jess9450

Sep 17, 2012
In the land of ice and snow
✟10,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
honestly I don't think it's a good idea to ask her out so soon after converting to Christianity. Many Christian women look for Christian men that are mature in their faith as potential husbands.

I would say take some time to really grow in discovering your identity in Christ and deepening your relationship with Him before pursuing this girl. I don't get the impression that you would convert just for the sake of dating a girl, but all the same, your relationship with Christ is what should be most important

Upvote 0

vanillakay

Ill see you all around
Nov 28, 2010
arkansas
✟22,774.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
AMONA, I suggest you don't ask this girl out just yet. It sounds to me like you need to figure your faith out before anything. I believe, from what iv read anyways...that mybe God led you to each other for a reason:) It sounds like your so so close and i can completly understand that it can be scary, when you consider straying away from a religion that you grew up in and believe is right. Your faith comes before anything and im afraid if you get involved with this girl it might distract you.Cliche as it sounds, go with your heart. If your heart is pulling you toward Christ, don't ignore it. That's what the Holy spirit is for. Either way good luck to you my Friend.

Upvote 0

AMONA

Jul 20, 2013
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jess and VanillaKay,
I see what you are saying and i completely agree. You are right that i wouldnt convert just for a girl. I would be giving up way to much for an unknown and it would be pretty disrespectful to God as well.
Yes. My hearts has been leading me to Christ recently, but i get random spurts of uncertainty. i get random thoughts of "this is just a phase". If those things didnt come up i would be whole-heartedly Christian as of now. Please pray for my clarity and peace of mind.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for your response again. I really do appreaciate. Allow me to clarify. I had a misconception about Christians that they can do whatever they want and are saved. I had Christian people telling me I was going to hell all the while they did things against Jesus' teachings. They claimed they are saved cuz they "love Jesus". Her character altered that misconception. Because she wasnt damning me yet still displaying the love of Christ, i let her talk to me about Him with an open mind. Thats how i gave Church a try. The rest came after. yet, i still sometime think about whether her presence is influencing me feelings.

Personally, I try to stay away from determining who is saved and who isn't. It's just not my call. Yeshua Himself said not everyone who claims Him knows Him (Matthew 7:21 - end of chapter). I also think that there are times in each individual's lives where they are moving towards Him or away from Him - but the title stays.

But you will find accusations and insinuations and wolf hunters everywhere in Christianity. People love labels to fit their preconceived ideas. From my perspective - everyone has their moments - good and bad, no one is good all the time and no one is bad all the time.

If everyone was a Saint, there would be no need for forgiveness. We could do away with it, it would be a non-thing. I believe this is emphasized fairly well in the gospels - each of us can play the Pharisee - a bleached tomb full of rottenness, but in moments, emerge from that tomb, confess, forgive and love. It's just not cut and dry.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Welcome! Is Amona like a male Amina? I think it's amazing that you're even thinking about converting, as Islam strictly teaches to not even harbour doubt about the religion, so many Muslims don't even put their faith or their scripture under scrutiny in fear of punishment. So it's admirable.

I actually would ask her out. None of this waiting until the time is right business. She could find someone else and get married in that time. If she says no, then ask again later. Eventually she will give in lol.

Upvote 0

AMONA

Jul 20, 2013
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I try to stay away from determining who is saved and who isn't. It's just not my call. Yeshua Himself said not everyone who claims Him knows Him (Matthew 7:21 - end of chapter). I also think that there are times in each individual's lives where they are moving towards Him or away from Him - but the title stays.

But you will find accusations and insinuations and wolf hunters everywhere in Christianity. People love labels to fit their preconceived ideas. From my perspective - everyone has their moments - good and bad, no one is good all the time and no one is bad all the time.

If everyone was a Saint, there would be no need for forgiveness. We could do away with it, it would be a non-thing. I believe this is emphasized fairly well in the gospels - each of us can play the Pharisee - a bleached tomb full of rottenness, but in moments, emerge from that tomb, confess, forgive and love. It's just not cut and dry.
You are absolutely right. The reason i didnt see past this before is A. I was determined my religion was right and B. I was in defense mode as the minority. It is silly of me to stereotype people considering i have been stereotyped as a terrorist from childhood.
I definitely did learn everything you mentioned in the Gospels. Jesus will deny some who call him "Lord, Lord!" because they "claimed" Jesus. Let us pray that we are not of those people.

Upvote 0

AMONA

Jul 20, 2013
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! Is Amona like a male Amina?
No. Haha. It is letters from my first middle and last name. I do have a cousin named Amina though!
I think it's amazing that you're even thinking about converting, as Islam strictly teaches to not even harbour doubt about the religion, so many Muslims don't even put their faith or their scripture under scrutiny in fear of punishment. So it's admirable.
Thank you. I have always been a seeker of truth. Even as a Muslim i would non stop read about Shia'ism and Sunni'ism.

I actually would ask her out. None of this waiting until the time is right business. She could find someone else and get married in that time. If she says no, then ask again later. Eventually she will give in lol.
I plan to. If i get out of this indecisive/insecure phase. If i am securely a devout Christian, I will. Especially since she is the one who, through God, led me to Christ.

Upvote 0