AG Barr launches Operation Legend, federal crackdown on violent crime in U.S. cities

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
AG Barr launches Operation Legend, federal crackdown on violent crime in U.S. cities

Attorney General William Barr on Wednesday announced the launch of Operation Legend, an effort to crack down on spiking crime in American cities like Kansas City, where four-year-old LeGend Taliferro was fatally shot in his bed last month.

Federal law enforcement agencies will work with state and local law enforcement to help tackle crime in U.S. cities
.​

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has all the keywords of the war on drugs and will have the same result too. This is another excuse to just let the police to bash heads in instead of looking at the reasons that people become violent.

Maybe they would have more success if they tackled it from both ends instead of just one.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This has all the keywords of the war on drugs and will have the same result too. This is another excuse to just let the police to bash heads in instead of looking at the reasons that people become violent.

Maybe they would have more success if they tackled it from both ends instead of just one.
Which end do you think the administration hasn't tackled?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which end do you think the administration hasn't tackled?
The causes. Working on improving the safety net, talking to the protesters, and working with them to find the people who did the damage and violence. Addressing the inequities in the country between communities. Improving the safety net so people are not so desperate. And just stop ignoring problems.

Barr sounds like Nixon to me, using all the keywords to say they will repress the minorities to keep the wealthy whites safe.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The causes.
Like jobs?

Good on the administration getting jobs for blacks ... and hispanics ... and women. The best ever. :oldthumbsup:
Working on improving the safety net, talking to the protesters, and working with them to find the people who did the damage and violence.
Noting that a number of violent offenders are now in federal custody.
Addressing the inequities in the country between communities.
To repeat myself ...

Good on the administration getting for jobs for blacks ... and hispanics ... and women. The best unemployment rates ever for minorities. :oldthumbsup:
Improving the safety net so people are not so desperate. And just stop ignoring problems.
What is lacking in the safety nets? No one seems to be complaining about lack of safety nets at the moment.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like jobs?

Good on the administration getting jobs for blacks ... and hispanics ... and women. The best ever. :oldthumbsup:

Except that is a trend that started back under Obama. What has Trump done to keep that going? What is he doing now that the unemployment rose under the current crisis?

Noting that a number of violent offenders are now in federal custody.

Not sure what this had to do with my comment above it.

To repeat myself ...

Good on the administration getting for jobs for blacks ... and hispanics ... and women. The best unemployment rates ever for minorities. :oldthumbsup:

Again, don't care unless you can point at what Trump did to do that. And it doesn't offset the current numbers and the lack of continuing unemployment payments.

What is lacking in the safety nets? No one seems to be complaining about lack of safety nets at the moment.
Then you are closing your ears and eyes. Plenty of people are complaining about the lack of free tests for COVID-19, or healthcare, or even unemployment checks that are hung up in congress. And I can go on, but I don't expect you to listen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If Barr wants to get tough on crime he could start with his boss.
Are we still beating that horse? Your party had four years to make the case ... and came up with NOTHING. Impeachment was laughable.

I've told you for most of that time that all Democrats need to do is field a better candidate in 2020. It didn't seem that complicated. All they needed to do was find someone interested in uniting the country, someone interested in solving problems, someone with a modicum of competence, someone not dripping of corruption.

Whaddaya think? How did they do?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That’s right, like the people who shot an eight year old girl to death riding in the back of her mothers car.

We should send counselors to find out why crossing a barrier trying to turn around caused so much anger. Makes you some milk and cookies and time with a grandma sip help also.

or the hundred of minorities who have been shot, attacked, had their businesses burned to the ground, their property destroyed and children harmed. They need empathy, not cops.

• Winner
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Well just be more reasonable and identify with why the cops need to crack heads. You can't just go around judging violent actions by the police without understand what they are attempting to bring awareness to.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well just be more reasonable and identify with why the cops need to crack heads. You can't just go around judging violent actions by the police without understand what they are attempting to bring awareness to.
The police need to be held to a higher standard since they are supposed to keep the peace. Their need to bash heads does need to be understood and then judged. And in some cases, the police may just need to learn new ways to handle situations. For other police, they need to be fired and charged.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The police need to be held to a higher standard since they are supposed to keep the peace. Their need to bash heads does need to be understood and then judged. And in some cases, the police may just need to learn new ways to handle situations. For other police, they need to be fired and charged.

The entire point is it is a pretty stupid comment to make... have to consider why someone is violent to someone else... o_O let them explain their reasonings for violence to a judge.

Cops or rioters/thugs. Stop hurting people. It is literally kindergarten simple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0