AiG accepts evolution!!

Has Answers in Genesis compromised their own creationist theology?

• Yes - "white hole cosmology" is an evolutionistic theory

• No - you can still be a YEC and believe the universe has aged billions of years

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jereth

Apr 13, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟8,426.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ChetSinger said:
I'm disappointed to hear you use words like 'alchemy' and 'clueless' when referring to brothers in the Lord who are working hard to advance the gospel. PhDs, no less.

When I said "clueless", I did so with tongue in cheek. (I would have hoped that was obvious.)

I have no doubt that many of these brothers work hard to advance the gospel -- away from the whole creation science venture. But I hope you are not implying that they are advancing the gospel via creation science. I sincerely believe that creation science is not a gospel ministry, and if anything it hinders and disrupts gospel ministry.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
jereth said:
When I said "clueless", I did so with tongue in cheek. (I would have hoped that was obvious.)
I'm glad to hear that. It wasn't obvious to me; but I'm new here, so I'm sure I miss context that others take for granted.

jereth said:
I have no doubt that many of these brothers work hard to advance the gospel -- away from the whole creation science venture. But I hope you are not implying that they are advancing the gospel via creation science. I sincerely believe that creation science is not a gospel ministry, and if anything it hinders and disrupts gospel ministry.
Different people have different needs. I can say with confidence that an exposure to creation science has helped me in my walk. I studied physics in college (more than 25 years ago, yikes), and always had a problem reconciling Genesis with what I was taught there. Although I didn't lose my faith over it, I know others have.

Upvote 0

jereth

Apr 13, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟8,426.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ChetSinger said:
Different people have different needs. I can say with confidence that an exposure to creation science has helped me in my walk. I studied physics in college (more than 25 years ago, yikes), and always had a problem reconciling Genesis with what I was taught there. Although I didn't lose my faith over it, I know others have.

I have absolutely no doubt that creation science has been beneficial for many Christians such as yourself. However, I personally believe that this is a case of God working in all things (good and bad) for the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28) In the same way, I could look back upon my own upbringing in a legalistic, ultra-fundamentalist church which was full of unbiblical doctrines -- yet without this upbringing I may not even be a Christian today.

Personally, I think that creation science and "creation ministry" does more damage to Christianity than good. I cannot support this with facts or figures. It is just based on my experience of people who ridicule Christianity because it is (supposedly) anti-science, anti-intellectual, obscurantist, fundamentalist, etc. There is no need for Christianity to have this kind of reputation; yet it continues to be fostered by AiG & co.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.