CT
✟7,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, i wanted some input from other believers about a current relationship im pursueing with a girl at my church, So i recently started attending this church a couple months ago, and i met this girl who is around my age (20) and we have had some conversations on and off hear and there, most of then after service briefly, i decided one night after bible study that i would let her know how i felt about her and i told her that i really started to like her and that i would like to ask her out sometime, she told me that she had "feelings for somebody else" but she would like to hang out as friends, now at first i just took this as her letting me down easy so i thanked her for being honest with me, then after that she told me again that she would like to hang out as friends and asked me my what my schedule looked like however my schedule for the week had not come out and isnt a fixed schedule so i told her i woukd let her know, i immediatly toook this as that she was serious about being friends with me and hanging out, so i figured the door wasnt perhaps completely closed, i have tried to talk to her again since but she either wasnt around or when i see her she seems to not even make eye contact with me or seem to try to effort to talk to me, so im not sure if shes avoiding me or is nervous because she is sort of a introvert and she dosent hang around church long to talk much to anyone... we did however 2 weeks ago wave at each other after going a couple weeks without talking, so my question is should i perhaps try to set something up for us to hang out as friends? Do you guys mabey think that shes still open to that and perhaps a Relationship down the road

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's a good idea. According to what you said, she's interested in somebody else. And for someone to give mixed signals or say we could still be friends even after the other person has expressed an interest in something more is not a wise thing to delve into. To me it rings of double mindedness and I would steer clear of that as much as I could.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the best thing you can do is step up the aggression and pursuit because she didn't flat out reject you, so definitely keep putting the pressure on to try to get her to go out with you. It's the only way you'll eventually find someone. As a male you have to be aggressive and bold and take chances. As long as she didn't flat out reject you, you have a shot. So take her interested in someone else line as something that is probably her default response she uses when someone asks her out and definitely get the contact info and meetup and definitely keep putting yourself out there and keep the door wide open for a relationship while of course remaining cordial. You definitely don't want to come off as needy or desperate but just as long as she wants you around I'd use those opportunities to convince her to go out with you. I know you don't really want to be just a friend so definitely use her friendship offer as an opportunity and also be realistic, if you know you have no chance then just find someone else you think you do have a chance with. But if there is even the tiniest of chances here definitely take a chance.

Upvote 0