tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's okay. I'll only punish you with decaf for the day.
I'm pretty sure that would fall under the whole "cruel and unusual" punishment clause...:swoon:
tulc(wonders if just trying to not do that in the future would be ok instead?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that right wing populism is a current trend in western society. In Germany, there is a far-right party called "Alternative for Germany," which recently gained seats in parliament for the first time. They have multiple political parties in that country that are represented in government. I think immigration has been a big cause of the rise of right wing populism in Germany. In the US, I think it's probably similar and just general economic problems of low wages and joblessness. One of the best ways to keep people from becoming right-wing extremists is to make sure they have basic things -- job, healthcare, decent housing, sense of community, etc.. The Germans are actually better at healthcare and housing than we Americans, but I think they are worse at jobs and sense of community. Having a large incoming immigrant population all at once causes social instability because some people freak out, and the ones who already weren't doing well, feel threatened when all the new people show up. I like people from all over the world, but I don't like the idea of an immigrant population taking over whole industries, which does happen in some places. I think slow, more measured immigration is better because people have time to adjust. In Europe, it seems to me that it would have be wiser to have sent the bulk of Muslim refugees from Syria to other Muslim countries. The Germans have already proved (in the last 100 years) that they are collectively racist people, and they will kill large numbers of people if they feel threatened. That's why they've now again elected right wingers to their parliament. The same is really true in the US, only it's more like Donald Trump and his "build that wall" slogan and campaign. Some people who are not very politically astute act surprised when a population acts a certain way, but I would argue that if you put a group under certain circumstances, they are probably going to be nice to a point, and then they are going to make tough decisions to defend what they see as their economic position or livelihood.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would you feel about candidates running that espoused belief in or were sympathetic to La Raza or the New Black Panthers or Satanism or Maxine Waters?
...I'd wonder why, when it's so easy to start a thread where any or all of those things could be discussed, you'd bring them up in a thread not about them instead? :scratch:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

Upvote 0

Polar Bear Quest

Apr 26, 2017
Washington
✟15,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some of those are not white supremicist based on some things they have said. Saying that 'diversity is not our strength' is not white supremist. Neither is saying we shouldn't apolgoize for slavery. Why? Because nobody alive today has anything to apologize for. Slavery is something that happened long time ago. Diversity is not our strength because it engenders too many groups with divergent agendas, and therefore, nothing gets done. That statement doesn't say that we should export brown or black people, it just recognizes that it's hard to come together and get things done for the common good.

I'm not defending any of these people, and I won't condemn someone for having a Confederate flag, either. If they demonstrate racism, or white supremacy, then they stand condemned. I also don't hold it against someone if they get endorsed by David Duke. I'd give the candidate a chance to speak about it, but even silence doesn't indicate acceptance. Personally, I don't care if someone endorses a candidate. I look at the issues. I remember how hateful segregation was, and I abhor racism. But I'm careful about tossing epithets at people based on association, or innuendo.
Does not God call both Jews and Gentiles to come to him?

Galatians 3:28

Diversity is built into the bible. If you're saying diversity is not "our strong suit", you're saying Christ who is within you is not strong enough to bring us all together with no division amongst us.

If you're saying it's extremely difficult to come together for the common good that means the "common good" cannot be attained for a diverse group of people, thus, only one group can have whatever is considered "good" for them, while others get little to nothing. So if someone says that "diversity isn't our strength" that's just a coded message for "we're only worried about what benefits X group of people."

Next, who are all these people making someone apologize for slavery? I always hear these types saying "we don't have to apologize for slavery" when no one even tried to make them apologize for it. What it seems to me that they're really saying is "we don't have to acknowledge slavery happened."

Upvote 0

Polar Bear Quest

Apr 26, 2017
Washington
✟15,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

I think it worth pointing out that 'white supremacy' is the ideological thinking that the white race of people are superior to the other races. If someone promotes that, then yes, I'd agree that they don't quite have their heads screwed on right. Given the same opportunities and upbringing most all people of all races can get to the same place in life. There are a lot of dumb white people.

Someone wrote about diversity not being a good thing. Diversity is fine if all we're talking about is skin color or nationality. A black person can have the same motivations and aspirations as a white person. A Mexican can have the same motivations and aspirations as an Irishman. If, on the other hand, we're talking about diversity in ideology, then yes, it can present a stumbling block for society at large. The concept of Sharia law and those who idealize it, are not going to be able to get along well with those who promote Christian law. They are just two totally different ideas regarding how people should live. Skin color or race is not a guarantee of such problematic diversity. There are, for example, many middle easterners who are christians. They claim to have trusted Jesus just as many Americans have. These people, since the difference is only in race or nationality, should be able to get along pretty fine. There are many black people who strive for the same daily bread here in America that white people are striving for. They believe equally in the rule of law and are both generally looking for the same things in their expectations of the right to live peaceably with one another.

So diversity, in and of itself, isn't necessarily a bad thing. Here in the United States you'd be hard pressed to put 100 people together that didn't have some diversity.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Here's the problem we run into here. Very few people these days are going to come out say just say they're a white supremacist. Instead they say things like "diversity is a bad thing."

I'm interested to know if you actually think these guys are talking about a diversity of ideas? Wouldn't they just say "a diversity of ideas isn't our strength." It's obvious a diversity of ideas is a no go, and it has been for both parties for some time. It's plainly clear that these individuals are talking about diversity in the races.

Even the liberals disagree with Sharia law as women are subjugated under it so neither political party supports it so I'm not sure how this "diversity of ideas" fits here at all.

Lastly, I'd say diversity (people) isn't a bad thing at all. It's 100% great.

