Am I the only male that knows how to ballroom dance?!?

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For starters I am a VERY shy guy. But when I was growing up, my aunt taught me various dances like tango, foxtrot...etc. But the one she taught me really well on was Ballroom dancing. As I became a teenaged (I was homeschooled) at dances my mom would always tell the girls I Ballroom Danced. And they would always flock over to me, especially the ones that really liked me.

Now at the time I didn't 100% realize Ballroom dancing seemed to be something all girls loved if I man could do it. Now I look back and laugh because I was so shy I could never dance with them. Which sadly broke one girls heart (thats another topic).

So is it just common for most men to not learn Ballroom dancing? Especially when younger? I've not really met to many men that know how to do any romanti csort of dace besides maybe slow dancing. If anyone is interested I am 30 now, so I learned at a time when most kids were learning how to dance to Techno, Boy Bands and Britney Spears. On a side note...I miss you tehcno! lol ^_^

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Your not the only one who knows how to Ballroom Dance.
I never had an interest when i was young and never thought there would ever be a reason for me to learn.
Then I met my late wife. She was a part time instructor at one of the local dance studios and while we were dating manage to convince me to learn a little. That little turned into a lot. Within months I was enjoying it and, with her permission, dancing with some of the other ladies at the studio.
Since she has passed away I still try to go out at least once a monthand do some dancing.
Not only is it a fun way to exercise, it helps to keep her memory alive in my heart.
Also, in case you have not guessed, it is an excellent way to meet women.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
xfreakazoidx,

I don't know any guy who dances for the love of dance, other than just to dance with their partners.
I think ballroom dancing is beautiful. The way both the man and the woman move delicately. They way they look at each other and are tender with each other, is like watching two people in love.

I was a bit hooked on the show Dancing with the stars, just because I wished I dance like all of them.

Do you do it professionally?

-Jen

Upvote 0

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
For starters I am a VERY shy guy. But when I was growing up, my aunt taught me various dances like tango, foxtrot...etc. But the one she taught me really well on was Ballroom dancing. As I became a teenaged (I was homeschooled) at dances my mom would always tell the girls I Ballroom Danced. And they would always flock over to me, especially the ones that really liked me.

Now at the time I didn't 100% realize Ballroom dancing seemed to be something all girls loved if I man could do it. Now I look back and laugh because I was so shy I could never dance with them. Which sadly broke one girls heart (thats another topic).

So is it just common for most men to not learn Ballroom dancing? Especially when younger? I've not really met to many men that know how to do any romanti csort of dace besides maybe slow dancing. If anyone is interested I am 30 now, so I learned at a time when most kids were learning how to dance to Techno, Boy Bands and Britney Spears. On a side note...I miss you tehcno! lol ^_^

Ive seen it on tv.. It looks fun. Love the costumes they wear to ballroom They r beautiful. Hi and plezd to meet u alll :)
Xfreakazoidx Ha ha ha love ur user name has a cool ring to it :) :-D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

artqween

together we are strong :)
Feb 3, 2013
ummmmm
✟2,846.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Democrats
Well I've been dancing Argentine Tango EXACTLY 4 years today and I started learning ballroom 7 week's ago. Dancing has played a very positive part in changing my life for the better physically mentally and socially so generally I'd tend to recommend it.

Thumbs up...

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I took 2 classes in ballroom dance in college, passed both, enjoyed both, but I just don't "get" the physical movements, much less remember them.

Same with martial arts classes; the real moves I could do (punches, kicks, etc.) The ceremonial dance routines - never could remember what move came next.

I would love to be fluid and graceful, but...maybe in the afterlife!

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For starters I am a VERY shy guy ...

So is it just common for most men to not learn Ballroom dancing? Especially when younger? I've not really met to many men that know how to do any romanti csort of dace besides maybe slow dancing ...

Ballroom dancing is extremely popular among Hispanics (of which I am one though I never learned to dance). With the ever growing Hispanic population in the USA this type of dancing will continue to increase.

One of my childhood heroes was a great ballroom dancer and he should serve as inspiration to many:

images

Yes, it's Curly!

Upvote 0