Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have been reading through many posts of many posters and have come to the conclusion that 90% of those that post here regularly believe without a doubt that everything in the Torah and the Prophets has been fulfilled by Jesus on the Cross. I have tried to reason with some (some are unreasonable and can't be reasoned with because they have a tainted view because I am a Jew, and some have even gone so far to say that I blaspheme G-d by following his commandments, as well as listening to Jesus by his command to keep my commandments) but so far that has been unfruitful.

Now a brief study of the gospel of John will show that From our time of knowing that G-d existed (by the words written down my Moses in Genesis) Jesus was also in existence. Of course at that time he had not been born of a human woman, but he was in existence. Now I understand that this is a hard concept to wrap one's mind around, and it takes some doing, but I believe John.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made .

Now it says here that ALL things were made by him, and WITHOUT him Nothing that was made was made. So, that tells me that everything that came into existence did so with him. EVERYTHING.

The word translated from the Greek for 'made' is 'Ginomai'. It's definition is of course to be made but more clearly, 'to begin to be', or to 'come into existence', or to appear at a certain time in history.

This includes the creation of course as John is taking us back there, and it would have to also entail any other creative act.

The Laws of G-d given to Moses on Mt Sinai have to be included here, or we have to throw out the beginning of John.

We also have to throw out what Jesus said "I and the Father are ONE".

So as you can see it stands to reason that Jesus was 100% involved in the creating and giving of the commandments to Israel through Moses.

There are many occasions where G-d is having a communication with man where a visable manifestation is involved. Now G-d is Spirit, but does that mean he can't create a form, a vessel to use for this occasion? If we don't believe that he can do that then we have to not believe these visitations.

Such as

Gen 3:8 Where Adam and Eve hear the sound of G-d walking in the Garden.

or

Gen. 18 Where it specifically says the the L-RD appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre, this was shortly before the destruction of Soddom and G'mmorah.

or

Joshua when he came into the land and meet with the 'angel of the L-RD' who told him to remove his shoes for he was standing on HOLY ground. This was not an average messenger, aka angel. Only G-d himself can proclaim a ground Holy, as he did when he spoke to Moses through the burning bush that was not consummed.

There are many more but that should suffice for now. Many call these theopanies, others call them something else, but they are all identified with G-d in a physical form.

So it is my belief that what John writes in the opening of his eye-witness gospel is the Truth.

When Peter was speaking to all the Jews from around the world on that first Shavuot (pentecost) he said to them:

And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things, which G-d before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer , he hath so fulfilled .
He tells us here that what the risen Messiah had come to fulfill, he had fulfilled. But no where does he say that he fulfilled the whole Torah or even all that the Prophets said, there is more to come. If Peter had said this, there would have been a riot and he probably would have been taken off and stoned. INstead this is what happened.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted , that your sins may be blotted out , when the times of refreshing shall come * from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven * must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Notice the Peter says here, even after the crucifixion, and arising from the grave and the ascension into heaven that this things are still to come? Which means not everything has been fulfilled, including our sins being blotted out! These will be, WHEN the times of refreshing comes, when the L-RD G-d sends Jesus back, who for now is in heaven until the time when the restitution of all things happens.

Has not happened yet.

So now you must ask yourself and examine the Torah and the prophets as a good scholar would and see what has been fulfilled and what has not.

According to Peter who was commissioned directly by Jesus to be the head of his earthly body and to make what is called Halakcha, which means the way to walk or the way to follow the commandments, which is what Jesus was doing a big part of the time on earth. According to this Peter, Shimon, he tells us through he words to the Jews on Pentecost that they needed to repent and turn back to G-d so that their sins would be forgiven when the "times of refreshing come".

For Jesus said:

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see yourgood works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy , but to fulfil . 18 For verily I say unto you, Till * heaven and earth pass , one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till * all be fulfilled .

But we can see from above from what Peter said, that not all was fulfilled yet, not even our sins being blotted out yet. They have been covered, but not blotted out. There is a difference.

