Not open for further replies.

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Seeing as the Republican party is fractured and that there are many calling themselves Republicans who hold to various degrees of conservatism (especially social) but are never the less true card carrying Republicans, this alternate Republican Safehouse is for Republicans who are more socially Conservative than some of their Republican Brethren.

This thread is simply an alternative to the "Ye Old Republican Safe House" which is a pleasant enough safe house but tends to swing to the more liberal side of Republican tenets on social issues.

Think of this not as a new house, but as a duplex where we can smile and wave to our brethren neighbors while also being able to hold more likeminded conversations.

Enjoy!

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nice idea, Nt, but the problem isn't political spectrm, it's personal. Frankly, you're going to have the same problem over here, with the same problem posters in question labeling themselves 'socially conservative' and continue the same trolling over here. Some are less interested in 'fellowship with their fellow Republicans' than they are baiting the true Republicans into argumentative responses. I suspect I'll be proved right before the day is through.

Reactions: KarrieTex
Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm voting Bull Moose party this year?Any John Anderson, Ross Perot or Ron Paul supporters like to join me?

The Republican party has to get back to its roots. Back to when it split and elected Woodrow Wilson who gave us the income tax and got us into World War One (which directly led to the communist take-over of Russia, the rise of Hilter and the Cold War).

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I hope that this thread can maintain a positive attitude and postings.

It would be nice to speak about the socially conservative issues that the Republican party subscribes to without the normal brew ha ha you see in the other threads.

So where can I put the Bible and Ol' Glory?

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, I spent all day packing and I leave for Virginia Beach tonight. Going to do the all-night drive to avoid the I-95 traffic mess. I managed to take out a small loan to be able to afford the tolls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was supposed to be making the drive to NJ again today, but am staying home 'till tomorrow. My wife was taken to the hospital by ambulence last night. She's doing ok, they aren't sure what happened but every test is clear an she's home sleeping and says she's feeling well. I'll leave for NJ later this week as long as she's still OK.

Keep her in your prayers if you will.

Now where are the cheez-its???

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tolls? How bad are the tolls for you up there?
Not as bad as the trolls. Seriously, from NH to DC used to be about $25 10 years ago. It's over 30 now, I suspect.

Sorry to hear, NeTrips. If you need specific prayer, let me know.

Upvote 0

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tolls? How bad are the tolls for you up there?
Alright, I honestly just spit coffee all over the laptop. I mis-read your post. Put an r after the T...:p

it was a sequence kind of thing. my bad. ..... hey, tipping a laptop over and draining the coffee out works! Those holes are functional!!!

I'll let you know if it fries or somethign, but thanks for the laugh KT!!

BTW George Washington Bridge is $6 to cross on I95 North.

tunnels are $3-4 in boston now

But fortuneately I get reimbursed tolls and $.505/mile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.