Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The last couple of years has been the journey to find purpose and meaning in life, and more importantly, my identity. Yes, I may have been sick of being a Christian. More accurately, I was sick of playing a part I thought I needed to play when there was no play to begin with. I am tired of going through the motions in life. Instead, I’m allowing myself to be human and not feel like the scum of the earth no matter how bad of a day I am having.

My “religious beliefs” have evolved over the past few years. I’m the most liberal I’ve ever been. I still believe in Jesus and that He is the only way to the Father. However, I believe there are many ways to Jesus. I’m ditching the fear that I’m somehow a “bad” Christian (or worse, a heretic) for having some of the beliefs that I have. Many times, I feel like I should be afraid because I (currently) have an incorrect belief about a specific topic. I have started to doubt and question some things that I have been so indoctrinated to believe since I grew up in the church. It is a scary feeling to have a crisis of faith. For some reason, something deep down inside my soul just needs to be OKAY. Sometimes, I feel that God is saying that he loves me no matter what I believe. This doesn’t mean saying I am not a Christian. This means that I am a person who is saved by Jesus’ work on the cross and that is what saves me, not my current set of beliefs and/or doubts. I am just so tired of being boxed in my Christian dogma. I think the church limits God and possibilities so much. I feel that my mind is so deep and so far beyond what is taught at the church—like light years ahead— that it bores me to tears. I’m not saying this to be rude or to look down on others that aren’t where I am.

Some people may even question my salvation over the thoughts, ideas, and assumptions I have about God, his character, and the afterlife. I must NO longer allow myself to be condemned or criticized for the set of doctrines I now subscribe to. What I believe is based on the limited experience and knowledge I have at 34 years old. I’m so much more open-minded about things and I feel more alive for it. My worldview is not static (except for the belief in God himself). If I come across knowledge that challenges my current set of beliefs, I will analyze it and make an informed decision instead of just blindly believing what I am told. Having the right set of beliefs, doctrines, dogma and attending the right denomination do not “save” you.

Things I believe 100%:

There is a God— the source, the light, —He is a person and is love.
The SOURCE/LIGHT came to earth in a human body as Jesus/Yeshua. He lived the life Adam should have lived. He showed love throughout all pain, rejection, shame to show it is superior to everything else. He died for our sins (save us from ourselves) and rose again to give us hope of eternal life after death. This is the gospel.
We are to live like Jesus to the best of our ability. We are to love God with all of our hearts, minds, soul, and strength and our neighbors as ourselves.
Things I am 90% sure of:

The Bible we have today–in large part, or in whole, is the scripture. There may be errors in it (which don’t change the overall message). There may be books missing. There may be books that could still be written. I am NOT convinced that there can be no new scripture (many Christians may call this heresy but I don’t care).
There is no place of eternal torment for humans. There is no mention in the old testament of this an “eternal” hell. I believe the biggest lie of Satan himself is that humans could ever go to a place like this. The new testament’s references of hell are taken out of context or even translated incorrectly.
People who have never heard of Jesus can still be “saved”. Meaning, He did the work on the cross. The bible alludes to those who live according to their conscience and knowledge that there is a God are judged by what they actually know. Many NDEs indicate that people (some even atheists) can cry out to Jesus after clinical death and he “saves” them. This could mean there is one more chance before the actual “judgment”. (Just a theory)
Things I am 75% sure of:

Before we are born, we already exist as a spirit. We choose to come to earth so that we can test our faith and learn lessons. I believe our brains limit our ability to perceive everything in the spiritual realm so that it does not distract us from the goals God has for us on Earth. Eben Alexander speaks to this in his NDE.
Things I am willing to be open-minded about:

In addition to being a spirit before we were born, I believe it may be possible that we have been here before and reincarnate as many times as we need to achieve whatever spiritual goals we may have (or that God has for us). The Bible alludes to this regarding Elijah “returning” as John the Baptist.
In the end, everyone is “saved”. No soul is lost. We may go through “hells” to learn from mistakes, but every discipline has a restorative value to it.
This list of beliefs will be added to and amended many times throughout my lifetime(s).

What started all this was to question my belief in a God that would torment souls for all eternity just for not getting it right in a limited timespan on Earth with a limited brain (sometimes affected by mental/emotional/physical disorders). To God and how infinitely smart he is compared to us— our brains are less than a goldfish. And we could be trusted to make all the right decisions to NOT end up in a place of eternal torment? “I just can’t believe—in your hell anymore!” -Bride, “Best I expect to do” It just makes no logical sense and speaks horribly to the character of God. Christians today speak of how merciful and graceful God is at never giving up on us. But somehow when we die, we deserve the worse punishment possible if we were not convinced to worship Him or else? Sorry, not my religion.

