• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi! :hug: my idea is to invest in a cookbook from the book store that is approved by your doctors. i've heard of some awesome recipes, and eating routine tips; like music and canle light. i hope you find good ideas to ask your doctor about. and welcome to the family!! :)

p.s. we moved this over from SI. :hug: blessings! love dee

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Spices are the way to go. Experiment. I'm not diabetic but I have hypertension and found my diet pretty bland when I cut out sodium (never liked sugary stuff). A lot of healthy food can be delicious without sugar (or salt). As goldenviolet said, get a good cookbook. And experiment. :)

Upvote 0

NuclearDreams

...the last laugh
Mar 6, 2006
Germany
Visit site
✟7,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am also diabetic. I use certain foods to counter blood sugar. None of the foods are a cure, they just help. Some carbs I replace with whole wheat products. The most important part of my fight against high blood sugar are my daily walks. I walk 7.5 miles a day. I rarely do any other excercise and walking has been one of the essentials in weight loss. I've lost 33 pounds in one year. I was at 220 before I was diagnosed over a year ago. I also cook alot, but I choose recipes that are not so restrictive. Most of the recipes I choose allow me to replace carbs and normal sugar for whole wheat and fruit sugar. Protein is also a key in countering blood sugar. Beef, poultry, eggs, some nuts, and fish are good examples of proteins diabetics can and should eat. Just remember to eat an equal or larger portion of green vegitables.

These examples are meant to be general...there is no one diet to fit all diabetics. You have to experiment a little.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you can use sugar but only complex sugars like from yam. And anytime you eat anything with sugar eat lettuce with it too as lettuce helps the pancreas to handle sugar. Try eating fresh foods and foods not processed are canned. Diabetes can be cured you know. See a trained herbalists but it wont be easy to fix

Upvote 0

rushingwind62

Debi1967 is the love of my life!!!!
Sep 24, 2005
Green Valley, IL.
✟10,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Diabetes cannot be cured, it can be controlled to a certain degree with meds and diet. But there is no cure for it.

Well you can use sugar but only complex sugars like from yam. And anytime you eat anything with sugar eat lettuce with it too as lettuce helps the pancreas to handle sugar. Try eating fresh foods and foods not processed are canned. Diabetes can be cured you know. See a trained herbalists but it wont be easy to fix

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am a 58 year-old man suffering from diabetes for the last 2 decades. I am being forced to live on a bland diet even though I have been a gourmet since my youth. Is there a way to add some excitement to my diet chart?

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.