Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just signed up for eharmony,I know what your thinking,I must be really desperate and lonely,but the truth is I'm really not,I just wanted to see if I could find someone on there,I knew I was ugly,but dame,am I really that ugly to where no guys like me on there?And I know that I just got started on there,but the one guy that looked at my profile could have at least sent me a message back to me,and replied back to me.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you set up profile information maybe it is that. So, maybe it is a good thing they didn't contact you.

Draw close to Him who is our Father who loves us. You were created the way He created you, and He is perfect. Don't think on your beauty as a measure of self worth. You are a child of the Living God, you have Him inside of you. Rest in Him sister ♡

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you set up profile information maybe it is that. So, maybe it is a good thing they didn't contact you.

Draw close to Him who is our Father who loves us. You were created the way He created you, and He is perfect. Don't think on your beauty as a measure of self worth. You are a child of the Living God, you have Him inside of you. Rest in Him sister ♡
no,I'm ugly and no guy wants to be with me because they think I'm ugly.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How I see it " Seek first the kingdom of God and ALL things will be add unto you " If you are doing that you would never think you were ugly you would see yourself as God sees you beautiful cause God created you and "Saw that it was good " and then people will see your Sunshine that is beaming through you its is very attractive . Merry Christmas .

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You might regret seeking romantic attention if you start getting it on platforms like that, OP. Not speaking from experience here, but I know several people (women and men, but mostly women for some reason) who have used similar dating sites and it hasn't really led to much except for one abusive relationship and a lot of mediocre first dates. You can probably do better than that, no matter what you look like.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

inward feelings of oneself are generated outward. If you keep telling yourself you are ugly you will certainly believe that and you may convince everyone around you of it. Speak and think positive of yourself, God does. Remember the old saying. Beauty is only skin deep.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Whoever the lady is in your profile avatar, is anything but ugly, more like intimidating. All the wrong dudes are turned off by the slightest hint of purity, maybe God will spare you from relationships that are more like Hell on earth rather than Heaven on earth. What I mean is how a relationship can feel emotionally. I think most relationships if not nearly all, are a mix of the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People would never call themselves ugly if this society would not be so obsessed with outer appearance.... Outer beauty is a construct of this evil society to create a division between people.

Isaiah 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

That's the outer description of Jesus and yet He was/is one of the most beautiful man who ever walked down this Earth.There's no one greater than Him, no one, though His outer appearance "had no beauty that we should desire him".

I know that deep down within yourself you don't really believe that you are ugly and you really want to break free from this "standard" of beauty, you want to stop caring about such things because you know the truth is totally different, you are truly beautiful.I don't have to see you to know... Now, one bit of advice, if I may, never seek acceptance from the outside world.. why? Because true happiness needs nothing, you are happy and that is it, but when you make your happiness dependent on the outside things, you may get the opposite thing, sadness.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just signed up for eharmony,I know what your thinking,I must be really desperate and lonely,but the truth is I'm really not,I just wanted to see if I could find someone on there,I knew I was ugly,but dame,am I really that ugly to where no guys like me on there?And I know that I just got started on there,but the one guy that looked at my profile could have at least sent me a message back to me,and replied back to me.
I have always had the impression that Tinder is based on looks, but eharmony provides a non visual matching system. But I have no idea.

No matter. Any system takes some time to get results worth anything.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should post a picture on here. Though to be honest there is no such thing as ugly. I do realize people will still judge and set some sort of imaginary standard but if someone doesn't see you for who you are as a person then they are they ugly ones.

I can also tell you EHarmony is full of shallow christians. Most profiles have a mile long list of what they are looking for. Which is why they never find anyone because a perfect match for such a long list is impossible.

I never got any messages on it at all and while I am not "ugly" (by world standards) I am disabled which meant no one wanted to bother with me on there. Despite the fact I wasn't picky about anything aside from no smoking, no drinking and be a christian.

I'd try smaller sites for christian dating. The one I met my wife on is:
christiandatingforfree (dot) com

There are many christians of various ages, ethnicities, countries...etc. She messaged me in about a month of me creating my profile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should post a picture on here. Though to be honest there is no such thing as ugly. I do realize people will still judge and set some sort of imaginary standard but if someone doesn't see you for who you are as a person then they are they ugly ones.

I can also tell you EHarmony is full of shallow christians. Most profiles have a mile long list of what they are looking for. Which is why they never find anyone because a perfect match for such a long list is impossible.

I never got any messages on it at all and while I am not "ugly" (by world standards) I am disabled which meant no one wanted to bother with me on there. Despite the fact I wasn't picky about anything aside from no smoking, no drinking and be a christian.

I'd try smaller sites for christian dating. The one I met my wife on is:
christiandatingforfree (dot) com
ok thank you for that advice,is that site free?Or do you have to pay for it?

There are many christians of various ages, ethnicities, countries...etc. She messaged me in about a month of me creating my profile.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think that the guys think that I am asking for too much,in my profile,I would start the relationship off slow of course,but I think that is the problem,is my profile.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thread title and OP sounds like depression talking. Believe me, I speak that language fluently. It may be better to move this thread to the Depression forum and continue the discussion there.

You seem absolutely convinced that you're physically unattractive, and that this is the entire reason you're not finding anybody interested in dating you. No part of this is true! But when you're in a deep depression, or when you've perhaps been the target of emotional abuse, nothing anybody says can convince you it isn't true.

Upvote 0