Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The 21-Piece Armor of God (Ephesians 6:11-18)

1 Belt of Truth
2 Breastplate of Righteousness
3 Sandals with the Gospel of Peace
4 Shield of Faith
5 Helmet of Salvation
6 Sword of the Spirit
7 Prayer

Providing we have received Christ and subdued past hinderances, how does a Christian member of society patiently walk a ‘quiet and peaceable life’ while securely amassing that ‘armor of God’?

Quick reviews of God’s equipment usually lists 7-separate articles of armor. Why is it so many authors skip the one piece of armor which rises above further allegorical treatment, I submit to you other pieces that trails ‘prayer’, that is providing that this battle you are about to enter will be fought

8 In the Spirit
9 Watchfulness
10 Perseverance
11 Supplication

That effort of securing the armor runs consecutively with the other armor of God – the fruits of the Spirit, one gives glory to God by the gospel and another glory to God by our fruit.

“This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much [amass] fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples” (John 15:8).​

The Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22,23)

1 Faithfulness
2 Gentleness
3 Goodness
4 Joy
5 Kindness
6 Love
7 Patience
8 Peace
9 Self-control

As well as number 10; the spiritual fruit of V-24, mortification,

10 Crucify Godlessness

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Providing we have received Christ and subdued past hinderances, how does a Christian member of society patiently walk a ‘quiet and peaceable life’ while securely amassing that ‘armor of God’?
The armor works in "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit" > in 1 Peter 3:4. This gentleness and quietness is in God's love, therefore in love with almighty power so you can not be corrupted by evil spiritual and emotional things. In 1 John 4:18 we have >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment." (in 1 John 4:18)

God's love is gentle and quiet, but also almighty to cast out fear.

So, the armor has to do with living in God's love >

Belt of Truth > I have learned that truth can mean the true reality of how our character becomes in God's love

Breastplate of Righteousness > God's love is right . . . righteous, with almighty defense against evil spiritual and emotional things and dictatorial desires

Sandals with the Gospel of Peace > God's peace is in God's love

Shield of Faith > "faith working through love" > Galatians 5:6

Helmet of Salvation > in 1 Thessalonians 5:8 > we have "as a helmet the hope of salvation" > love "hopes all things" > 1 Corinthians 13:7 > while we pray with hope for any and all people, this protects us from howsoever this evil world would keep us from having hope; plus in hope we are encouraged to seek God for all He pleases to do and share with us. By staying on the offense of seeking God and all His good, this is the best defense . . . our good offense of not only trying to put down the devil, but putting on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sword of the Spirit > God's sword can cut at the enemy, but also do surgery which is good for us :) > Hebrews 4:12

Prayer > "praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God" > in Jude 20-21 > we pray in the Holy Spirit, therefore in submission to the Holy Spirit while sharing with the Holy Spirit of God's own love > Romans 5:5

So, living in God's love is basic for the best defense and the best offense.

And God so powerful is quiet and gentle.

May be having the armor is like things are for an electric eel. The "eel" is quiet, but can put out a powerful shock against anyone who tries to mess with the "eel". But also this shock can stun fish for the "eel" to eat.

Like this, in "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit", we can make Satan flee, but also make our Heavenly Father pleased :) Because in God's love we are with our God who "is a consuming fire" > in Hebrews 12:29. The same fire can burn Satan away from us, while also making raw chicken become finger licking good with a nice aroma while we are warmly sharing and caring as God's family like around a nice campfire.

So, this armor thing works with sharing as family with God and His people . . . not with lone warrior-hero stuff.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
". . . not with lone warrior-hero stuff
Yes and no dear friend. Fruits of the Spirit's armor 7, 8 and 9 are deployed for just such an occasion!

At my first defense no one stood with me, but all forsook me. May it not be charged against them.

(
2 Timothy 4:16)

Upvote 0