Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
From what I read - the Democratic Senators held what could be interpreted as nothing more than political theater and didn't even bother to show up.
Yes, I heard that somewhere, I don't know whether it was the news or who. But they said that most weren't going to. That seems childish kinda when Nancy was controlling whatever that was and through her signals no one would clap on that side of the room. I think it was Trump and his speeches on what to expect for the coming year. They were like her puppets. You'd think they would balk at that kind of control. Sorry, I wandered, lol. I am sorry about this thread because I have been checking all the stations and see no voting going on. I wonder what happened? Are they going to run the vote during the debate, that's funny.:)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I read - the Democratic Senators held what could be interpreted as nothing more than political theater and didn't even bother to show up.

Guess they knew it's a slam dunk.
M

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She should not have bern nominated and her failure to affirm election interference!!!, the voting rights act!!!, and other well established picked are legal disqualifies her to be confirmed.
There is a criminal in the White House trying to cripple the USPS to interfere with the election right now.
A brainwashedi deologue corrupted by an ideological Notre Dame professor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Lady understands the law better than anyone on this board. Take negative remarks towards her with a grain of salt.

A good Christian Lady.

M
the vote was supposed to be yesterday but I have seen nothing on it. Did she get in?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the vote was supposed to be yesterday but I have seen nothing on it. Did she get in?

The republicans voted yesterday to forward the vote to the full Senate floor, which occurs Monday...

Yesterdays vote was just procedural, it always needed to get to the full Senate.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Under committee rules there were to have been two Democrats present for the vote. There was only one present. The Republicans violated the rules. I guess the Senate Republicans think rules don't apply to them.

For the record, Barrett is certainly qualified to be on the court. Of course Obama nominee Merrick Garland was also qualified but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wouldn't even give him the courtesy of a hearing. Double standard. The Republicans will have no right to complain when they are in the minority but I'm sure they will.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden is proposing a bipartisan commission to address how to insure balanced, non-partisan functional courts in the future. Recommendations will be presented in 180 days.

As Justice Roberts has indicated in his last votes, a court that has lost the country's support and respect cannot function.

Trump/McConnell's legacy is a dysfunctional court system that has already fractured the country and will veto most laws passed under progressive administrations.

I know Biden has been vetting a few Republicans for posts in his administration--Kasich, Flake, Meg Whitman. Perhaps they can join this commission.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Under committee rules there were to have been two Democrats present for the vote. There was only one present. The Republicans violated the rules. I guess the Senate Republicans think rules don't apply to them.

For the record, Barrett is certainly qualified to be on the court. Of course Obama nominee Merrick Garland was also qualified but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wouldn't even give him the courtesy of a hearing. Double standard. The Republicans will have no right to complain when they are in the minority but I'm sure they will.
Ok fine. How about this? We got it wrong last time. Sorry. We’ll get it right this time. Move forward. Happy?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For the record, Barrett is certainly qualified to be on the court. Of course Obama nominee Merrick Garland was also qualified but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell wouldn't even give him the courtesy of a hearing. Double standard.
Somehow, confirming a nominee and giving a nominee the 'courtesy' of a hearing don't seem like the same thing.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
She should not have bern nominated and her failure to affirm election interference!!!, the voting rights act!!!, and other well established picked are legal disqualifies her to be confirmed.
There is a criminal in the White House trying to cripple the USPS to interfere with the election right now.
A brainwashedi deologue corrupted by an ideological Notre Dame professor.
Barrett has no business discussing issues that could potentially be in front of her on the Supreme Court. You want her to affirm election interference but there are criminal cases on that issue that could end up in front of her. This includes interference in this years election caused by Russia and Iran. As for the voting rights act, that law has been in front of the Supreme Court within the last 5 years on one or two occasions. Barrett has no business commenting on it.

The post office has nothing to do with Barrett, bringing it up makes you look completely unhinged.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok fine. How about this? We got it wrong last time. Sorry. We’ll get it right this time. Move forward. Happy?
Oh yes, like that makes up for past wrongs. Why not do the same thing and put it off until after the election?

Upvote 0