Over the past few years, I have been intrigued by near-death experiences. Reading people’s stories have given me hope, peace, and serenity when I have been in some very low pits of depression and anxiety. Some of the things people saw contradicted what I have been taught in the church. Sometimes even at heretical levels. Concepts such as everyone eventually is saved (I want to believe this but it doesn’t seem to be supported in the bible), there is no Satan (I still think there is one and/or demons), reincarnation (I MIGHT be willing to believe a VERSION of that), we are all a part of God (this is actually biblical if you think of it), we have spiritual guides (angels anyone?), all religions lead to God (if those who haven’t heard of Jesus are judged by their conscious, I guess a version of this COULD be true)… etc. So many ideas and concepts that I have learned have totally rocked my world. OF COURSE, I think to myself, “What if they are lying? What is Satan is lying to them and deceiving them to deceive us?” So —BELIEVE ME, YOU— I take some of this stuff with a grain of salt. Some of it makes total sense, some of it confuses me, some of it I know is a wrong interpretation of what was seen. However, what it HAS done is made me SO MUCH MORE open-minded as a person. I no longer feel “tied-down” to the confines and limitations of “mere-Christian” religious ideas and concepts. Because what if the LIE is that we HAVE to be so closed-minded? What if SATAN wants us to be boxed-in in our faith? Look at how many denominations there are? Clearly, none of them have it all right! Not to mention—how many RELIGIONS there are. I just don’t think God is going to forsake a majority of earth’s population JUST BECAUSE they were born into the wrong religion. Again, I still believe Jesus had to come and die for everyone regardless of what they believe. I don’t know if everyone will make it…but I know more people will be in heaven than most Christians think there will be!

When you start seeing that life is more than just a place where you HOPE that you get saved so you can have eternal life—- and believe that we are here for spiritual development (regardless of whether you believe in reincarnation or not)—LIFE starts to make a whole lot more sense! We are here to make mistakes, learn spiritual lessons, understand love…etc. A lightbulb goes off. It’s like we are in a training grounds.

My question to you is this: Am I still “Christian” enough for you? Are you still my brother or sister?

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The last couple of years has been the journey to find purpose and meaning in life, and more importantly, my identity. Yes, I may have been sick of being a Christian. More accurately, I was sick of playing a part I thought I needed to play when there was no play to begin with. I am tired of going through the motions in life. Instead, I’m allowing myself to be human and not feel like the scum of the earth no matter how bad of a day I am having.

My “religious beliefs” have evolved over the past few years. I’m the most liberal I’ve ever been. I still believe in Jesus and that He is the only way to the Father. However, I believe there are many ways to Jesus. I’m ditching the fear that I’m somehow a “bad” Christian (or worse, a heretic) for having some of the beliefs that I have. Many times, I feel like I should be afraid because I (currently) have an incorrect belief about a specific topic. I have started to doubt and question some things that I have been so indoctrinated to believe since I grew up in the church. It is a scary feeling to have a crisis of faith. For some reason, something deep down inside my soul just needs to be OKAY. Sometimes, I feel that God is saying that he loves me no matter what I believe. This doesn’t mean saying I am not a Christian. This means that I am a person who is saved by Jesus’ work on the cross and that is what saves me, not my current set of beliefs and/or doubts. I am just so tired of being boxed in my Christian dogma. I think the church limits God and possibilities so much. I feel that my mind is so deep and so far beyond what is taught at the church—like light years ahead— that it bores me to tears. I’m not saying this to be rude or to look down on others that aren’t where I am.

Some people may even question my salvation over the thoughts, ideas, and assumptions I have about God, his character, and the afterlife. I must NO longer allow myself to be condemned or criticized for the set of doctrines I now subscribe to. What I believe is based on the limited experience and knowledge I have at 34 years old. I’m so much more open-minded about things and I feel more alive for it. My worldview is not static (except for the belief in God himself). If I come across knowledge that challenges my current set of beliefs, I will analyze it and make an informed decision instead of just blindly believing what I am told. Having the right set of beliefs, doctrines, dogma and attending the right denomination do not “save” you.

