✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
+In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.+

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

+In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.+

I'll try and remember to say a flying novena of this for Alfie sometime later today.

Upvote 0

Decanus

I don't even know anymore
Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is wonderful news.

Let us just hope and pray that our government allows the parents permission to take him to Italy. There is no reason why they should not allow this, but evil cares very little for logic and compassion.

Upvote 0

Decanus

Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so he's been given a 7 day reprieve since now he is an Italian citizen the British government cannot euthanise him without bad diplomatic relations. This is still great news and now we have more time to pray for him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,730.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Please folk - stay calm.

This is not a simple case of put the child on a plane and fly him to Rome.

There are really severe problems in doing this - he is on a respirator and any change in air pressure is a problem. Will the medical staff moving this child be familiar with the equipment in use ?

Prayers for Alfie , and all the teams looking after him :crosseo:

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The staff of the Vatican Hospital say they have the procedures ready and a medical Airbus. The head of the Vatican hospital and members of his staff are present at Alder at the moment waiting.

So let's pray that all due precautions are taken and the child is taken to where people will continue his care.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Decanus

Mar 21, 2012
West Midlands
✟40,647.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Apparently the Italian Ambassador to the UK has said this:

'Don't suspend Alfie Evans' ventilator or we will denounce murder of an Italian citizen".

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen. x9

I implore everybody to pray this flying novena for Alfie Evans. We are in desperate need of a miracle. He has now been breathing on his own for two hours but needs oxygen which the hospital are refusing.

Upvote 0