charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Are you then saying that the correct belief system varies from person to person?
More like the perception of a "correct" belief system varies from person to person. A Catholic feels that catholocism is correct, for a Muslim Islam is correct, etc, etc, etc.

Upvote 0

GrayCat

I exist
Oct 23, 2007
Massachusetts
✟16,383.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree with Heart of Darkness. That is true of myself, at least. Though there are lots of people who are convinced/know for sure that their deities do exist.

And by the way, i may say that your user title below your screen name is awesome. Although you put the apostrophe in the wrong place. See my signature. :-D

Reactions: Ramona
Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Technically I believe everyone to be agnostic, since it isn't as though anyone knows for sure whether or not deities exist.

Personally, I don't think they do.
I do, Eris explicitly told me she didn't exist. She also said she's responsible for all the other gods. Why shouldn't I listen to her, she's a god.

Reactions: TheOutsider
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

traversinginfinity

Aug 20, 2006
✟15,688.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The only correct belief system!
Define what you mean by "agnosticism" and define your idea of "God", and then I might be able to contribute to this discussion. Right now I can't think of anything meaningful to say.

Upvote 0

traversinginfinity

Aug 20, 2006
✟15,688.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Define what you mean by "agnosticism" and define your idea of "God", and then I might be able to contribute to this discussion. Right now I can't think of anything meaningful to say.

Upvote 0

MattTheAgnostic

Senior Veteran
Aug 23, 2007
✟17,885.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agnosticism: The believe you cannot know anything (other than the fact that I exist at this precise moment in time in some form, somewhere).

God: Whatever you want. Generally God is thought of as omnipotent/present/scient/etc (infinite).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

randomman

Jun 11, 2007
✟15,541.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

Allah swt says that those who believe in the unity and oneness of God as much as the weight of an atom, shall not spend eternity in Hell (i.e. they will get out eventually)

i dont know if this applies to agnostics (assuming they believe in a unique one God to some degree) ... or just muslims with doubts

Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
More like the perception of a "correct" belief system varies from person to person. A Catholic feels that catholocism is correct, for a Muslim Islam is correct, etc, etc, etc.

I agree with what you are saying. I like the saying that whether you are convinced there is a God, or convinced there is no God, or convinced it is better to reserve judgement, that is a mater of faith.

Upvote 0

AngelusTenebrae

Oct 4, 2005
Germany
Visit site
✟8,611.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am aware of two definitions of agnosticism, if you can call them such.

One is that it is impossible to know if God exists or not.

The other is that you do not know if God exists.

The latter is a fairly honest approach, but I cannot say that it is the "correct" belief system, anymore than saying "I don't know" is the correct answer on a test. Even if it were, people will still continue to believe what they believe, despite the truth.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm an agnostic theist... well, currently it's impossible to verify God's existence or nonexistence beyond any doubt, so I simply accept that I don't know whether God exists or not. I believe in God's existence, though... and that's why I'm a theist. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.