Things I believe 100%:

The SOURCE/LIGHT came to earth in a human body as Jesus/Yeshua. He lived the life Adam should have lived. He showed love throughout all pain, rejection, shame to show it is superior to everything else. He died for our sins (save us from ourselves) and rose again to give us hope of eternal life after death. This is the gospel.
We are to live like Jesus to the best of our ability. We are to love God with all of our hearts, minds, soul, and strength and our neighbors as ourselves.
Things I am 90% sure of:

The Bible we have today–in large part, or in whole, is the scripture. There may be errors in it (which don’t change the overall message). There may be books missing. There may be books that could still be written. I am NOT convinced that there can be no new scripture (many Christians may call this heresy but I don’t care).
There is no place of eternal torment for humans. There is no mention in the old testament of this an “eternal” hell. I believe the biggest lie of Satan himself is that humans could ever go to a place like this. The new testament’s references of hell are taken out of context or even translated incorrectly.
People who have never heard of Jesus can still be “saved”. Meaning, He did the work on the cross. The bible alludes to those who live according to their conscience and knowledge that there is a God are judged by what they actually know. Many NDEs indicate that people (some even atheists) can cry out to Jesus after clinical death and he “saves” them. This could mean there is one more chance before the actual “judgment”. (Just a theory)
Things I am 75% sure of:

Before we are born, we already exist as a spirit. We choose to come to earth so that we can test our faith and learn lessons. I believe our brains limit our ability to perceive everything in the spiritual realm so that it does not distract us from the goals God has for us on Earth. Eben Alexander speaks to this in his NDE.

In addition to being a spirit before we were born, I believe it may be possible that we have been here before and reincarnate as many times as we need to achieve whatever spiritual goals we may have (or that God has for us). The Bible alludes to this regarding Elijah “returning” as John the Baptist.
In the end, everyone is “saved”. No soul is lost. We may go through “hells” to learn from mistakes, but every discipline has a restorative value to it.
This list of beliefs will be added to and amended many times throughout my lifetime(s).

What started all this was to question my belief in a God that would torment souls for all eternity just for not getting it right in a limited timespan on Earth with a limited brain (sometimes affected by mental/emotional/physical disorders). To God and how infinitely smart he is compared to us— our brains are less than a goldfish. And we could be trusted to make all the right decisions to NOT end up in a place of eternal torment? “I just can’t believe—in your hell anymore!” -Bride, “Best I expect to do” It just makes no logical sense and speaks horribly to the character of God. Christians today speak of how merciful and graceful God is at never giving up on us. But somehow when we die, we deserve the worse punishment possible if we were not convinced to worship Him or else? Sorry, not my religion.

Over the past few years, I have been intrigued by near-death experiences. Reading people’s stories have given me hope, peace, and serenity when I have been in some very low pits of depression and anxiety. Some of the things people saw contradicted what I have been taught in the church. Sometimes even at heretical levels. Concepts such as everyone eventually is saved (I want to believe this but it doesn’t seem to be supported in the bible), there is no Satan (I still think there is one and/or demons), reincarnation (I MIGHT be willing to believe a VERSION of that), we are all a part of God (this is actually biblical if you think of it), we have spiritual guides (angels anyone?), all religions lead to God (if those who haven’t heard of Jesus are judged by their conscious, I guess a version of this COULD be true)… etc. So many ideas and concepts that I have learned have totally rocked my world. OF COURSE, I think to myself, “What if they are lying? What is Satan is lying to them and deceiving them to deceive us?” So —BELIEVE ME, YOU— I take some of this stuff with a grain of salt. Some of it makes total sense, some of it confuses me, some of it I know is a wrong interpretation of what was seen. However, what it HAS done is made me SO MUCH MORE open-minded as a person. I no longer feel “tied-down” to the confines and limitations of “mere-Christian” religious ideas and concepts. Because what if the LIE is that we HAVE to be so closed-minded? What if SATAN wants us to be boxed-in in our faith? Look at how many denominations there are? Clearly, none of them have it all right! Not to mention—how many RELIGIONS there are. I just don’t think God is going to forsake a majority of earth’s population JUST BECAUSE they were born into the wrong religion. Again, I still believe Jesus had to come and die for everyone regardless of what they believe. I don’t know if everyone will make it…but I know more people will be in heaven than most Christians think there will be!

When you start seeing that life is more than just a place where you HOPE that you get saved so you can have eternal life—- and believe that we are here for spiritual development (regardless of whether you believe in reincarnation or not)—LIFE starts to make a whole lot more sense! We are here to make mistakes, learn spiritual lessons, understand love…etc. A lightbulb goes off. It’s like we are in a training grounds.

My question to you is this: Am I still “Christian” enough for you? Are you still my brother or sister?
That's for the Lord to judge my friend. But as far as I'm concerned, since you still confess that Jesus is the Christ crucified for our sins, you're a Christian and my brother. Peace in Christ:).

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Things I believe 100%:

Things I am 90% sure of:

Things I am 75% sure of:

Proverbs 3:5-6 Just rest and let God reveal?

