holy day observers and you (now us)? Where shall I begin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So glad to have you aboard... I think between our collective knowledge we will have some very delightful interchanges.. It is always nice to have a core base of faith from which to build on... and you look like you do.. so glad to have you here... and may you feel welcome to post and fellowship with us.

Upvote 0