Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Statement of Purpose for the American Politics forum has been updated to include the following:

Cuckservative: This term has recently come into more mainstream usage. However, it is considered vulgar by CF. Please do not use this term, or variations thereof, to refer to another member, group of members, politician, political party or ideology.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The Statement of Purpose for the American Politics forum has been updated to include the following:

Cuckservative: This term has recently come into more mainstream usage. However, it is considered vulgar by CF. Please do not use this term, or variations thereof, to refer to another member, group of members, politician, political party or ideology.
Thanks.

Why is the word 'leftist' on this list of inflammatory words, yet is used in this forum on a daily basis? Just curious....

Examples of inflammatory words/phrases (including but not limited to): teahadist, Obamabot, Obamatron, commie, leftist, Demoncrat, Bush basher, feminazi, tree hugger, wing nut, repugnican, facist, racist bigot, Reaganite, hatemonger, etc.
http://www.christianforums.com/threads/american-politics-statement-of-purpose.7779532/

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks.

Why is the word 'leftist' on this list of inflammatory words, yet is used in this forum on a daily basis? Just curious....

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/american-politics-statement-of-purpose.7779532/
Those are phrases that could be flaming if directed towards a member or group of members. So if someone call you a leftist and you don't identify with the term, you could report them. If you do call yourself a leftist, then it's no foul.

The new term is vulgar, in addition to flaming, so that's why it is being completely banned.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I never even heard of the term.
It's been popping up here and there in the forums. It actually originated on White supremecist forums to describe conservatives who are in bed with the Jews and/or Israel. Now it seems to have taken on a broader meaning more akin to RINO.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have never heard of the term, either, but I am wondering can you please either sticky this thread or edit the first statement of purpose? Just to keep this from working its way towards the bottom of the page.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have never heard of the term, either, but I am wondering can you please either sticky this thread or edit the first statement of purpose? Just to keep this from working its way towards the bottom of the page.
I did edit the SOP

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Those are phrases that could be flaming if directed towards a member or group of members. So if someone call you a leftist and you don't identify with the term, you could report them. If you do call yourself a leftist, then it's no foul.

The new term is vulgar, in addition to flaming, so that's why it is being completely banned.

What's an appropriate word to identify leftists? And should "right-winger" be on the list?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can i still say 'bollocks'?

Wasn't that settled in court?

Are you a right-winger? If not, then you might understand why some folks would not like being called leftist.

I agree, that's why I think it should be on the list if "leftist" is. But I'll be honest, I didn't realize it was very similar to "right-winger" 'til you pointed it out to me just now. I guess I won't use it as a name anymore, but what would I use, just "liberal"? (It's tricky because things change over time and most of us conservatives consider ourselves liberals in the classical sense.)

(BTW I apologize for the recent reference to "smelly hippie commies". :p)

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
What's an appropriate word to identify leftists?

"Person who is politically left wing" would do fine, although it's admittedly a bit of a mouthful. Some combination of words that says that a person is politically left of centre without being derogatory or insulting. "Leftist" seems mostly (not quite exclusively) to be used as a pejorative, and I know very few people who would use the word to describe themselves.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Person who is politically left wing" would do fine, although it's admittedly a bit of a mouthful. Some combination of words that says that a person is politically left of centre without being derogatory or insulting. "Leftist" seems mostly (not quite exclusively) to be used as a pejorative, and I know very few people who would use the word to describe themselves.

Yeah, no, I don't cotton to them long-winded euphemisms, not going to say that. But in the interest of being charitable I'll grant you one extra syllable and say "left-winger" from now on, since "right-winger" is permissible.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Yeah, no, I don't cotton to them long-winded euphemisms, not going to say that. But in the interest of being charitable I'll grant you one extra syllable and say "left-winger" from now on, since "right-winger" is permissible.

Sounds good. :)

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
LOL. This is my very 1st time ever seeing that word. It's so crude & so wrong but it made me laugh. It is creative. What about other stuff people say here, like libtard or Hitlery supporters? There's a lot of colourful made-up insults from all sides.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It's been popping up here and there in the forums. It actually originated on White supremecist forums to describe conservatives who are in bed with the Jews and/or Israel. Now it seems to have taken on a broader meaning more akin to RINO.
Is there a word that can be used to describe so called conservatives that are in bed with the Jews and/or Israhel? It seemed as though "neoconservative" addressed the issue but those with Leo Strauss conflate everything. The term was meant to describe a Conservative that is all pro-israel first and pro-America second.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

It is interesting that if your right wing is stronger than your left wing, you will end up flying in circles ---- to the left. Maybe we need to rethink this whole thing.

Reactions: HerbieHeadley
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.