You are still my brother/sister. You have got tangled up by the world and yr own intellect. You probably never were a bad Christian. A forgiven one who never understood that you were forgiven and God sees Jesus' righteousness on you.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I began the same journey you have....around your same age. Grew up in the church and was very religious. Then I discovered that I was playing the role of the Pharisee and not the Disciple......Things began to change as I become more willing to give up what I thought I knew, to be taught again by the spirit.

I wouldnt be concerned about what people call you. God is only concerned about who You say I am.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't understand the replies being ok with it. I mean you said many things that are not biblical at all. Like we are reincarnated multiple times until we learn some lesson. We are spirits before we are born...etc.

As to are you still christian enough.... due to the rules I cannot give my answer. But that in its self-tells you what said answer would be. I remind people that the bible does say "Many" (who are "christian") will stand before Him and He will say "Go away, I do not know you!".

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for sharing! I agree to just rest---be still and KNOW that GOD IS!

I agree on most counts you listed. In my reading I think what I saw was a blend of religion and Christianity, some confusion perhaps.

The MAIN thing is the Gospel, and you have that clearly. :) Jesus, God the Son of God came sinless, died and resurrected so He can be our Redeemer once we are convicted by the Holy Spirit and accept His Gift of salvation. THAT'S what makes a believer.

A Christian is someone who continues to express that belief, follows Christ in telling others of His Love, the Gospel. Someone who does his best (not always his all-time best) in each situation.

Our beliefs beyond the Gospel can change according to how the Holy Spirit enlightens us. My beliefs come from that and from studying various commentaries and of course, comparing Scripture with Scripture. (For instance, if I find ANY verse that contradicts in it's true "language" form --contradicts-- then whatever that teaching is I won't believe to be true.) I believe the Bible is God's Word and is a living document...that while not changing at all, it applies itself to present day living. :)

I have to think about the idea of no hell. Surely there are references in the OT but I won't debate that with you now/here as I think you really just need to rest in God. But one thing I would have you think about...IF there is no hell, why did Jesus come to save us, and from just what is He saving us?

God loves you...and me...and all believers no matter what. He loves all non-believers to the extent of their souls but must fairly exact judgment on that day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm your sis! One of the things I tend to rock the boat with Christians is that I don't believe God is solely male. No way. I can see why God would want to identify as male back in the ancient days, and yes, of course, Yeshua was male, but the Holy Ghost seems like the more accurate bigness that is God. Plus, Hebrew doesn't have any gender neutrality so there are times when feminine endings with Elohim (which is male).
I digress, but for me most of what you're questioning I have too. I choose not to believe in reincarnation, but I wouldn't be surprised if God was like "well guess how many lives your soul had!Ï am definitely not someone who follows blindly either. I think you have a very King Solomon like mind. It's wiser to keep seeking knowledge than to blindly follow.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Things I believe 100%:

Things I am 90% sure of:

Things I am 75% sure of:

Wow, thanks for sharing all that and inviting the discussion.

No, I hereby banish you from all things Christian! :) Just kidding, there are some pretty unchristian things in your post but I don't get to decide who is and who is not a believer. The core question is do you believe Jesus came in accordance with the Scriptures and died for your sins, being raised for your justification? The prexistance of souls and the reality of hell are some pretty important doctrinal issues but your not being dogmatic about it, just honestly sharing.

You strike me as a seeker, not sure what it all means but willing to learn more. Let's try the low hanging fruit for now, take a look at John 3 and tell me what you think of it. We can go from there.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't understand the replies being ok with it. I mean you said many things that are not biblical at all. Like we are reincarnated multiple times until we learn some lesson. We are spirits before we are born...etc.

As to are you still christian enough.... due to the rules I cannot give my answer. But that in its self-tells you what said answer would be. I remind people that the bible does say "Many" (who are "christian") will stand before Him and He will say "Go away, I do not know you!".
It would be wise to also consider that you yourself could hear these words when you stand before Him.

Remember, to the religious, Jesus was a blasphemer, as well, because he said a lot of things "that are not biblical at all." Of course you can say now that they were, and they just didnt know or understand or want to understand etc.... But how are we different?

To be deceived, you have to first know that you have found the truth. Did you find it yet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew 24 10

Feb 28, 2018
Warsaw
✟9,130.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Things I believe 100%:

Things I am 90% sure of:

Things I am 75% sure of:

If you believe Christ paid in full with his blood price for your sins and God raised him from the dead then you are saved nothing more nothing less .