Upvote 0

Polar Bear Quest

Apr 26, 2017
Washington
✟15,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How would you feel about candidates running that espoused belief in or were sympathetic to La Raza or the New Black Panthers or Satanism or Maxine Waters?
What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Upvote 0

Polar Bear Quest

Apr 26, 2017
Washington
✟15,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that right wing populism is a current trend in western society. In Germany, there is a far-right party called "Alternative for Germany," which recently gained seats in parliament for the first time. They have multiple political parties in that country that are represented in government. I think immigration has been a big cause of the rise of right wing populism in Germany. In the US, I think it's probably similar and just general economic problems of low wages and joblessness. One of the best ways to keep people from becoming right-wing extremists is to make sure they have basic things -- job, healthcare, decent housing, sense of community, etc.. The Germans are actually better at healthcare and housing than we Americans, but I think they are worse at jobs and sense of community. Having a large incoming immigrant population all at once causes social instability because some people freak out, and the ones who already weren't doing well, feel threatened when all the new people show up. I like people from all over the world, but I don't like the idea of an immigrant population taking over whole industries, which does happen in some places. I think slow, more measured immigration is better because people have time to adjust. In Europe, it seems to me that it would have be wiser to have sent the bulk of Muslim refugees from Syria to other Muslim countries. The Germans have already proved (in the last 100 years) that they are collectively racist people, and they will kill large numbers of people if they feel threatened. That's why they've now again elected right wingers to their parliament. The same is really true in the US, only it's more like Donald Trump and his "build that wall" slogan and campaign. Some people who are not very politically astute act surprised when a population acts a certain way, but I would argue that if you put a group under certain circumstances, they are probably going to be nice to a point, and then they are going to make tough decisions to defend what they see as their economic position or livelihood.
I don't think the name "right-wing populism" is appropriate. The fact is very apparent that the vast majority of these individuals are white. Not only that they are increasingly using violence and becoming more and more radicalized.

I don't agree with black lives matter on many issues but one thing they got right as far as naming goes is the "black"portion. The majority of the group is black. Now just because a group is mostly white or black isn't a bad thing. Where people go wrong is why they collectively gather.

I don't think this new influx of white supremacists are here because of mass immigration or loss of jobs. I think many people are showing their true colors. Racists used to present themselves in a detestable manner, but over the years they've changed their appearance to something more palatable to the masses and are slowly but surely getting more extreme as time goes on.

I'd like to know what these "certain circumstances" that whites in Europe and America are facing that's causing them to elect out right racists like Donald Trump. Whatever, the unemployment rate most minority groups are far worse across the board.

What are these "tough decisions" people are going to make? And why exactly?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...I'd wonder why, when it's so easy to start a thread where any or all of those things could be discussed, you'd bring them up in a thread not about them instead? :scratch:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:
Ahhh, but it's relevant to the discussion don't ya think? I mean if white supremacy views are reasons for excluding a candidate then why not other racists ideologies.
EastCoastRemnant(wondering if tulc has an agenda):scratch:

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not only that they are increasingly using violence and becoming more and more radicalized.

I think you are referring to antifa....

I'd like to know what these "certain circumstances" that whites in Europe and America are facing that's causing them to elect out right racists like Donald Trump. Whatever, the unemployment rate most minority groups are far worse across the board.

Two things.... first, can you provide any evidence (not just rhetoric) that Trump is racist?
Second, how is historic low unemployment rates for minority groups a bad thing. Here's a video of Trump meeting with black leaders about inner city opportunities.... lets see if you can spot Trump the racist.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There's a white genocide going on?
Check your South African news....

Seems to me there's a big push among liberals to eradicate all traces of "white privilege" and anything that is associated with whatever that means.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the problem we run into here. Very few people these days are going to come out say just say they're a white supremacist. Instead they say things like "diversity is a bad thing."

I'm interested to know if you actually think these guys are talking about a diversity of ideas? Wouldn't they just say "a diversity of ideas isn't our strength." It's obvious a diversity of ideas is a no go, and it has been for both parties for some time. It's plainly clear that these individuals are talking about diversity in the races.

Even the liberals disagree with Sharia law as women are subjugated under it so neither political party supports it so I'm not sure how this "diversity of ideas" fits here at all.

Lastly, I'd say diversity (people) isn't a bad thing at all. It's 100% great.

Hi PB,

Oh, I agree that someone isn't likely to just say that they're a 'white supremacist'. I was just pointing out the kind of ideology that should be avoided. As far as diversity, I don't know what's in people's minds all the time, but ideological diversity is generally the kind that keeps people from being able to get along. Maybe it's time to get rid of parties. Just have politicians with no party affiliation who just run for elected offices based solely on the merits of their platform.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh, but it's relevant to the discussion don't ya think? I mean if white supremacy views are reasons for excluding a candidate then why not other racists ideologies.
My agenda would be: discuss what's in the OP. That you'd like to make it about something else would appear to be your agenda. :wave:
tulc(thinks if EastCoastRemnant's agenda is something other then discussing the OP he should start a thread to discuss what his OP would be about) :)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi ECR,

I wouldn't have a problem with that. How about you bring up the racist ideologies that you're referring to and we can discuss them one by one on point? What other racist ideologies do you see exemplified within the elected participants of our government?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a white genocide going on?

I got bitten by a dog while hiking when Obama was president. Surely that is evidence that something shady is going on?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Caucasians are the only "race" who are not allowed to be proud of it.

Actually I think you are right there. I’ve never really thought about it. I don’t feel anything in particular about being white to be honest, but I understand what you are saying.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0