Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm...well I do not subscribe to the whole "second coming" advent. When I think of the word....I think of an awesome home audio speaker....or of a time when we humans stop praying for someone to save us and start working in a more collaborative fashion with God to make this world all it can be. Also, on a side note, I just watched the new Star Trek movie so I am anxious for us to get to that point (yes I realize it is a hundred or two years away).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey...I just watched the new Star Trek. I'm a little freaked out that Spock was the hot one.

Advent has become this time of weird introspection for me. If you don't live around seasons, you may not get this :p but when it's fall, I feel myself wind down and turn inward. In the summer, I feel more exposed...and I am. I'm wearing very little(not in a rawr! sort of way...but in a it's so humid I'm dying sort of way) and you are out camping and bike riding and parks and public events.....there's a bustle about life. But fall comes...and I wind down...and then it gets cold and I stay inside more...less interactions with the public at large...I'm bundled in sweaters and furry boots....I retreat. Then a new year starts and I have a sense of rebirth. It's very organic. And advent is a time where I feel forced to slow down and really reflect and focus...which I feel I need with the rush of Christmas approaching. So yeah...I don't get the whole second coming thing.....but it does sort of make me feel some anticipation....like I'm going to come out of it with some growth.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Spock was the hot one? I don't normal look at that sorta thing but, I did watch it again with his "hotness" in mind....and from a straight guys perspective, I don't see it....but then again, I don't know who was "hot" though......ugh

The gal who played Ohura...however you spell her name, now she was hot!!

Upvote 0