Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,561.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes the left is exactly doing that. All you have to do is look at all the efforts to do just that. I think you know that and agree. Unless of course you are against the cancel culture.

I do not find your claims credible. Your view of the left does not comport with my understanding. I think you unable to see the left clearly.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
If you read my post you wouldn't have said what you did. It's obvious you didn't read it.

If the Right isn’t tipping over into communinistic ideas like seizing the means of production, then every conservative on this thread is just screaming into the wind. They are complaining but are expecting no actual action taken to stop these companies.

I guess it’s similar to kneeling for the national anthem. Conservatives will prattle on about the rights we have in this country, just make sure you never use them. These companies have a right to decide what they produce and sell, they just shouldn’t exercise that right.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes it was a political move. It's a virtual book burning. Just poof, gone.

No one should be forced to do or sell anything. Sure they can choose to not carry it. This is the problem with the left. They want to FORCE people to do what they want. FORCE you to sell or not sell what they deem fit. Ban books you find objectional.

We are for freedom. Sell, don't sell. Make the choice.

The cancel culture is the lefts way of ridding society of things they find objectionable. Cancel Dr. Suess, cancel this book. Cancel Mark Twain, cancel bakeries, cancel florists, cancel speakers. Cancel you tubers, cancel platforms.

It's a warning to those who don't see it. You on the left are okay with it. You support it.

And once you can force people to sell or not sell, then you control what information is out there. Remove peoples access to information and Ideas. Only provide access to information you want them to have access to.

THE. BOOK. IS. NOT. "GONE". It has not been burned. It has not been cancelled. The actual publisher is still publishing the book. I posted a link with at least 5 online locations where you can still get your precious LBGT hate book.

You on "The Right" are unhinged. You seem to live in an alternate reality with completely different facts from the rest of us. Facts that seem to completely contradict what you say you believe in such as free market capitalism, freedom of expression, etc.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal
THE. BOOK. IS. NOT. "GONE". It has not been burned. It has not been cancelled. The actual publisher is still publishing the book. I posted a link with at least 5 online locations where you can still get your precious LBGT hate book.

You on "The Right" are unhinged. You seem to live in an alternate reality with completely different facts from the rest of us. Facts that seem to completely contradict what you say you believe in such as free market capitalism, freedom of expression, etc.

Ha! Sorry, none of us has said Amazon doesn't have a right to not sell the book. You leftists can't seem to understand it's not about capitalism. That's because to you guys it's always about force. You prove my point. You want to force companies away from capitalism. To market products the way you want them to. To sell products or not sell products. Amazon sold the book for three years. And you just called the book a LGBT hate book. Have you read it? So you support cancelling the book.

It's about the the cancel culture. YOU are the ones against capitalism and free expression. We haven't asked for books to be cancelled or free expression to be cancelled. It's YOU who are against capitalism when you try and force companies not to sell certain products or companies not to advertise on certain shows etc. You don't like what someone says it what someone writes, your idea is to cancel them. Force is used. Right now the left is trying to get the banjo player from Mumford and Sons fired for congratulating Andy Ngo on his new book. Dr. Suess books are being cancelled. The company Dolls Kill had to deal with the capitalistic cancel culture after they thanked police for protecting their store from rioters.

Virginia school system cancels Dr. Seuss, citing racial 'undertones' in writings: report

Aunt Jemima was cancelled.

Now That Aunt Jemima Got Canceled, These Brands Might Be Next

Freedom of expression is under attack by the left.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/04/nba-voice-grant-napear-was-fired-for-stating-all-lives-matter-truth/

Two major conservatives get CANCELED by Politico after woke mob erupted over Ben Shapiro decision

Middlebury College Cancels Conservative Philosopher's Lecture on Totalitarianism

So there you have it. The left supports punishing people and companies who don't agree with them.

• Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Amazon sold the book for three years. And you just called the book a LGBT hate book. Have you read it?

