Am I (becoming) Calvinist?

stenerson

Apr 6, 2013
✟14,161.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You're presupposing that the language used in Mathew 24 was never used before concerning God coming in judgement on a nation,or coming in clouds etc.. Jesus was not talking in a vacuum. The language He used was not new.
I could cut and paste a ton of verses but you are probably familiar with them.
But we're of on a rabbit hole of eschatology and I don't want to get too off topic concerning the OP's question. So I'll let you have the last word/cut pasting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
You're presupposing that the language used in Mathew 24 was never used before concerning God coming in judgement on a nation,or coming in clouds etc.. Jesus was not talking in a vacuum. The language He used was not new.
I could cut and paste a ton of verses but you are probably familiar with them.
But we're of on a rabbit hole of eschatology and I don't want to get too of topic concerning the OP's question. So I'll let you have the last word/cut pasting.

Ok, but opinions are worthless, if you don't want to read and study the scripture, I won't be interested to post anything at all, because my opinion is not scripture and there is no point just speaking idle words. These forums are full of people posting their opinions and frankly many post opinions contrary to what scripture actually says. I have read plenty of people's opinions and to me it just feels like a whole nother religion entirely.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Premil (chiliasm) is just another opinion. One that has a long, long history of being condemned by believers, if it wasn't for John Nelson Darby it would still be a minority view. Premil is another religion for it is carnal, fleshy and filled with vain dreams! It was the same view the Pharisees held.

Upvote 0

stenerson

Apr 6, 2013
✟14,161.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ok, but opinions are worthless, if you don't want to read and study the scripture, I won't be interested to post anything at all, because my opinion is not scripture and there is no point just speaking idle words. These forums are full of people posting their opinions and frankly many post opinions contrary to what scripture actually says. I have read plenty of people's opinions and to me it just feels like a whole another religion entirely.

Sorry sdowney, didn't mean to offend. But your post verifies the reason I wanted to avoid a debate on eschatology.
My simple point was regarding the OP thinking that being Reformed means we believe only a few, or only a minority of people will be saved.
I was arguing that some among the reformed believe that once the smoke clears it might be a majority of people saved in human history. Many pre-millers and post-millers believe this. A-mills for the most part believe it will be a remnant or minority from every nation,people till the day Christ comes and brings in New Heavens/New Earth .

Upvote 0