Am I understanding this right?! Teen "gay" romance on Nickelodeon's Noggin channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
IrishJohan said:
Odd, this is precisely how I feel about the pro-gay lobby and their tarring those of religious faith.
I do HOPE you are not implying that members of the pro-gay lobby are not people of religious faith. That would be an unfortunate untruth.

Upvote 0

IrishJohan

Nov 16, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟2,911.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Mechanical Bliss said:
However I don't see people advocating that the rights of fornicators be abridged or complaining about specific shows having characters who are fornicators.
You have heard the latter but they are usually treated as former VP Quayle was. As for the former, since the comparison is between singles I haven't seen the same with regards to homosexuals.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
chalice_thunder said:
That's right, eyes - you (we all) deserve an apology. It is appalling the way christians treat fellow christians - bashing us with lies.
Well CT if anyone had accused you or anyone else on this forum of pedophilia or murder you might be owed an apology but since no one did you are doing nothing but contributing to the emotional hysteria that premates these discusssions.

Upvote 0

IrishJohan

Nov 16, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟2,911.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Arnold_Philips said:
Well, that's just it. We are normal. We shop for groceries, we have mortgage payments, we water our plants, we get embarrassed, and so on. We are just like you.
As people, certainly. With regards to homosexual relations, nope.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
sweetkitty said:
Well CT if anyone had accused you or anyone else on this forum of pedophilia or murder you might be owed an apology but since no one did you are doing nothing but contributing to the emotional hysteria that premates these discusssions.
Not true. I am not posting url's that contain such horrible misinformation - I am merely pointing out that those url's are posted here...and since that kind of misinformation is used as "evidence" against us, I feel a moral obligation to speak out against it. I did not intend to contribute to emotional hysteria, and if I did to anyone on this thread, please accept my apology.

Upvote 0

Brenna

Jan 17, 2004
✟160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
sweetkitty said:
It's very real. and BTW since you are new may I kindly suggest you read the forum rules? Sarcastic or hostile posts are against the rules.

I thought your post may have been satirical. Since it wasn't, I find it sarcastic and hostile. You certainly have the right to state your opinion, as do I. I guess sarcastic and hostile are in the eye of the beholder,eh?

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brenna said:
I thought your post may have been satirical. Since it wasn't, I find it sarcastic and hostile. You certainly have the right to state your opinion, as do I. I guess sarcastic and hostile are in the eye of the beholder,eh?
You find a Bible verse hostile and sarcastic? That's certainly interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
(names changed to protect the innocent... and the guilty.)

When I was in college, one night a bunch of us were holed up in a friends dorm room, drinking, smoking (never mind what), and swapping stories of that most irrestistable topic: sex.

Now, there were about six of us: myself, four male friends, and Catherine, who, a year ago, had come out as bisexual, and had recently just broken up from her first homosexual relationship.

The topic was "misadventures with ex-girlfriends," and all of us had stories to share. Every man in the room had a few choice words concerning some woman who had done him wrong.

As we went around the room, it was Catherine's turn. She took a swig of Jack Daniel's, and launched into a couple of stories of her own. I won't share the details of what she said that night, but I swear, I couldn't tell the difference between her story or anyone else's. What she said could've just as easily come from any of us.

Now, I've never really had much of an opinion on homosexuality: Catherine obviously didn't bother me, and what people do in their bedrooms is their own business. But that night I was blown away with the realization that there really isn't any difference.... except in the minds of a loud minority who insist they know what's best for the rest of us.

Sex, be it hetero or homo, is a part of life. Naturally, it'll be a part of our entertainment. Kudos to Nickelodeon for having the stones to tell it like it is... and God help them if they screw it up.

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Nathan Poe said:
(names changed to protect the innocent... and the guilty.)

When I was in college, one night a bunch of us were holed up in a friends dorm room, drinking, smoking (never mind what), and swapping stories of that most irrestistable topic: sex.

Now, there were about six of us: myself, four male friends, and Catherine, who, a year ago, had come out as bisexual, and had recently just broken up from her first homosexual relationship.

The topic was "misadventures with ex-girlfriends," and all of us had stories to share. Every man in the room had a few choice words concerning some woman who had done him wrong.

As we went around the room, it was Catherine's turn. She took a swig of Jack Daniel's, and launched into a couple of stories of her own. I won't share the details of what she said that night, but I swear, I couldn't tell the difference between her story or anyone else's. What she said could've just as easily come from any of us.

Now, I've never really had much of an opinion on homosexuality: Catherine obviously didn't bother me, and what people do in their bedrooms is their own business. But that night I was blown away with the realization that there really isn't any difference.... except in the minds of a loud minority who insist they know what's best for the rest of us.

Sex, be it hetero or homo, is a part of life. Naturally, it'll be a part of our entertainment. Kudos to Nickelodeon for having the stones to tell it like it is... and God help them if they screw it up.
...and that's how I became an atheist.

;)

Upvote 0

IrishJohan

Nov 16, 2003
Virginia
Visit site
✟2,911.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Arnold_Philips said:
Sex, which is what I assume you meant by 'homosexual relations,' does not define a homosexual. We are not static creatures.
Odd, this is precisely how the pro-gay lobby is passing homosexuals off as. Homosexuality is not a sin, in fact it is a mystery as to where it comes from. Acting upon it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.