An example of something that Jesus did not fulfill of the prophets because it wasn't directly about him and it was not he who could fulfill it, is this, found in Acts 1, again we see Peter who has the understanding of what his friend and Lord was teaching while he traveled with him day and night for three and a half years. That they needed to attend to fulfilling scripture concerning Judas.

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said , (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) 16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled , which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

And we see the Peter realizes that the scripture below needs to be fulfilled regarding this:

For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein * : and his bishoprick let another take .
Then they choose from among all those who have been eye-witnesses to the L-rds ministry and choose two men. Then with the guidance of the Holy Spirit Mattathias is chosen to replace Judas. Now that scripture in the Psalms is fulfilled.

But there are many more, in the prophets and also the Torah that have not.

There are many prophecies in the book of Genesis which haven't been fulfilled and we see by the Prophet Isaiah of when they will be.

I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. Isa 46:10

All has not been fulfilled so the Torah has not been dissolved, demolished, or annulled according to the one who wrote it and said this.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy , but to fulfil . 18 For verily I say unto you, Till * heaven and earth pass , one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till * all be fulfilled .

Destroy = dissolve, demolish, annul.

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was and is eternally sinless. On earth, Jesus completely fulfilled and perfectly kept the Law by his perfect active and passive obedience. He was the completely sinless sacrifice offered for the propitiation of the sins of the whole world.

The number and amount of sins for which Jesus paid the penalty and earned forgiveness for on the cross is exactly equal to the number and amount of sins that have ever and will ever be committed by human beings. The objective justification of all sins happened at the moment the Jesus gave up his spirit. "It is finished."

The righteousness of Christ is imputed to sinners by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone as a free gift of God, completely without reference to any works that we have done or could ever do. We are each subjectively justified through the means of grace - Word and Sacrament.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

What do you do with this one?

Then in revelation he says "I MAKE all things NEW"

Where as Paul said "ALL things ARE BECOME NEW"

So in revelation he speaks present tense and Paul speaks past tense as it pertains to all things.

What is NEW pertains to the new covenant, new creature, new man etc. Though Heb 8:13 says he hath made the FIRST OLD which decayeth and waxeth old and (at that time) expresses it is READY (even then) to VANISH AWAY...

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was and is eternally sinless. On earth, Jesus completely fulfilled and perfectly kept the Law by his perfect active and passive obedience. He was the completely sinless sacrifice offered for the propitiation of the sins of the whole world.

The number and amount of sins for which Jesus paid the penalty and earned forgiveness for on the cross is exactly equal to the number and amount of sins that have ever and will ever be committed by human beings. The objective justification of all sins happened at the moment the Jesus gave up his spirit. "It is finished."

The righteousness of Christ is imputed to sinners by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone as a free gift of God, completely without reference to any works that we have done or could ever do. We are each subjectively justified through the means of grace - Word and Sacrament.
I don't know if it was you or someone else that posted that before, but can you explain what you mean by "passive obedience"?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

What do you do with this one?

Then in revelation he says "I MAKE all things NEW"

Where as Paul said "ALL things ARE BECOME NEW"

So in revelation he speaks present tense and Paul speaks past tense as it pertains to all things.

What is NEW pertains to the new covenant, new creature, new man etc. Though Heb 8:13 says he hath made the FIRST OLD which decayeth and waxeth old and (at that time) expresses it is READY (even then) to VANISH AWAY...

What do I do with it? I anxiously await it's fulfillment. right now I am still living on a fallen earth with fallen mankind in a universe that is deteriorating, I long for that day when everything is perfection once again as it was in the beginning.

Our sense of time is not that of G-ds this is why some things are hard to comprehend and have for Christians down the years.

Something that is ready to vanish away, doesn't translate as it has vanished.

Let's put into context what Jesus said, and when.

Revelation of Jesus: 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a newearth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away ; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from G-d out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying , Behold , the tabernacle of G-d is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and G-d himself shall be with them, and be their G-d. 4 And G-d shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away . 5 And he that sat upon the throne said , Behold , I make all things new.

So that is what I do with Jesus' words, I believe them, that when the first heaven and first earth have passed away and there is no more death, pain, tears, then will all things be made NEW! and I shall rejoice with Him who does so! :clap:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if it was you or someone else that posted that before, but can you explain what you mean by "passive obedience"?

