• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Afraid I’m not saved

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That makes sense! I'm glad you've been able to find some things that work for you. Is there much information/support on the Internet for this kind of thing?
There are some support groups, but it’s not as common as other mental health issues, so there are less support groups than there are for other problems. So far, maladaptive daydreaming isn’t even considered a mental disorder, even though psychologists admit that it’s a problem that can affect people’s every day lives. I’ve heard of a support group called wild minds network but I haven’t looked into it.
There is information on the internet about MD but, again, not as much information as there is about other issues.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear one, what you are seeking for is often called 'blessed assurance'. It is not so much known about or discussed these days but was in the past, as we are not having revivals.

It is also known as receiving imparted righteousness and not only imputed righteousness or a second blessing as it were. This is given by God as we decide to give up all rights to ourselves, and submit ourselves entirely to Him.

With it comes such a sense of His presence, that we no longer have doubts. Will pray for you.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are some support groups, but it’s not as common as other mental health issues, so there are less support groups than there are for other problems. So far, maladaptive daydreaming isn’t even considered a mental disorder, even though psychologists admit that it’s a problem that can affect people’s every day lives. I’ve heard of a support group called wild minds network but I haven’t looked into it.
There is information on the internet about MD but, again, not as much information as there is about other issues.
OK, that makes sense. Thank you for the explanation! If you ever want a support group, feel free to join "Christianity and Anxiety Disorders" on Facebook. The members deal with a variety of different mental health issues, and I believe there might be at least a couple of members who deal with MD or something similar.

Upvote 0