Portland, OR
✟30,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone, during the first weeks of marriage, had one of these? Where you think you are not married for a second?

Here is mine: I was lying on the couch last Friday, and I was 1/2 asleep, and I looked at the clock and it said 10:30 pm. When we were courting, our curfew was 11. So I asked my husband "Aren't you gonna take me home?" and he said "You are home," and I was like "Right."

LOL!

G

gracepaints

LOL Sweet. Actually, I remember the LONG afternoon between our wedding and our wedding night. I kept looking at my husband thinking, "Okay, we're married but...this is SO weird."

Marriage the first few years (and still does) feel little like a neverending slumber party. You get to spend the WHOLE NIGHT and tomorrow night too and the night after that?! That is SO COOL.

Upvote 0

shaslove

On LOA until June 2nd
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
Portland, OR
✟30,453.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember our wedding night. I woke up in the morning and was so pleased that I wasn't confused about where I was - I knew I was at the hotel..

Then I turned over and gasped. There was a man in my bed!
ROFL!!! :D I laughed aloud when I read that!!

gracepaints....that is EXACTLY the way I feel...it is so awesome!

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hehe I had a few of those moments.

When Ben and I were dating, 10pm was my curfew so we usually left my house at around 5pm. After we had been married a few days, we were sitting around the house and Ben was like "you wanna go to Wal*Mart or something..just to get out" I looked at the clock and said "but it's 8pm, I have to be home at 10" ^_^ Bedtime took me awhile to get used to..I've never shared a bed before.

Upvote 0

alwaysyoung

Contributor
Dec 16, 2002
✟21,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had a couple of those moments too...

When we left on our little honeymoon I naturally started to call and ask my parents if I could go...it felt soooo weird not telling them that I was leaving or getting their permission. :)

I also had the surprised feeling in bed the next morning of seeing my new husband in bed next to me!

Fun post! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone, during the first weeks of marriage, had one of these? Where you think you are not married for a second?

Here is mine: I was lying on the couch last Friday, and I was 1/2 asleep, and I looked at the clock and it said 10:30 pm. When we were courting, our curfew was 11. So I asked my husband "Aren't you gonna take me home?" and he said "You are home," and I was like "Right."

LOL!
That's so cute! LOL!

I've had my moments - even many months after my wedding - that I referred to my husband as 'my boyfriend'. I thought in the back of my head - a bit like gracepaints' feelings - "oh, that's so cool, I have a boyfriend now!" I had never had a boyfriend before, see, and I was so proud of him. We got married within a year, so I never really got used to having a boyfriend, LOL. Then my husband had to correct me, "I'm even better than a boyfriend, I'm your husband!"

Oh, and I am still not used to my married name (we've been married for 3 years). I still use my maiden name in most cases, and only when I think about it in advance I use my married name. I sign things with my maiden name - I can't make a signature out of my married name, it looks too weird. Over here it is common to keep your maiden name by the way. I'm pretty conservative for using my married name at least sometimes.

Upvote 0

Maramixi

Happy caffine addict
Jan 17, 2007
✟8,457.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I remember our wedding night. I woke up in the morning and was so pleased that I wasn't confused about where I was - I knew I was at the hotel..

LOL! I can totally relate to that!

We've been married for about two weeks now and it still feels really wierd to be living with a guy other than one of my brothers!

Upvote 0

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟17,678.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

We've been married more than a year and there are still times when I wake up from a deep sleep and it takes a moment for me to realize that the man in bed with me (my husband) is supposed to be there. :doh:

Upvote 0

kanga22

Jul 19, 2004
Michigan
✟16,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Cute stories. :)

My forgetting happened a couple of months after we were married. We ran off and eloped in March so my parents threw us a wedding reception in July. When we went to register for gifts (months after being married) I forgot that I had a new name and gave my maiden name instead. Dh was not amused. That's what happens when you do things slightly out of order, right? :D

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Happily married to MetalDave!!!
Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember after we first married, we'd be making love and the phone would ring, or someone would knock at the front door, and I would jump a mile high and my heart would be racing and thumping while my stomach turned circles... like we were doing something wrong... LOL. :cool: :)

Ain't married life grand?! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
G

gracepaints

I remember after we first married, we'd be making love and the phone would ring, or someone would knock at the front door, and I would jump a mile high and my heart would be racing and thumping while my stomach turned circles... like we were doing something wrong... LOL. :cool: :)

LOL Yeah, I remember once I even stopped to answer the phone - wouldn't want anyone thinking we were UP to something, right?

Um, right, don't stop making love to answer the phone. The person on the other end doesn't want to talk to you that badly.

Reactions: SabrinaFair
Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had to double check to make sure I wasn't actually in the women's forum.

I've had quite a few of those moments, though none as big as the ones mentioned. For us, we lived apart until we got married, so EVERYTHING changed at once. I think the overall change was overwhelming enough that being married seemed like just one part of it :p

Upvote 0

SabrinaFair

Happily married to MetalDave!!!
Aug 9, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep I did that freakout over the phone/knock on the door a few times!!! ^_^

(mind you I HAD lived with him previously, and we'd shared a bed MANY times when visiting his family - so I couldn't understand why NOW I was worried about knocks and phones!!!)

My funniest story has to do with my frequent habit of falling asleep on the couch. Usually I'd do this, and wake up when Brad woke me, so just head straight to my car and go home.

A week after we married I did this, and was halfway out the door and to the car before I realised.

Where was my husband? Sitting on the couch cracking up, wondering how far I'd get before I realised... :doh:

Sasch
ROFLOL!!! What a Hoot!! :cool: :D :p

Upvote 0

Maramixi

Happy caffine addict
Jan 17, 2007
✟8,457.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

LOL!!! Twice during the honeymoon we had people knock on our door and even though we weren't doing anything at the time, that was my reaction!

Reactions: SabrinaFair
Upvote 0