No, I don't think any of us here on the left have read this book. We only heard about it after Amazon made its own decision about it, and conservatives started screeching about it. The left didn't make Amazon do anything.

YOU are the ones against capitalism and free expression.

Nonsense.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
It's about the the cancel culture. YOU are the ones against capitalism and free expression. We haven't asked for books to be cancelled or free expression to be cancelled.
except for The diary of Anne Frank
To Kill a Mockingbird
all 7 of the Harry Potter books
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
The invisible man
Heather Has Two Mommies
Thirteen Reasons Why
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Two Boys Kissing
The Handmaiden's Tale
The Color Purple
and so many many more...

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I guess it’s similar to kneeling for the national anthem. Conservatives will prattle on about the rights we have in this country, just make sure you never use them. .
That's not true! You should be participating in hate speech on the regular!

At times these people seem to be hailed almost as heroes on this site.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I remember when I was in my early 20s, I had dreadlocks put in. They look ridiculous. So terrible....just awwwwwwful. I regretted it so much. I ended up putting some in a couple years later that also looked terrible, just in a different way.

Now that I'm older, I tihnk "It was incredibly stupid of me to put dreadlocks in my hair and I regret doing that". Nobody would think twice if I decided to remove those pictures of me from the internet. In fact, most people suggest, in an effort to make your "social media profile more palatable for prospective employers", that you remove any stupid stuff you did when you were younger.

How is my story of learning from mistakes I've made in my past and removing them as best as I can, ANY different at ALL from a corporation recognizing that Maaaaaaaybe they don't wnat to be associated with that type of idea?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given their publishing guidelines, I am not surprised that they will not sell some books. They are not a library, they don't have to give access to every book.

Well...libraries don't either, and don't purport to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but I'll see if I can find it

No....they don't, because a book that one publisher won't release anymore is still available.

Do....do you understand how the world works?
Ringo

Actually, Amazon is not even the publisher (except for vanity titles). Amazon is just a distributor. All those books are still otherwise available.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
right-wing Christians are sure spending a lot of His resources nattering about it.
That's the whole point

Stimulate a response you know you can demonize (in the current climate), to vilify your opponents & defeat them

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the whole point

Stimulate a response you know you can demonize (in the current climate), to vilify your opponents & defeat them

I was only a teenager when I began to discern when people were just trying to get "a rise" out of me...and to ignore those attempts.

But actually, when, say, Hasbro Toys decides to rename "Mister and Mrs Potato Head" to "The Potato Family," they didn't do it with the intention of vilifying right-wingers. I doubt the executives at that meeting were rubbing their hands, grinning, and saying among themselves, "Boy, this will really annoy the Evangelicals! Let's do it!"

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I doubt the executives at that meeting were rubbing their hands, grinning, and saying among themselves, "Boy, this will really annoy the Evangelicals! Let's do it!"
certainly not out loud, on camera

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Saw this quote and it bears repeating

On 2012 The Lorax was released; A movie based on the book of the same name. Conservatives jumped all over it calling Seuss work "insidious propaganda".

Let's be clear of the signal being sent...just an FYI;

Republicans hate Dr Seuss the environmentalist and love Dr Seuss the racist.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was only a teenager when I began to discern when people were just trying to get "a rise" out of me...and to ignore those attempts.

But actually, when, say, Hasbro Toys decides to rename "Mister and Mrs Potato Head" to "The Potato Family," they didn't do it with the intention of vilifying right-wingers. I doubt the executives at that meeting were rubbing their hands, grinning, and saying among themselves, "Boy, this will really annoy the Evangelicals! Let's do it!"

Careful. Without the ability to take broader social changes as a personal attack against everything they hold dear, many conservatives won't have much to talk about after effectively abandoning most of their principles over the last few years.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
That's the whole point

exactly what the religious rights has tried for years to do with the LGBT community

Upvote 0