Law (nomos) can mean principle,the whole of the OT,or Mosaic.

Will you at least admit the Mosaic was fulfilled at the cross?

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

Because if he did not,we are all in big trouble.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

"The active obedience of Christ consists in His substitutionary work of freeing us from the demands of the Law and obtaining perfect righteousness for us by perfectly fulfilling, as our Substitute, the entire Law in all its demands, so that His righteousness may be made our own by faith (Mt 5:17; Ro 10:4: Gl 4:4–5). His passive obedience consists in His substitutionary work of freeing us from the penalties provided by the Law for all sinners; He did this by taking our sins on Himself and suffering our punishment in our stead (Is 53; Gl 3:13; Eph 5:2: Cl 1:14; 1 Ptr 2:21–24; 1 Jn 1:7)."

Christian Cyclopedia | The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LuLav--

Here's the thing you're missing in your understanding:

Deut. 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

v2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

v3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, [even] us, who [are] all of us here alive this day.

Who are the fathers? Abraham, Isaac, Jacob. Hence, we may hear of Abraham's faith and justification.

So, even though Christ Jesus existed from the beginning, I, a Gentile, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and others are not part of that covenant made at Sinai.

Hope that helps your understanding.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do I do with it? I anxiously await it's fulfillment. right now I am still living on a fallen earth with fallen mankind in a universe that is deteriorating, I long for that day when everything is perfection once again as it was in the beginning.

I know you do, Im all for it:thumbsup: We look not AT that which is seen but AT that which is unseen.

Our sense of time is not that of G-ds this is why some things are hard to comprehend and have for Christians down the years.

In the Fathers appointed time :thumbsup:

Not in all cases as you mentioned that which needed to be fulfilled in accordance with the new bishop (that was taking Judas place) right?

So that is what I do with Jesus' words, I believe them, that when the first heaven and first earth have passed away and there is no more death, pain, tears, then will all things be made NEW! and I shall rejoice with Him who does so! :clap:

Yes, when theres no more tears, pain and no more death and its swallowed up in life and all things become new as Paul said, wherein dwelleth righteousness

Ever notice there is no NIGHT in the city (Jesus said YE ARE a CITY)

And John says, ye are NOT of the darkness nor of the NIGHT?

I thought that was kool... same with the gates of it are not SHUT BY DAY and John says, Ye are children OF THE DAY?

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

2Cr 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Rev 22:3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"The active obedience of Christ consists in His substitutionary work of freeing us from the demands of the Law and obtaining perfect righteousness for us by perfectly fulfilling, as our Substitute, the entire Law in all its demands, so that His righteousness may be made our own by faith (Mt 5:17; Ro 10:4: Gl 4:4–5). His passive obedience consists in His substitutionary work of freeing us from the penalties provided by the Law for all sinners; He did this by taking our sins on Himself and suffering our punishment in our stead (Is 53; Gl 3:13; Eph 5:2: Cl 1:14; 1 Ptr 2:21–24; 1 Jn 1:7)."

Christian Cyclopedia | The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
Thanks Tangible, I didn't realize that was a Luther doctrine.

I am just wondering though, if they explain somewhere how Jesus perfectly fulfilled all the laws given to Moses that didn't pertain to him, meaning Jesus, as all the law as a whole is not for one man only.

For instance, how did he fulfill the penalty, or the ordinance for touching a dead body?

Or how did he fulfill the ordinances applying to a woman after childbirth?

Or how did he fulfill the tithe of the priests?

How did he fulfill the requirements for the nation on national laws?

There are many more I could go into but I think you can see my point of not understanding how any one person, G-d man or not can fulfill everything written in the law. He even said that the Torah would not be done away with until all is fulfilled, but he didn't say, it would be done away with once HE Fulfilled it. And he didn't say that because he can't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know you do, Im all for it:thumbsup: We look not AT that which is seen but AT that which is unseen.

