All that Jazz

SloopidyBoop

I love Jesus, family, reading, and working hard.
Feb 27, 2023
✟10,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So my son brought his girlfriend over to meet the family. We had family dinner with her. He didn't tell her that for our family, dinner is a big deal. I set the candles and get soft background music to create a relaxing environment for my wife and daughter. I think she had environment shock. She almost cried right there over her chicken savicci. He told us later that her family can be a little on the drunk side and she goes to church for safety. And she feels like our family is from like a Hallmark movie.

Fast forward a few weeks. She feels a lot safer to show her personality at our house and asks to choose the jazz. And fits right in with the rest of the family. And asks if it's okay to "Drag your son to church?".

We feel pretty good as parents to see the way they treat each other, and I am thankful that they are dating. We share our faith and have board game nights. I thought I wasn't ready for this stage. And I don't know what the future holds. But this, this is a pretty good thing.

This weekend we are making homemade pizzas, and playing forbidden island, and maybe some Mad lib stories. Happy parents.

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Oh darn. I am not feeling prepared to go through such emotional adventure just yet
But good to hear your story is a good one. You and your wife are Raising great kids because you’re great parents!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: SloopidyBoop
Upvote 0

SloopidyBoop

Feb 27, 2023
✟10,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh darn. I am not feeling prepared to go through such emotional adventure just yet. My kid is 14.
But good to hear your story is a good one. You and your wife are Raising great kids because you’re great parents!

:)
Thank you that's very kind! You're right it is a wild new adventure. It just kinda happened. It's like a strange generational hand off. You go from parenting, to being an advisor to the kids. It's hard to explain clearly in my own mind. It is a good adventure though.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kinda skipped that stage myself, but my kids unfortunately were raised in broken homes. And my oldest is 19yrs old. He told me he's been dating a girl on and off a few years
Things have been distant between us since I came back to the LORD as I nor my kids were believer's and my oldest son hasn't spoken to me much since I tried talking to him about the LORD.
He told me simply, 'dad I don't believe in God' it destroyed me as I know it's my fault

Glad to see you've got a wonderful family.
It's refreshing to see others aren't making the mistakes that I made

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem

Reactions: SloopidyBoop
Upvote 0

SloopidyBoop

Feb 27, 2023
✟10,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kinda skipped that stage myself, but my kids unfortunately were raised in broken homes. And my oldest is 19yrs old. He told me he's been dating a girl on and off a few years
Things have been distant between us since I came back to the LORD as I nor my kids were believer's and my oldest son hasn't spoken to me much since I tried talking to him about the LORD.
He told me simply, 'dad I don't believe in God' it destroyed me as I know it's my fault

Glad to see you've got a wonderful family.
It's refreshing to see others aren't making the mistakes that I made

Shalom Aleichem
Benedictus qui venit en nomine domini.

Reminds me of a time I went to sit at a statue in honor of lost children at the cemetery in town. And when I sat down, I asked why so many children are lost or aborted. And I felt that voice in my chest say "I lose no one. I know all of them, and I hold all of them in my hand."

It might be pretty rough but Lord holds you. And He isn't in the habit of saying "Oops". Everything will be okay. And you will be healed, and free.

Lost Witness
Lost Witness
Just want to be a delight to the LORD,
It's all I've been thinking About and it's painful to continue being as I am, wavering, wrecked with doubt and hurt.

Shalom Aleichem
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Thank you that's very kind! You're right it is a wild new adventure. It just kinda happened. It's like a strange generational hand off. You go from parenting, to being an advisor to the kids. It's hard to explain clearly in my own mind. It is a good adventure though.
Ok I’m I’m in in

Upvote 0