The rest are just doctrines which you can prove or disprove with Scriptures , like that one about we come to earth to test our faith it's literally blasphemy because Adam was created alredy when earth was formed not before that , he did not come to earth but he was created and then God gave his motion-less body soul .

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LUKE.16: = The Rich Man and Lazarus
19 “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’

27 “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

The rich man, Lazarus and Abraham were Old Testament figures who lived in OT times. The rich man ended up in Hades/hell after he died because he broke the Law of God at DEUT.15:11, ie for not doing charity to the poor every Sabbath year or 7th year.

OT figures only had to faithfully keep the Law, in order to go to heaven when they die, eg beggar Lazarus, Moses and Elijah.(see MATTHEW.17:3 & 27:52) How this happened to them was revealed at 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6.
....... New Testament figures, like you and me, could no longer avail ourselves of this OT dispensation, ie go to heaven(= saved from hell) when we die by just faithfully keeping God's Law, either partially(see ACTS.15:24-29) or as fully as possible(= applicable to Jewish Christians or Messianic Jews). NT figures can only be justified for salvation/heaven by having faith in Jesus Christ.(see GALATIANS.2:16)

Remember, Jesus the Christ/Messiah/Saviour is also called the Word (of God)[JOHN.1:1]. So, salvation may likely hinge on whether one believes in the Word or not = in His Word, was God lying about hell or not.?

1TIMOTHY.3: =
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟325,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are Christian by believing the Gospel itself which you quoted under the part where you said you believe 100%. So you are a Christian. But we are to profess things from the bible accurately as we understand them to be. My suggestion is you look deeper into the existence of Hell because that place of torment is clearly spoken of, and the most by our author and finisher Jesus Christ. You don't want to go around believing in Him then professing things that "you feel" are real when scripture says something else. I don't think anyway, even if you are bored in church and consider yourself above all that.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Luke 15 That is why I am accepting of my brother. Jesus loves him. Yes there are things contrary to the Bible and everything is a bit muddled up. We live in a world which does muddle us up. I mean we can't even agree whether OSAS is correct, and how about Armenian/Calvinism, apostolic gifts, baptism of Holy Spirit. Just how people interpret the Bible can get quite messy. The important thing here is that we don't reject a brother who the good Shepherd would go out and bring back to safety.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remind people that the bible does say "Many" (who are "christian") will stand before Him and He will say "Go away, I do not know you!".

That isn't what the Bible says ...

It says that He will say to many, who, ... at the time of His future coming ... CLAIM to be christians (i.e. followers of His) ... "Go away, for I NEVER KNEW YOU."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Matthew 24 10

Feb 28, 2018
Warsaw
✟9,130.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That isn't what the Bible says ...

It says that He will say to many, who, ... at the time of His future coming ... CLAIM to be christians (i.e. followers of His) ... "Go away, for I NEVER KNEW YOU."

I read child is everlasting Father , my brain process everlasting Father what is hard here ?

You can accept it or deny but it's written here so make choice , don't say that it's not what it says it's clearly what is says .

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember, Jesus the Christ/Messiah/Saviour is also called the Word (of God)[JOHN.1:1]. So, salvation may likely hinge on whether one believes in the Word or not = in His Word, was God lying about hell or not.?

Salvation does not depend upon having 100% correct theology.

It depends on having a relationship with Jesus ...

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals hanging next to Jesus insulted him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!”

40 Responding, the other criminal spoke harshly to him, “Don’t you fear God, seeing that you’ve also been sentenced to die? 41 We are rightly condemned, for we are receiving the appropriate sentence for what we did. But this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

43 Jesus replied, “I assure you that today you will be with me in paradise.”

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

And to others, who thought they never knew him, he says 'welcome'

Matthew 25:37-40

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Upvote 0

PetraFan007

I try as hard as I can.
Nov 9, 2003
Central MA
Visit site
✟21,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm your sis! One of the things I tend to rock the boat with Christians is that I don't believe God is solely male. No way. I can see why God would want to identify as male back in the ancient days, and yes, of course, Yeshua was male, but the Holy Ghost seems like the more accurate bigness that is God. Plus, Hebrew doesn't have any gender neutrality so there are times when feminine endings with Elohim (which is male).
I digress, but for me most of what you're questioning I have too. I choose not to believe in reincarnation, but I wouldn't be surprised if God was like "well guess how many lives your soul had!Ï am definitely not someone who follows blindly either. I think you have a very King Solomon like mind. It's wiser to keep seeking knowledge than to blindly follow.

It's funny you say that. I have felt recently that I had the "spirit" of King Solomon just like John the Baptist had the spirit of Elijah. This is not to boast. In fact, things don't end well for him. I hope that I can finish well...

Upvote 0