After Physical Death

Alex-C-L

Nov 22, 2008
✟15,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay I tend to start threads and then not say much afterwards in them. They are not intended to be hit and run posts, rather I like to start something and then gain information from sitting back and observing the exchange of views on this board. On that note what are peoples beliefs on the following.

1/ Where christians go after immediate physical death on this earth. Do we go straight to heaven as spirit beings until the second coming and then get glorified bodies?

2/ How do we as christians explain apparitions, ie ghosts [the spirit bodies of those who once lives here]. Are they unsaved spirits.

3/ To contradict the above point do the unsaved go straight to hell and then the lake of fire after.

4/ Why did Jesus glorified body still have scars. Does this indicate that the glorified body is infact a renewal of the old? On this note should we be buried rather than cremated?

5/ During Jesus time there was some belief in reincaranation that Jesus didnt rebuke? Can we hold as christians the viewpoint that although we are created as one God breathed spirit we have different physical incarnations bearing in mind scriptures such as John 9.1. Mark 8 27/28. Revelation 3 12.

6/ What about "Bleed Throughs". When people often children refer or act in a manner that suggest previous incarnations in this realm. Alternativley could this be consider a result of the working of familiar spirits?

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thought on the scars is that He wanted those particular scars to remain. There was no mention of any of the other wounds remaining, the holes in the head from the crown of thorns, or the separated muscle and skin ripped from His body during the scourging. He was not a walking monstrosity.

No. Those were gone, but the nail and spear wounds He chose to keep, and I look forward to gazing on them with my own eyes.

I don't believe we can draw any conclusion about our own bodies on that other than the other injuries were gone without a trace. I don't think it matters if we are buried or burnt. Millions have been buried, only to have their flesh disappear, without a trace, anyway. God knows where it all is, so just leave that up to Him.

Upvote 0