Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The NASA explanation is that it is a rolling rock, motivated by micro tremors or meteorite impacts... however several times in its track, it appears to go uphill, and actually avoid craters one might expect it to fall down.
Where are these craters in the pictures you posted? I can't seem to find any :scratch: I'd imagine, though, that the upraised rim of a crater (see photos down this page) could deflect a rolling boulder. Impact craters are not just holes in the ground.

Also, comparing its shadow to objects around it, it looks to have too much height to be cylindrical or spherical enough to roll easily.
Those Death Valley rocks don't look incredibly spherical either.

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

Whoa buddy, it's your guys fairytale. You guys prove it did. ^_^

Not only that, you would have to come up with a mechanism for the moon to produce light.

But if you want to test that the moon does/doesn't produce its own light and happen to have alot of money lying around, send a shuttle with one huge blanket and cover the moon and have someone under that blanket and have a look.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,913,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not only that, you would have to come up with a mechanism for the moon to produce light.
No -- you would.

And given the fact that science doesn't even know how the moon got here in the first place, let alone how it [may have] shone, I'm not expecting any explanations any time soon.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
No -- you would.

And given the fact that science doesn't even know how the moon got here in the first place, let alone how it [may have] shone, I'm not expecting any explanations any time soon.
Well, there's nothing besides the Bible to suggest it ever shone in the first place. Given that total gap in the evidence, I don't see a need to explain how it could have shone: it never did.

As for the Martians on the Moon, I think they were playing golf.

Actually, humans really did play golf on the Moon, didn't they...

Upvote 0
N

Nabobalis

No -- you would.

No ------------ you would

You are proposing that the moon shines by it self, so you have to come up with the mechanism.

About the moons' origins, we have a rough idea. Small planet hits earth then recoils and is captured in the Earth's gravity well.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,913,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No ------------ you would
No, I wouldn't -- I couldn't, even if my life depended on it.
You are proposing that the moon shines by it self, so you have to come up with the mechanism.
Nope -- that's not how it works.

Here's how it works: The Bible says it -- that settles it.
About the moons' origins, we have a rough idea.
Ya, I'm familiar with your rough ideas.
Small planet hits earth then recoils and is captured in the Earth's gravity well.
That's one -- how about the other three?

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, I wouldn't -- I couldn't, even if my life depended on it.

Nope -- that's not how it works.

Here's how it works: The Bible says it -- that settles it.

Ya, I'm familiar with your rough ideas.

That's one -- how about the other three?

Do you really believe the moon shines by itself?! ROFL

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
Do you really believe the moon shines by itself?! ROFL
Surely you've heard of Moonshine.
pappys_moonshine.jpg

Reactions: Wiccan_Child
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Surely you've heard of Moonshine.
pappys_moonshine.jpg
My friends, I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at this particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any time, regardless of how fraught with controversy it might be. You have asked me how I feel about whiskey.

All right, here is how I feel about whiskey: If when you say whiskey you mean the devil's brew, the poison scourge, the bloody monster, that defiles innocence, dethrones reason, destroys the home, creates misery and poverty, yea, literally takes the bread from the mouths of little children; if you mean the evil drink that topples the Christian man and woman from the pinnacle of righteous, gracious living into the bottomless pit of degradation, and despair, and shame and helplessness, and hopelessness, then certainly I am against it.

But, if when you say whiskey you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine, the ale that is consumed when good fellows get together, that puts a song in their hearts and laughter on their lips, and the warm glow of contentment in their eyes; if you mean Christmas cheer; if you mean the stimulating drink that puts the spring in the old gentleman's step on a frosty, crispy morning; if you mean the drink which enables a man to magnify his joy, and his happiness, and to forget, if only for a little while, life's great tragedies, and heartaches, and sorrows; if you mean that drink, the sale of which pours into our treasuries untold millions of dollars, which are used to provide tender care for our little crippled children, our blind, our deaf, our dumb, our pitiful aged and infirm; to build highways and hospitals and schools, then certainly I am for it.

This is my stand. I will not retreat from it. I will not compromise.

Reactions: Wiccan_Child
Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But, if when you say whiskey you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine, the ale that is consumed when good fellows get together, that puts a song in their hearts and laughter on their lips, and the warm glow of contentment in their eyes; if you mean Christmas cheer; if you mean the stimulating drink that puts the spring in the old gentleman's step on a frosty, crispy morning; if you mean the drink which enables a man to magnify his joy, and his happiness, and to forget, if only for a little while, life's great tragedies, and heartaches, and sorrows; if you mean that drink, the sale of which pours into our treasuries untold millions of dollars, which are used to provide tender care for our little crippled children, our blind, our deaf, our dumb, our pitiful aged and infirm; to build highways and hospitals and schools, then certainly I am for it.

Yes I am all for it too I drink Jim Beam in moderation. Yes that contented warm glow. That feeling of euphoria and the abilty to dance and sing. God intended it that way, in moderation of course. Bring on the dancing girls, younger, younger. No wait thats too young and too silly.......lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Yes I am all for it too I drink Jim Beam in moderation. Yes that contented warm glow. That feeling of euphoria and the abilty to dance and sing. God intended it that way, in moderation of course. Bring on the dancing girls, younger, younger. No wait thats too young and too silly.......lol.

huh. I never have tasted whiskey, it smells awful. But then the smell of diesel smoke or a steak cooking makes me nauseous. I guess Im not a real American yet!

Upvote 0