In the Fathers appointed time :thumbsup:

Not in all cases as you mentioned that which needed to be fulfilled in accordance with the new bishop (that was taking Judas place) right?

Yes, when theres no more tears, pain and no more death and its swallowed up in life and all things become new as Paul said, wherein dwelleth righteousness

Ever notice there is no NIGHT in the city (Jesus said YE ARE a CITY)

And John says, ye are NOT of the darkness nor of the NIGHT?

I thought that was kool... same with the gates of it are not SHUT BY DAY and John says, Ye are children OF THE DAY?

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

2Cr 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Rev 22:3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
Yes, Halleluyah! For he is the Light of the World, He alone is the light to the Gentiles, no more need for a sun, as the only heavenly body we will need is him! :clap:

Yes, the curse that was placed on the earth and mankind will be finally taken away! I can't wait until that day, that glorious day! :bow::pray:

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting to note that I made this thread only 3 hours after the one called "The Law" in this forum and this thread on all being fulfilled hasn't even filled up one page, yet the one titled "The Law" (which people in it keep complaining about one more thread on the law), has filled up four pages on there.

There is significance in there somewhere. :)

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Halleluyah! For he is the Light of the World, He alone is the light to the Gentiles, no more need for a sun, as the only heavenly body we will need is him! :clap:

Yes, the curse that was placed on the earth and mankind will be finally taken away! I can't wait until that day, that glorious day! :bow::pray:

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written,Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Though they say...

John 7:49 But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed.

Christ HATH redeemed us from the curse of the law:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been reading through many posts of many posters and have come to the conclusion that 90% of those that post here regularly believe without a doubt that everything in the Torah and the Prophets has been fulfilled by Jesus on the Cross. I have tried to reason with some (some are unreasonable and can't be reasoned with because they have a tainted view because I am a Jew, and some have even gone so far to say that I blaspheme G-d by following his commandments, as well as listening to Jesus by his command to keep my commandments) but so far that has been unfruitful.
I can't imagine how starting a conversation this way helps, but it does make we want to ask you if you think more of yourself or your own personal understanding of the scriptures, and especially the law, because you are a Messianic?

Now a brief study of the gospel of John will show that From our time of knowing that G-d existed (by the words written down my Moses in Genesis) Jesus was also in existence. Of course at that time he had not been born of a human woman, but he was in existence. Now I understand that this is a hard concept to wrap one's mind around, and it takes some doing, but I believe John.
:thumbsup:

Which is why God could say He (being the God OF THE LIVING and NOT THE DEAD) was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - even before Christ (Who IS OUR LIFE) was ever even born. :bow:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made .
Now it says here that ALL things were made by him, and WITHOUT him Nothing that was made was made. So, that tells me that everything that came into existence did so with him. EVERYTHING.

The word translated from the Greek for 'made' is 'Ginomai'. It's definition is of course to be made but more clearly, 'to begin to be', or to 'come into existence', or to appear at a certain time in history.

This includes the creation of course as John is taking us back there, and it would have to also entail any other creative act.

The Laws of G-d given to Moses on Mt Sinai have to be included here, or we have to throw out the beginning of John.

We also have to throw out what Jesus said "I and the Father are ONE".

So as you can see it stands to reason that Jesus was 100% involved in the creating and giving of the commandments to Israel through Moses.

There are many occasions where G-d is having a communication with man where a visable manifestation is involved. Now G-d is Spirit, but does that mean he can't create a form, a vessel to use for this occasion? If we don't believe that he can do that then we have to not believe these visitations.

Such as

Gen 3:8 Where Adam and Eve hear the sound of G-d walking in the Garden.

or

Gen. 18 Where it specifically says the the L-RD appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre, this was shortly before the destruction of Soddom and G'mmorah.

or

Joshua when he came into the land and meet with the 'angel of the L-RD' who told him to remove his shoes for he was standing on HOLY ground. This was not an average messenger, aka angel. Only G-d himself can proclaim a ground Holy, as he did when he spoke to Moses through the burning bush that was not consummed.

There are many more but that should suffice for now. Many call these theopanies, others call them something else, but they are all identified with G-d in a physical form.

