Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For those who care or are cognizant of the low numbers of canonized U.S. Saints, here's a hopeful:
Maryland Priest Miracle

A panel appointed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore is about to take on a rare investigation -- whether prayers to a 19th-century priest miraculously cured an Annapolis, Md., woman of terminal cancer, The Baltimore Sun reported.

Maggie893

It is what it is.
Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ok seriously!!!!

Check him out! Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos C.Ss.R.

Welcome to the official website devoted to the heroic & miraculous life of the “Cheerful Ascetic,” Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, C.Ss.R. (1819-1867). We hope that you will be inspired by this Redemptorist priest, who was beatified by Pope John Paul II in the Solemn Jubilee Year 2000. Father Seelos possessed great mystical gifts due to his intense prayer life. His dedication to ministry with cheerful holiness makes him still an outstanding model for clergy, religious and laity alike. As an itinerant preacher and lifelong friend of the poor and destitute, Seelos was a spiritual father to tens of thousands. Despite his early death at age 48, so profound was his missionary zeal that sickness, persecution, and even the upheaval caused by a civil war could not stop him.

He actually died at the same age my sister is now. I'm so calling on his intercessions. Thanks FullyMT!

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

bunnydrop

Apr 12, 2009
uk
✟15,759.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the news FullyMT.Its so nice to be posted with info like this.their is so much going on in the church an news its hard to keep up.Without this site id be in the dark.Do keep us posted if you can .where do you find news like this, is thier a catholic paper i can follow online? x

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.