Noble
✟7,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I am new to this site so, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I really need advice right now. I am an undergraduate and, I want to be a pharmacist. Ever since I decided that I would pursue pharmacy things have been going wrong. I started failing classes, which is something I've never done in the past. Not only am I failing classes, but I keep failing classes that are very important to have good grades in in order to get accepted into pharmacy school... While very depressed about my situation I begged God to speak to me through the Holy Bible. I opened my Bible to a random page and began to read. The page was from the book of Job when Job was talking about how he wished he had never been born. I relate a lot to the way Job felt, and I believe God did speak to me through the Holy Bible. I thought God was telling me to stay strong and continue pursuing pharmacy because even his best followers face trouble. A year later (this summer) I took a class I have previously struggled with and poured my heart out to God before taking the final. If I fail this class I will most likely not get accepted into any pharmacy schools because of how bad my GPA is. I told God that I was only pursuing this for him and not for me or anyone else. I told God that all I wanted was to serve him and show people his love and healing through pharmacy. I asked that if this pleased Him to give me knowledge and peace so that I could do well on the final exam. I achieved the grade I wanted in my final exam and cried thanking God for allowing me to pass this class that I have struggled so much with. Today, I learned that there was one homework assignment that I was unaware I missed and did not pass. I am heartbroken. I have no words for how devastated I am. I thought God heard my prayer and was pleased with what I offered Him. What is wrong with me? Is God mad at me? Have I chosen the wrong path? I would appreciate any prayers for helping me get accepted into a pharmacy school and/or changing my professors mind to allow me to submit the homework I unfortunately missed.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Jean13 , what kind of classes are you failing?
Do you not understand the material?
Are you missing deadlines?
In what ways are you failing now, that you didn't fail before?

(Also, do I detect a bit of OCD?)

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re not a failure, Jean. Many, many times I have ran joyfully into something that felt like and which I was sure was God’s Will. Only to have it fall apart horribly. It’s happened.

It’s a crummy feeling. It’s depressing. It’s not your fault. Sometimes God allows us to go forward with something for a while, and then closes a door. He is pleased by your desire to serve Him and serve others, but may have something else waiting for you. He loves you, very much.

Talk to the teacher. Talk to the Lord. Seek His Will, and be open to the possibility that this may be a wonderful idea, and it may or may not be what you will do. Talk to the teacher. Then, let God decide for you.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I opened my Bible to a random page and began to read.

Opening Bibles to random pages is not how God speaks to us.

If it is God's will for you to go to pharmacy school, then you will be accepted.

If it is not God's will for you to go to pharmacy school, then you will not be accepted.

Meanwhile, do what you can to pass and be accepted.

I told God that all I wanted was to serve him and show people his love and healing through pharmacy.

It may be that God wants you to serve Him not in pharmacy, but in some kind of related field.

I would appreciate any prayers for helping me get accepted into a pharmacy school and/or changing my professors mind to allow me to submit the homework I unfortunately missed.

I am praying for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes God allows us to go forward with something for a while, and then closes a door.

As the old saying goes, sometimes He closes a door, and He opens a window.

Talk to the teacher. Talk to the Lord. Seek His Will, and be open to the possibility that this may be a wonderful idea, and it may or may not be what you will do. Talk to the teacher. Then, let God decide for you.

Very good advice. :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am new to this site so, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I really need advice right now. I am an undergraduate and, I want to be a pharmacist. Ever since I decided that I would pursue pharmacy things have been going wrong. I started failing classes, which is something I've never done in the past. Not only am I failing classes, but I keep failing classes that are very important to have good grades in in order to get accepted into pharmacy school... While very depressed about my situation I begged God to speak to me through the Holy Bible. I opened my Bible to a random page and began to read. The page was from the book of Job when Job was talking about how he wished he had never been born. I relate a lot to the way Job felt, and I believe God did speak to me through the Holy Bible. I thought God was telling me to stay strong and continue pursuing pharmacy because even his best followers face trouble. A year later (this summer) I took a class I have previously struggled with and poured my heart out to God before taking the final. If I fail this class I will most likely not get accepted into any pharmacy schools because of how bad my GPA is. I told God that I was only pursuing this for him and not for me or anyone else. I told God that all I wanted was to serve him and show people his love and healing through pharmacy. I asked that if this pleased Him to give me knowledge and peace so that I could do well on the final exam. I achieved the grade I wanted in my final exam and cried thanking God for allowing me to pass this class that I have struggled so much with. Today, I learned that there was one homework assignment that I was unaware I missed and did not pass. I am heartbroken. I have no words for how devastated I am. I thought God heard my prayer and was pleased with what I offered Him. What is wrong with me? Is God mad at me? Have I chosen the wrong path? I would appreciate any prayers for helping me get accepted into a pharmacy school and/or changing my professors mind to allow me to submit the homework I unfortunately missed.
I think you should at least talk to your prof. I am also thinking that you may want to attend pharmacy school for the wrong reasons. You need to think about this, do you enjoy your class work, it sounds like you do not, you should select a career because you enjoy the field and not for some other reason. Grad school is difficult but if you love the subject then work is not work it is satisfying the desire you have to enjoy the subject even more as you concentrate on it. You are not likely at all to finish grad school if you are in the wrong field.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Have you considered that maybe your desire and gift for wanting to help people through medicine may not be "pharmaceutical" in nature?

