• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2005
texas!
✟168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
i admitted yesterday to a lady on here that i have a problem with an ED. i am so scared cuz i dunno what to do. i use to cut myself from 2003 - 2004 - s/i, and was ED during that too, but i relapsed one time last weekend. i hate that i did, but yea. i can't change what i did. i am in texas at an internship, so i told my leader above me in my dorm - core and she told my rd. i am scared, cuz i can't tell many ppl about it tho. i need to let go all of this, but i am shaky a lil bit.

pm me sometime or reply to this.

~michelle~

Music4Hym777

Daughter of Christ
Apr 27, 2004
Arizona
✟17,729.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Michelle,

I have been at the place where you are now, it was last summer. If you really want to get over this, you will do what they tell you to do, probably counseling and entire psychological evaluation woudl be good. But then I dont know what you have been through, especially with the SI as far as counseling goes. PM me anytime if you have any questions.

~Monica

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Surrender2Win

Look to the LORD and His strength...
Mar 20, 2005
✟0.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
amtvball4jesus said:
i admitted yesterday to a lady on here that i have a problem with an ED. i am so scared cuz i dunno what to do. i use to cut myself from 2003 - 2004 - s/i, and was ED during that too, but i relapsed one time last weekend. i hate that i did, but yea. i can't change what i did. i am in texas at an internship, so i told my leader above me in my dorm - core and she told my rd. i am scared, cuz i can't tell many ppl about it tho. i need to let go all of this, but i am shaky a lil bit.

pm me sometime or reply to this.

~michelle~

Hi Michelle,

oh boy, I think I understand the feelings your describing here. Everytime I take a risk and share something about myself with someone, I freak out inside and want to take my words back right away! I'm going through some similar situations right now and it is scary. Taking risks are just plain scary! I imagine you probably have had all sorts of things going through your mind, and I see that you have calmed down inside a bit from when you wrote this...but I wanted to let you know that I hear ya! And way to go for taking a risk and sharing it with someone, our secrets only keep us sick and as long as you allow yourself to be open, the opportunity for help is more available.

God Bless,
Amanda

Upvote 0

Surrender2Win

Mar 20, 2005
✟0.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
amtvball4jesus said:
yea, but im so scared to do this!!! pray for me... this is hard saying i DO have an ED. :(

Your right, it is hard to admit when there is a problem...and you have taken the first step, that's a hard step to take and scary...and you've done it! "They" say this is the hardest step to take, admitting when there's a problem...personally, I think each step taken is equally hard, espeically in the beginning of recovery and I am definitly saying a prayer for you Michelle, you can do this with God's help. He will carry you through, draw on His strength...

God Bless,
Amanda

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2005
texas!
✟168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
thanks. yea this is really hard for me to do. i actually said, i have mia, i need help to heal from it. thanks for the prayers. i am still pretty scared. we have worship tonight, so i'm gonna cry to God big time and pray and whatever else i need to do. it's not a choice, it's a DISEASE! :(

~michelle~

Upvote 0

Surrender2Win

Mar 20, 2005
✟0.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
amtvball4jesus said:
thanks. yea this is really hard for me to do. i actually said, i have mia, i need help to heal from it. thanks for the prayers. i am still pretty scared. we have worship tonight, so i'm gonna cry to God big time and pray and whatever else i need to do. it's not a choice, it's a DISEASE! :(

~michelle~

It's not a choice to have this disease no, but you DO have a choice in how to handle it. The more you know, the more you learn...the more choices you have!

:hug:

You don't have to be a prisoner to this disease any longer...

God Bless,
Amanda

Upvote 0

Surrender2Win

Mar 20, 2005
✟0.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
amtvball4jesus said:
i know and that's why i am gonna get help for it. *sighs* i can't cry tonight, i'm trying to but it won't come out! :( i usually can! anyways...

how can i forgive myself for this and my past????

~michelle~

Well Michelle, this is a question I often struggle with myself...how to forgive self and past? I wish I could give you an answer on that one! I don't know, I am hoping therapy will help me resolve most of these issues along with drawing on God's strength, which is something that can be hard for me personally when I'm so stuck in all that chaos that can go on in my head. When I am making things about me, then I struggle even more. But when I keep my eyes looking upward, and don't forget what my life is all about...it makes things just a little easier...not easy...but easier. I have heard that the process of forgiving can be an every day thing...like if I chose to forgive myself today...and tomorrow I woke up and started putting myself down again about those issues I've already forgiven myself for...then I just have to choose to forgive myself again. And the process I guess can take a life time of choices to forgive over and over until it's gone, or rarely shows up.

God Bless you Michelle, keep looking upward!
Amanda

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2005
texas!
✟168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
ok, thank you so much for your help. i have honor counsil about my ED and attitude etc at 7pm, so pray for me that i'll be completely honest and stuff. i need to be here in texas so it should workout!!! i am scared but upset. anyways...

i'm praying for all of y'all!!!

love ya,
Michelle

Upvote 0

Music4Hym777

Daughter of Christ
Apr 27, 2004
Arizona
✟17,729.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
amtvball4jesus said:
ok, thank you so much for your help. i have honor counsil about my ED and attitude etc at 7pm, so pray for me that i'll be completely honest and stuff. i need to be here in texas so it should workout!!! i am scared but upset. anyways...

i'm praying for all of y'all!!!

love ya,
Michelle

Oh hun, I wish I could just scoop you up and wrap you in my arms. Honor counsel is scary, I have never been through it, but I have been through similar experiences with mine. I am praying for you. Did you know that Katie Luce use to have an eating disorder? I have heard through the grape vine that she is excellent to talk to about it.

~Monica

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2005
texas!
✟168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
i am scared. pray for me. thanks. i went to honor counsil tonight and after i left the room i brokedown crying. it's very scary and hard for me. i have two choices - choose to stay best friends with my bff or be at teen mania!!!! i am very scared, cuz i cant choose that! i am crying a lil. it hurts me to have to choose between the 2. yes i know katie had an ED, and we talked about it all 2 wks ago or so. she helped alot. she is awesome!!!! she is very busy, so she has no time for a meeting or anything now, i don't think...

love,
Michelle

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.