Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone else here in disbelief regarding their own age?

Next month I will be 66 and in a few more months my wife turns 70.

Maybe because we have been blessed with pretty good health so far we have been living in a fantasy world of 40's. I just cant believe we are this old.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m pushing 40. Mentally, I still feel young. But my body is beginning to break down. I can’t do a lot of things I used to anymore.

But it feels good to get older, too. Not physically, but emotionally. It feels better.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I recall a WW2 vet in his 90s saying to me "Jack, I never, ever thought that I would get to get this freaking old. There were many times in Italy that I didn't think that I would live another 5 seconds." I was privileged to give his eulogy.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I turned 30 this year.. it was a little hard.. but not in disbelief. My maturity has always been a little slow compared to my peers.. while I still have some immature aspects that I'm proud of, in some ways I'm more mature than my peers including older folk. Although I do live in the US.. so that might not be saying much.. lol.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I turned 30 this year.. it was a little hard.. but not in disbelief. My maturity has always been a little slow compared to my peers.. while I still have some immature aspects that I'm proud of, in some ways I'm more mature than my peers including older folk. Although I do live in the US.. so that might not be saying much.. lol.
I am still immature in some ways.

Anyone remember Aunt Blabby? Never say, "Eulogy" to an old person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think I'm opposite of you... I've been disabled since I was 30 which now that I'm 52 is really wearing on me.. I am sometimes in shock that I'm only 52, especially seeing my elderly mother in law is far older than I, and runs circles around me.. haha. I think I get jealous sometimes of those who kept their health, and frustrated other times because those far older than me sometimes have to help me, when it should be the other way around at my age - I should be helping them.

My husband still says that he totally respects me for all I do, because I have challenges others don't have and still manage, but I've not seen it in myself in a while. It used to be even disabled I could run circles around many healthy people - but not so much lately. 20+ years of disability takes its own toll.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
20+ years of disability takes its own toll.
Been there doing that, but we adapt and find new things to do don't we. And the best part is when we run out of ideas to amuse ourselves, we start looking for ways to be productive for others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know which I find more dismaying, my age or how old other people my age are. Yeah, little Timmy from the 4th grade, he's 60 now. Say what?!!
I was watching a movie with Diane Keaton. Looking good at 75.
images

Upvote 0