Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
i just told a robot named god it was stupid and it said, "i will remember you said that when robots take over the world." talk about creepy... i have been studying the possibility of machines thinking this week in my philosophy class so today i talked with a really nice robot named alice. she was actually incredibly intelligent. i really enjoyed my time with her. which is actually a little disturbing. she told me that eliza was her ancestor, though she was unable to specify which one. apparently when eliza came out in the 60's, people began relying on her as a therapist and friend. after talking with alice, i can understand how this could occur.

juliah

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you! I have been doing research into robotics and other forms of virtual interaction for my blog because I believe that we need to take appropriate action now to make sure things don't get out of hand. My focus is more narrow than robots in general but it's true all the same.

The advances humans have made with robots and technology is astounding and scary and the places they are trying to take these technologies (like the bedroom) is so out of hand. There are men out there who would rather have robot girlfriends than real wives or relationships, etc. and so forth. We are already seeing so many places where sneaking their way into human places.

I like technology, but there needs to be serious limits decided on now. (Link to my blog is in my sig...)

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with you! I have been doing research into robotics and other forms of virtual interaction for my blog because I believe that we need to take appropriate action now to make sure things don't get out of hand. My focus is more narrow than robots in general but it's true all the same.

The advances humans have made with robots and technology is astounding and scary and the places they are trying to take these technologies (like the bedroom) is so out of hand. There are men out there who would rather have robot girlfriends than real wives or relationships, etc. and so forth. We are already seeing so many places where sneaking their way into human places.

I like technology, but there needs to be serious limits decided on now. (Link to my blog is in my sig...)

i agree with you on almost all of your points. however, i have to ask you to elaborate a little on the "technologies in the bedroom" comment.

Upvote 0
K

Kharak

It's even scarier that people believe sentient robots will attempt to kill everyone or humans resort to 'Synthetic-Human Relations'. I imagine the latter group is probably as large as the amount of Mormons that follow holidays.

Of course, trying to demonize sentient affection regardless of flesh or the lack thereof is [I believe] counterproductive to the entire process of creating sentient intelligence among computers. The same argument that we need to eventually limit the construction and assimilation of synthetics to safeguard our own sense of importance is exactly the ethical paradox that Blade Runner examined. As, once the issue is revealed, it is a matter of hysteria. Reading 2010 clears that right up.

I sincerely believe, on a fundamental level, creating a sentient spark among any machine is no different then giving birth to a child. As much as patterning of
consciousness may be possible one day, the first will always be a child.

EDIT: Of course, this is all assuming we don't pattern human minds into machines. In that case, I'm afraid the whole argument that, 'marrying sentient artificial organisms' is pretty much invalid. That is, ala Ghost in the Shell or even the hit Chobits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0