Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got my Advent Devotional book in the mail a few weeks before Halloween ! and it is not even THANKSGIVING yet, although it is only 2 weeks away.
Advent Starts on December 2 this year.

For those who want an advent devotional, there are many online. I am more of a traditionalist, I like to have a book in hand to read, so mine came from Unity. It was free.
But there are many for free or a nominal fee that are probably just as good. I have always liked the ones from Unity ever since the UMC stopped printing theirs apparently decades ago. Though they do have a fantastic webpage with links to online devotionals

When I was younger, the churches often gave them out. I think that with the electronic age and budget cuts this stopped long ago, most churches DO NOT give them out anymore.

But advent is a special time. It is the time for the spiritual preparation for the Coming of Christ. It holds a deep and mystical meaning for many of us. It is a great opportunity to add a deeper meaning and a deeper sense of Spirit into the Christmas season. For me, it is the most beautiful time of the year. And that says much as beauty surrounds us. And in the Advent season, we find something unique, whereby God opens Himself, and makes Himself available TO US through the Mystery of Christmas.