Am I too insecure?

Hannah Katke

Jul 29, 2015
✟7,724.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For most of my life I've struggled with daily chronic pain and when you deal with things that your weight fluctuates answer I've never been able to "fit in" because I've Always been "too skinny" well now that I started to feel better and gained weight now I feel overweight even though I am still the skinniest girl in my class. Even if I want struggling with this I always feel like I have to ask someone if they like my new outfit before I buy it. Am I too insecure? How do I feel like I can be my own person without reporting everything to someone to get it validated?

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
If you want my advice, I suggest you stop comparing yourself to others. I used to do that and I got nowhere, I was unhappy. When I realized that God created everybody to be different, I was happy and healthy. Like when I became vegan, my skeleton began to show and I got a lot of comments. I didn't care, I knew I was healthy and I eat 3,000-4,000 calories a day. I'm not fat and I am not skinny. I am just me. I suggest you make your own decisions because God will love you no matter what.

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Totally right. God knew what he was doing while creating you. Do you really think he missed his job with you?
Stop looking for something that doesn't exist, a "you" that follows your biggest dreams. You're an human being, not a living dream! Just tell yourself "I am loved, I should be strongly confident" each day and it will slowly give you more self-confidence. And weeell, remember that you are a teenager and a girl. Every teenager I know (especially the girls when it comes to the physical appearance) hate themselves. Don't let this obsession take a too important place in your life. You have to remember what is the most important and let go your insecurity. I support you! In fact I have to do exactly the same thing (even if I have already done a big work concerning my self-confidence)!

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Security is found in our relationship with Christ, and if you're seeking security in something else there is a problem.
Learn to be content in Christ. Read the book of Colossians a few times.

Well that's all good in theory but I mean it's pretty normal for teen girls to feel insecure about themselves now & then. I thought this section was just for teen girls but you're 23?

Upvote 0