So it is my belief that what John writes in the opening of his eye-witness gospel is the Truth.

When Peter was speaking to all the Jews from around the world on that first Shavuot (pentecost) he said to them:
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things, which G-d before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer , he hath so fulfilled .​
He tells us here that what the risen Messiah had come to fulfill, he had fulfilled. But no where does he say that he fulfilled the whole Torah or even all that the Prophets said, there is more to come. If Peter had said this, there would have been a riot and he probably would have been taken off and stoned. INstead this is what happened.
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted , that your sins may be blotted out , when the times of refreshing shall come * from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven * must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Notice the Peter says here, even after the crucifixion, and arising from the grave and the ascension into heaven that this things are still to come? Which means not everything has been fulfilled, including our sins being blotted out! These will be, WHEN the times of refreshing comes, when the L-RD G-d sends Jesus back, who for now is in heaven until the time when the restitution of all things happens.

Has not happened yet.
That might depend on how you see "the times of refreshing"? Why times (plural) rather than time (singular)? What about the fact that Jesus said: "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you" when speaking about sending the Comforter? And that it is UNTO THEM THAT LOOK FOR HIM that Christ comes THE SECOND TIME? And that it is at HIS (the Comforter/ Holy Spirit / Spirit of Truth/Christ) COMING that the world is judged?

So now you must ask yourself and examine the Torah and the prophets as a good scholar would and see what has been fulfilled and what has not.
True! Even Jesus, when he stood to read the Psalms, did not read the whole passage. Could it be that the time had come for only one portion of the prophesy to be fulfilled?

According to Peter who was commissioned directly by Jesus to be the head of his earthly body and to make what is called Halakcha, which means the way to walk or the way to follow the commandments, which is what Jesus was doing a big part of the time on earth.
This BODY has only ONE HEAD, Lulav. And it is not Peter. Christ is THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH... even THE HEAD OF EVERY MAN.

According to this Peter, Shimon, he tells us through he words to the Jews on Pentecost that they needed to repent and turn back to G-d so that their sins would be forgiven when the "times of refreshing come".
And then the Holy Spirit was poured upon all those who believed, no?

For Jesus said:
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see yourgood works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

:amen:

This was spoken BEFORE Christ was crucified and FULFILLED THE LAW, was it not?

But we can see from above from what Peter said, that not all was fulfilled yet, not even our sins being blotted out yet. They have been covered, but not blotted out. There is a difference.

An example of something that Jesus did not fulfill of the prophets because it wasn't directly about him and it was not he who could fulfill it, is this, found in Acts 1, again we see Peter who has the understanding of what his friend and Lord was teaching while he traveled with him day and night for three and a half years. That they needed to attend to fulfilling scripture concerning Judas.
15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said , (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) 16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled , which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
And it was fulfilled, no?

And we see the Peter realizes that the scripture below needs to be fulfilled regarding this:
For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein * : and his bishoprick let another take .
Then they choose from among all those who have been eye-witnesses to the L-rds ministry and choose two men. Then with the guidance of the Holy Spirit Mattathias is chosen to replace Judas. Now that scripture in the Psalms is fulfilled.
So your point is that not all things were fulfilled "by Jesus on the cross"; that other prophesies still needed to be fulfilled even after the cross.... and even now some remain to be fulfilled?

I would not disagree with that... but how does that show that THE LAW is not "done away in Christ", just the scriptures so state? What does that have to do with other prophesies being fulfilled or when/how they are fulfilled?

But there are many more, in the prophets and also the Torah that have not.

There are many prophecies in the book of Genesis which haven't been fulfilled and we see by the Prophet Isaiah of when they will be.
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. Isa 46:10
So you don't see a difference between "the law" and "prophesies"?

All has not been fulfilled so the Torah has not been dissolved, demolished, or annulled according to the one who wrote it and said this.

Destroy = dissolve, demolish, annul.
The fact that not all PROPHESIES have been fulfilled (every tear has not yet been dried, for example... God is not "all in all" for example) wouldn't negate THE LAW OF MOSES from being fulfilled.... it being A SHADOW of BETTER THINGS TO COME (Christ).

