Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Plus some of us are very sensitive to noise.

The building next door to us at work has been having loads of work done to it. I have had to deal with drilling from 8.30 to 4.30 with very little let up. I hate noise like that its offputting and I just cannot ignore it. I am still pretty wound up now from it. A child crying has the same effect on me. Its just one of those sounds that makes me insane.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I was trying really hard not to though! lol ^_^ I'm always super-polite on the outside, no matter what I'm thinking on the inside. ;)
I know, me too!

Your OP made me smile. Cherish that moment. :) BTW, I do know parents who would have the same products in their shopping cart. :D In fact, my parents were like that. And my husband has a sweet tooth, he often buys sweets.

The condoms ad is probably belgian (I had the sound turned off because my husband is asleep in the next room, so I couldn't hear in what language - if there was speech beside the tantrum - it was), because Colruyt is Belgian I think, and Kruidvat is Dutch, but has some stores in Belgium too. The kid is a spitting image of my nephew. He usually doesn't throw things, but the facial expression is totally his - and the looks in general.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
All I know is when my friends bring their kids over to my house, I don't have anything here the kids will eat. The parents think I'm a fabulous cook, but the kids won't touch my food with a ten-foot pole. One time when I was expecting a friend to come over with her son, I was trying to think of something to make that he might like, so I made some craisin muffins. The kid took one look at them and asked if I had any frosting for them! He wouldn't eat them otherwise!
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I'm trying to catch up with this thread (and multiquoting usually doesn't work with me :sorry: ). It's the same with me, Orchard, the kids I know hate my cooking - too many vegetables! I wish my nephew and nieces were educated better in that department. I do know kids who eat healthily, but they are of a former friend of mine so they no longer eat at my place. I never have things they like - even my apple pie is yucky as it contains fruit. :D I tried to make things they do like, but I've given up - they can have a sandwich that their parents make for them or they can choose to fast. Or eat my yummy food of course. But I'm not giving them fries or other unhealthy things.

We eat lots of healthy food AND steaks and brie and wine! ^_^

Upvote 0

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I'm trying to catch up with this thread (and multiquoting usually doesn't work with me :sorry: ). It's the same with me, Orchard, the kids I know hate my cooking - too many vegetables! I wish my nephew and nieces were educated better in that department. I do know kids who eat healthily, but they are of a former friend of mine so they no longer eat at my place. I never have things they like - even my apple pie is yucky as it contains fruit. :D I tried to make things they do like, but I've given up - they can have a sandwich that their parents make for them or they can choose to fast. Or eat my yummy food of course. But I'm not giving them fries or other unhealthy things.

We eat lots of healthy food AND steaks and brie and wine! ^_^

Are apples not usually considered fruit??? :confused:

p.s. Rebekka I am so happy there is someone on these boards who loves wine as much as I do!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
What we post in this forum is based on our personal experiences and not meant to stereotype parents or children. It may sound that way sometimes, but what we are doing is venting our frustrations or sharing a part of ourselves that can be understood only by those who have walked in our shoes. Being allowed to express these feelings is important, even vital, to us because otherwise, we become further alienated and defensive to those who see things differently than we do. We do not have an agenda against parents or children. We simply wish to be accepted and understood.

Parents, please do not take personally what we discuss among ourselves.
What she said.:thumbsup: This forum is meant for the childfree. Parents are welcome to fellowship here, but we don't post with a parent's view in mind - we don't know what it's like to be a parent, and parents don't know what it's like to be childfree - as I noticed in this thread. If I wanted to share things with parents, I would post it in the parenting forum.

I appreciate the posts of parents in this forum, but if parents suspect that they might get offended by posts here, they can always choose not to visit this forum. We all know that some parents can't understand why anyone would be childfree, and that they can be offended by our views on parenting or children. We all know that as we experience it in our daily lives. And then we write about it in this forum, our only place to share these experiences - most of us don't have childfree friends in our immediate circle of real-life friends.

Parents, or people who want to be parents, are a majority. They can share their experiences with the majority of people in their surroundings, as well as online. Most people will understand, or have had similar experiences. It's hard to find other childfree people.

The only reason why I joined CF is this forum, the childfree section. And actually it's the only forum I'm staying for, after the recent changes. When I write posts in this forum, I have the childfree in mind as my audience. I agree with snoochface, if I offend parents with my posts - quite unintentionally, as I never mean to hurt anyone, and all I do write is my own experiences, they are not meant to be generalizations, so don't assume that I view all kids or all parents the same way as that is not true at all - then so be it. They are written for the childfree, to share my feelings, to get understanding, or to tell a funny story, or whatnot.

The OP amused me because my experiences with supermarket employees is the opposite, they always give me the "awwww... don't you just love kids?" look or speech. It's nice to see the other side for a change.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Are apples not usually considered fruit??? :confused:

p.s. Rebekka I am so happy there is someone on these boards who loves wine as much as I do!
Yes, of course they are, but some kids still are offended when they find out that apple pie has apples in it! :D

Special :hug: for my fellow wine lover! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You beer drinkers are so selfish! You aren't thinking about all the brain cells who will never get a chance to live! You should be creating and nurturing hops, not consuming it like murdering heathens!

:p

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You beer drinkers are so selfish! You aren't thinking about all the brain cells who will never get a chance to live! You should be creating and nurturing hops, not consuming it like murdering heathens!

:p
You have a point. Those poor hops. :( I will go to confession first thing tomorrow - and then straight to the pub. :D

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A dairy product that's high in saturated fat, unfortunately. :cry:

My husband has high cholesterol (at the age of only 32!), so we have to be careful :(

Oh I know, just joking. :) My husband has had high cholesterol since he was about 28 yo. Actually his cholesterol and blood pressure problems are the least of our worries in relation to food.

One of the real downsides to pregnancy as well, not being able to have soft cheeses :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
One of the real downsides to pregnancy as well, not being able to have soft cheeses :(
Yes, and wine and beer too. :( This is a shallow reason not to have children of course, and it's certainly not my real reason, but I love French unpasteurized cheeses, and wine, and would have to give up both in case of pregnancy. It's silly, but it really would be a bummer if I found out I were pregnant - no more wine and yummy cheese for nine months! :swoon: And I lost my sweet tooth - chocolate doesn't do much for me anymore. So there's hardly any compensation.

LOL, they really must think we're all selfish now. :D "I don't want kids because I don't want to give up cheese and booze!" :doh:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just guessing here, but I think it has something to do with live bacterial cultures in the cheese and the baby's immature immune system.
Ahhh okay. I never would have thought of that.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why does cheese affect a pregnancy? :scratch:
Yes, what HeyHomie said. Unpasteurized cheeses (as most farm cheeses and yummy french cheeses are - but supermarket cheese is usually pasteurized and they are safe, even in pregnancy) might cause a bacterial infection. For the same reason, frail old people and very young children had better not eat them. This goes for raw eggs and red meat (rare steaks) as well (different bacteria though, if I remember correctly).

All the good stuff.

Upvote 0