Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Found this interview with one of Bethel Music major artists, Amanda Cook. She has recently released an album and I find this interview with Christian Post a bit disturbing. Not too surprised but it's quite obvious she´s got some VERY unbiblical views based off her comments...

"Every day I increasingly felt like gravity and the great beyond, called God, was working in my favor. I love this divine essence that we so commonly refer to as God. I think it becomes this common, almost familiar thing that it has connotations because we basically impose our belief system on whatever we think God is when we say the word "God." I love the names that this essence and this divine presence gives itself."

What do you think? Sounds extremely "New Agey" to me, and she again, is one of the main artists for Bethel...

Full article: Bethel’s Amanda Lindsey Cook reveals why she went silent, what she learned during difficult season

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg

This Thread

From Praise and Worship Music
To Christian Music

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: Ojpalosa
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟451,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it sounds spacey and new age. She has always been a bit of an emotional artist but that is a new level. Reading the whole interview to get everything in context, particularly with the last paragraph, I doubt her Christian belief system has changed, but I sure don't relate to that type of imagery. I think it also will be confusing to many what she is trying to say. Of course, I've never been deep in the charismatic area where she resides either.

To me, worship isn’t just monologuing out loud to a patriarchy in the sky and then calling it a day and hoping for the best. We miss the Jesus who sat at tables and communed with us. That to me is what communion was. It’s every time you break bread and drink wine, “think of me” every single time you’re with family. That’s the “I am because you are, remember that I’m with you. I am within you”. The Spirit of God is alive in us. That’s golden”.

I also noted a couple of other things. First, she was not on Bethel's most recent release and has not been on their tour this year either. Not sure if that means anything or not - she is opening for another group. Second, I was actually looking forward to her latest album. IMHO, it's terrible. Most mundane thing I've heard, lots of boring synthetic music and nondescript imagery. It severely underwhelmed my expectations. I deleted it from my library. From all that and the interview in general, it appears to me she's been going through something. If so, I pray she comes out of it close to the true God and continuing to become more like Christ.

Upvote 0