✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
okeydokey said:
Do you believe that people who commit adultery (christians) whether they be married or single commiting adultery with the married, ( or any sin really) are disciplined by God through a societal chastisement on a sub or unconscious level?

DO you mean do they feel guilt??

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
okeydokey said:
beyond the sinner feeling guilt - I mean others treating the adulterer differently as perhaps a way for God to impress upon the person what they did wrong. Others treating the adulterer perhaps as a social outcast (mild or intensely). This is just something I've thought of over the years.

Like the Scarlet Letter? I doubt that sort of being thought of as an outcast happens much in our society these days. But God does use people I think to prick our conscience.

Upvote 0

Achichem

Faithful
Aug 9, 2003
✟1,857.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
okeydokey said:
Do you believe that people who commit adultery (christians) whether they be married or single commiting adultery with the married, ( or any sin really) are disciplined by God through a societal chastisement on a sub or unconscious level?

No, and I will surely say that they are not christan when comitting this act.Perhaps if they converted afterward, but if that were the case then it would be forgoten about anyways.

For I say that no follower in christ can commit adultery, it would not be of hes or her fruits.

In less they did not know, in which case i think they would do the right thing when they found out if they were christian that is.

Upvote 0

okeydokey

Jul 11, 2003
✟173.00
DaTsar wrote : "No, and I will surely say that they are not christan when comitting this act.Perhaps if they converted afterward, but if that were the case then it would be forgoten about anyways.

For I say that no follower in christ can commit adultery, it would not be of hes or her fruits.

In less they did not know, in which case i think they would do the right thing when they found out if they were christian that is."

I agree that when a christian is sinning they are farther from God then when they realize their mistake. But the rest of what you wrote seems harsh. This kind of attitude is what can hurt christians. The belief that a christian has become somehow above a regular human being. Christians remain christians even when they sin. That is the point! That in their human condition there is hope.

Upvote 0

My Higher Self

Sense Offender
Aug 20, 2002
Florida
✟880.00
Nope....as a matter of fact, god pats them on the back for it. My ex-wife, and pastor's daughter was wrapped in the warm blanket of the congregation for her tawdry affair with an 18 year old high school boy. They alienated me, and assured her that God loved her even more, so long as she was "sorry" and did it again, and "sorry" and did it again...

**MHS gets up on soap box**

This is why I am so SICK of all these threads concerned with other people's sins. Perhaps as christians you should focus on aligning your own lives with god before worrying about others.

**gets down from soap box**

Upvote 0
God Will Not Spare The Rod!!!
Nor will he be mocked. He loves you. He is a jealous God. If you make him do it he will chasten you. He is a faithful father and one to be feared.

Pr 13:24 ¶ He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
"If you can't stop sinning, God cannot stop smitting"
Lu 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Upvote 0

cybermaxx12

Beliver
Aug 18, 2003
Taylors, SC
Visit site
✟165.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with My Higher Self about being right with God. If you go to your brother to take the splinter out of his eye. First take the log out of your own. Not the exact quote but almost the same. Anyway you can get the picture, it happens much to often. Such as when a man goes to confront his brother on lusting. When he himself is lusting. Also it happens that a man will go to his son to disipline him for sneaking out of the house. Which is good but the man will disipline in anger and not love.

First Corinthians 13:2 says

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysterys and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love I am nothing.:

Upvote 0
The Most Powerful Evangelistic Tool We Will Ever Need

The Holy Bible. More than ever before, we need men and women to share the loving gospel of Jesus Christ with others in need of salvation. God will move most powerfully in our lives when we give the scriptures to sinners in need of salvation.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Yes, it sounds foolish to tell someone about something that they have no desire to hear. We have to remember though that the God of the Holy Bible will not commit us to work in vain. God needs us to be a willing vessel that He can pour His righteousness through for others to see. When we Christians live and teach the gospel to others God is exalted and only then will he draw the lost unto Himself.

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 1Corinthians 1:27

Most importantly in this we must remember that the Holy Bible word of God is a living entity. His word is alive. God moves through his word in the most powerful way when we born again, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ Christians minister His word to others in need.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Finally we do not need another powerful witnessing tool (better mouse trap, so to speak). God gave us everything that we need to be perfect in the scriptures of the Holy Bible.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2Timothy 3:16

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 2Peter 1:19

Be exhorted therefore brethren by the mighty power of God. Read the account of Christ crucifixion in the Holy Bible. You will get more of a spiritual blessing from reading the Word of God for two hours than you ever will watching a gory movie about a man being bludgeoned to an unrecognizable pulp. Furthermore tell someone about the saving gospel of Jesus Christ if you want God to move powerfully in their lives. Please don’t take them to the movie. The following information will show you why you should not.

"excruciatingly violent" James Dobson

"Gibson turns the violence into a fetish, and after a while, it's exhausting and perverse"

"The thief to his right merely laughs at Jesus -- and moments later, a black crow swoops down, squawking like he's just flown off the set of Hitchcock's The Birds, and gouges out this man's eyes and attacks his face, once again in slow motion".

"Consider the movie's treatment of Jesus' torture: As has been widely reported, the movie's violence is relentless and sickening. For nearly 10 minutes, we watch the Roman soldiers endlessly flog Christ with a cat-o'-nine-tailslike weapon that has spikes on the end.