I'm not anti pharmaceutical per se; but I do note they are not always the best choice for what ails us. I have a son with autism and epilepsy and some pharmaceutical drugs make him absolutely nuts-so. He's done much better on supplements and organic food. Although he does take Depketote for his seizures.

So though you passed the test; (that's a good thing) you didn't pass the class. Sometimes it's not the path that's wrong; it's the timing that's wrong. (And yes, sometimes the path just isn't right for us.) Those questions can be hard to navigate. And yeah; it can be hard to know "what do I want to do when I grow up?".

And sometimes there are unexpected changes in the course of our lives. 19 years ago I was planning on going to Cornell for landscape architecture. I put those plans on hold when I found out I was pregnant. Well, I never got back to the landscape architecture. Even though I did manage to finish college.

Then I was going to go on and get a Master's in clinical psychology and things changed again. I became 100% service connected from way back Desert Storm, my husband died and now my son gets Social Security and income is no longer an issue. So now I'm a Christian sci-fi Internet writer who posts Bible studies as well as other stories on FanFiction.

I know we often wonder "What is God's will for me?" and often times it's as simple as - just do the next thing in front of you. You may not know the road; but God will get you to the destination.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

no coincidence you opened the bible on that page ...

of interest regarding Job

For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."

Yet in the he end repented of what he had heard, God causing him to see.

I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

the book of Job speaks to what is happening in Job as it speaks to what is happening in all of us .... a change of perception ... seeing he does not get a new wife/soul but new children/thoughts

God has you exactly where He wants you ....

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Please be assured of God's unfailing love for you. If He does not want you to be a pharmacist, then He has something better in store for you. Decades ago I asked God for a job with a list of things it should include. I got exactly what I asked for. It was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. It is always a good thing to override your requests with "Your will be done..." Having said that, many years later, I applied for a job that was ideally suited to me. I knew in my heart that I would get it. I was there for 13 years. God knows what is best for us.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please be assured of God's unfailing love for you. If He does not want you to be a pharmacist, then He has something better in store for you. Decades ago I asked God for a job with a list of things it should include. I got exactly what I asked for. It was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. It is always a good thing to override your requests with "Your will be done..." Having said that, many years later, I applied for a job that was ideally suited to me. I knew in my heart that I would get it. I was there for 13 years. God knows what is best for us.
your post reminded me of something in my past. once upon a time I said "I will never do that job" not long thereafter I was doing that job and it turned out to be much better than what I expected.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It can be a very consequential mistake to interpret signs rashly. They may mean something, they may not. You failing the course could be a sign that a career decision is necessary, or it could be that you need to dig in and overcome more opposition. The two are diametrically opposed.

What I would take away from that difficult passage in Job is that life can get rough here, but as we see in the end, God never abandoned Job despite all the drama in his life between him and his wife and friends. We love because He first loved us; we are faithful because He remains faithful to us. It's an unbreakable bond as long as we do not walk away from it. So He is with you in this.

The first thing I would suggest is to turn to the Lord with all your cares and pour your soul out to Him. Open your heart to His peace that passes understanding (php 4), and return to the place of resting in Him (Mt 11,28-; Jn 15). He has promised to make a way where there is none, and nothing that has arisen has surprised Him.

Then do what you can. Talk to the prof and explain the homework situation. Calmly cite how you worked hard and did everything else diligently and on time. Then with clear conscience - and with peace - leave it in the Lord's hands.

Take a look at Paul's second missionary journey, at Acts 16. He and Barnabas decide to revisit the churches they had planted. Immediately the wheels start falling off their chariots, even to the breakup of their collaboration. Finally even the Holy Spirit - not the devil - prevents Paul from preaching in his intended area. But Paul never lost faith and was not fazed. Soon - while resting - he received new direction from the Lord, opening up a vast new area for ministry.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but if it does come down to it God will open a different door for you (Rev 3.7). Let your peace and confidence in God return to you. I pray that you will rest in Him and enjoy renewed vision, whichever way this goes.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello, Jean. Yes, events have dealt you a setback and I'm very sorry for that. There are a few items in your message that caught my eye, though.

Here's one of them. It's unusual that missing a single "homework" assignment will, in itself, cause a failing grade for the whole course. Are you sure that you were not on the edge anyway?

Also, Pharmacy is, I am told, a very demanding course of study with many more people wanting to go into it than can be accepted.

It is no criticism of your dedication to suggest that you might seriously consider a different career. One that is similar, perhaps.

A new start academically can work wonders and I assure you that millions of people have done exactly this and wound up being quite successful and happy in the "other" field that they turned to after first thinking that it was another one that they wanted to go into.

Finally, do not think of this as God having let you down. It is just as likely--more likely, in fact--that he is urging you, leading you, into the field of endeavor for which you are best suited.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I had a similar experience, I made a list of what I wanted in a job and God gave it to me but that was the most miserable job I've had till date. I haven't made the mistake of giving God another list again.

@OP, submit to God by praying

'Let thy will be done in my life Father'

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

antwaniiz

Aug 8, 2020
miami
✟849.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Just try not to be disappointed in God
if you do not get your way.

Upvote 0