Is Christ not come?

[Can I request, again, that you not put your scriptures in quotes if you want them addressed? Anything in quotes does not carry over when someone replies to your post. You can indent them and get almost the same result as you do when quoting them - just without the "quote" indicator. Obviously you have your own posting style and this is only a request, but it would make it much easier for others to address them. Otherwise they don't stay with the quoted post and you have to go back to get them which you cannot always do if your reply is not on the same page of the thread. Thanks!]

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Let's put into context what Jesus said, and when.

And I saw a new heaven and a newearth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away ; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from G-d out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying , Behold , the tabernacle of G-d is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and G-d himself shall be with them, and be their G-d. 4 And G-d shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away . 5 And he that sat upon the throne said , Behold , I make all things new.

While most take this reference to a new heaven and new earth to be speaking about God's physical creation, I think that there are other possibilities.

Even Peter speaks of the world that once was and the one that now is:
2Pe 3:3-8 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Ever done a study on the thousand years and THE DAY of the Lord which, spiritually is TODAY (as opposed THE NIGHT being "as YESTERDAY" when it is PAST)?

God "divided" THE LIGHT from THE DARKNESS... so is ONE DAY "divided" between THE NIGHT and THE DAY (God having a Covenant with both and both being connected to "a thousand years").

Very cool study, if you are ever looking for something to dig into. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While most take this reference to a new heaven and new earth to be speaking about God's physical creation, I think that there are other possibilities.

Even Peter speaks of the world that once was and the one that now is:
2Pe 3:3-8 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
Ever done a study on the thousand years and THE DAY of the Lord which, spiritually is TODAY (as opposed THE NIGHT being "as YESTERDAY" when it is PAST)?

God "divided" THE LIGHT from THE DARKNESS... so is ONE DAY "divided" between THE NIGHT and THE DAY (God having a Covenant with both and both being connected to "a thousand years").

Very cool study, if you are ever looking for something to dig into. :thumbsup:

We've talked before, it is a good study :thumbsup: Fun dig, I love watching things "called" one thing and exchange names and watch how they are used in everything, so fun!

Gen 1:5 and the darkness he called Night

This is rarely looked at in relation to the thousand years here...

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday WHEN it is PAST, ((( and ))) a watch in the night.

1John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is PAST, and the true light now shineth.

1Thes 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Same as the city = YE ARE a city = "No night THERE"

The glory of God gives it light, and Christ in you is the hope of glory, God did LIGHTEN it (as God commands the light to shine out of the darkness) which speaks of "our hearts" wherein to give us the LIGHT of the knowledge of the GLORY of God in the face of Jesus Christ (The Lamb) who is the light.

I love this stuff :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We've talked before, it is a good study :thumbsup: Fun dig, I love watching things "called" one thing and exchange names and watch how they are used in everything, so fun!

Gen 1:5 and the darkness he called Night

This is rarely looked at in relation to the thousand years here...

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday WHEN it is PAST, ((( and ))) a watch in the night.

1John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is PAST, and the true light now shineth.

1Thes 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Same as the city = YE ARE a city = "No night THERE"

The glory of God gives it light, and Christ in you is the hope of glory, God did LIGHTEN it (as God commands the light to shine out of the darkness) which speaks of "our hearts" wherein to give us the LIGHT of the knowledge of the GLORY of God in the face of Jesus Christ (The Lamb) who is the light.

I love this stuff :thumbsup:

Talk about God concealing a thing and making us search them out, huh? :thumbsup:

Well, you know me.... I could go ON... AND ON... AND ON... AND ON.... about it..... But I will try to restrain myself. ^_^

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Talk about God concealing a thing and making us search them out, huh? :thumbsup:

Well, you know me.... I could go ON... AND ON... AND ON... AND ON.... about it..... But I will try to restrain myself. ^_^

I will hold ya to it :thumbsup: THIS TIME ^_^

Upvote 0

JamesAH

Aug 21, 2008
✟2,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

What's up with the icon change?

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's up with the icon change?
Hmmm......I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. She used to have an MJ scroll....

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.