Jesus' skin tears open, and we see blood and tiny pieces of flesh come off his body. (None of this torture, it's worth noting, is described in detail in any of the four Gospels.) Later, the crown of thorns is hammered onto his head, as the camera gets in close to watch the blood drip down Jesus' face. During the Crucifixion, we watch the spikes being hammered into Jesus' palms in agonizing slow motion.

What's the point of all of this, beyond proving that even the Bible can be exploited for grindhouse titillation?"

Posted on Tue, Feb. 24, 2004 Fort Worth Star Telegram

Christopher Kelly, (817) 390-7032

Graphic Gospel

Gibson goes for shock value over substance

Rated: R (extremely graphic violence)

"People wanting to teach their children about the suffering of Christ would do better with more age-appropriate stories," says Sal Severe, a child psychologist and author of How to Behave So Your Child Will Too.

"I don't believe children should be exposed to that kind of graphic violence," says Severe.

In the film, a brutal flogging of Jesus continues for nearly 10 minutes, as Roman soldiers repeatedly lash his back, legs and head with a cat-o'-nine-tails-type weapon with spikes on the end; we see tiny pieces of flesh tear from Jesus' torso, and his entire body is bloodied beyond recognition. During the Crucifixion sequence, spikes are driven through his palms and feet -- with the hammering of the spikes shown in slow motion.

Posted on Tue, Feb. 24, 2004 Fort Worth Star Telegram

By Amanda Rogers Star-Telegram Staff Writer

'Passion' not suitable for kids, experts say

Pope John Paul II, after seeing the film, told Vatican associates, "It is as it was."

If the pope gives this movie his blessing you know that you should be concerned about it. Roman catholic priest remained on the filming sets at all times to bless the movie. The actors were encouraged to confess their sins to the priest daily and continually so that they would be pure from sin and that the "holy ghost" could work through them. Roman Catholicism, simply put, is idol worship. Worship of a dead woman they call mary. It is on the same level as conjuring spirits using an ouja board, only intensified millions of levels. If you as a Christian do not know that praying to a dead person is idolatry I can send you more information about it. The movie release date is culminated with the catholic Ash Wednesday. "The Passion of Christ" is a catholic perspective of Christ crucifixion, not a born again, saved by the blood of Jesus Christ Christians point of view. This movie is the most powerful catholic tool for ecumenical proselytizing. The following evangelical leaders have taken the Catholic bait hook, line and sinker. All, in the name of a powerful evangelistic tool when we already have the most powerful evangelistic tool we will ever need.

I have no doubt that the movie will be one of the greatest evangelistic tools in modern day history. I think people will go to it and then flood into the churches seeking to know the deeper implications of this movie. -Ed Young Jr., Pastor, Dallas-Area Fellowship Church

I believe The Passion of The Christ may well be one of the most powerful evangelistic tools of the last 100 years, because you have never seen the story of Jesus portrayed this vividly before. -Greg Laurie, Harvest Crusades

The thing that I'm most excited about is the opportunity it's going to give those of us who preach the cross. -Jack Graham, President, Southern Baptist Convention

God as my witness I have to tell you that if the above information does not equate to enough connected pieces of the puzzle for you to see the picture then you are blinded by lust. Christians today have sold their birth right as Esau for a morsel of entertainment. We are entertained to death. By death I also mean sleep. I hear Christians holding out hope that majorities of Christians will take a stand for righteousness to stop the killing of unborn babies, homosexuals converting our children through T.V., movies and public school, and government tyranny bent on taking away our God ordained constitutional rights. No, Christians today will not stand! A few will and that’s it. A few Christians will not restrain persistent evil in our world. We will get what we deserve. God is in the process of turning this apostate church over to a reprobate mind right before our very eyes. You think you can turn a blind eye at the warnings that God has shown us and get away with it. God will not be mocked. Your lust for entertainment (cloaked in righteousness) will lead you to see the movie. You will experience a power stronger than you have never been able to deny before. You may not be going to see the movie for the purpose of blood. The devils conjured up in the idolatry of the ritualistic movie making process will jump on you and you will leave this movie with a blood lust that you never before imagined. Now you lust for entertainment ("innocent" sex, "fun" rebellion, and "necessary" violence). After this movie you will lust to see more blood. Christians will not be satisfied even after the modern day prophets of our Holy God have been beheaded for proclaiming the truth.

More than ever before, we need men and women to share the loving gospel of Jesus Christ with others in need of salvation. God will move most powerfully in our lives when we give the scriptures to sinners in need of salvation.

Another of many times, we have been warned!

Rick Warden

***Please Copy This Email And Send It To The Ones You Love***

***You Are Encouraged To Print Copies and Pass It Out***

***Send It On To Local Media, Churches and Ministries***
:prayer:

Upvote 0

professor frink

Feb 1, 2004
BC
✟15,451.00
Faith
Atheist
DaTsar said:
No, and I will surely say that they are not christan when comitting this act.Perhaps if they converted afterward, but if that were the case then it would be forgoten about anyways.

In less they did not know, in which case i think they would do the right thing when they found out if they were christian that is.

Once again the true scotsman appears...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums