USA
✟952,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That depends on the agency. International adoptions are more expensive. The last time I checked rates were around $15-40K. That included everything. Some agencies post their fees on their website. Be mindful of age restrictions for parents. Most have a preferred range.

~Bella

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And second question: What are the requirements of the parents who are adopting? I have a mental history and several misdemeanors. Would these disqualify me? Even if so, I think I'll be able to hire an attorney to get a judge to expunge all this though.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And second question: What are the requirements of the parents who are adopting? I have a mental history and several misdemeanors. Would these disqualify me?

I don't know much about it, but I can imagine government authorities at both ends having concerns about that.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Extensive background checks are required. You may fare better with a Christian organization. You'd want to present a tenure of stability and lawful behavior. Many prefer private adoptions to cut through the red tape and expedite the process.

I contemplated adoption in the past. You can spend a lot of money and not get the results you're hoping for. Do your homework. Surrogacy may be a better alternative.

~Bella

Upvote 0

cappycappy

Mar 30, 2020
Dallas
✟20,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What's the process involved with adopting a child from another country? Approx how much does it cost in total after it's all said and done for one child?

It is more difficult nowadays to adopt from a foreign country, as many countries have closed down their international adoption programs - due to the fact that they cause problems with child trafficking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,887.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So long as you adopt for keeps and don't throw them back into the system when things get tough. There's a Stauffer family who has done this with their special needs son and it is just inhumane. They're all over youtube.

• Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Maybe consider foster parenting to see what it's like to take a child in, and sometimes you can later adopt your foster kid if things don't work out for them to return to their family.

I looked into adoption in the past when I was married. The laws and requirements can vary based on where you live. Back in the early 2000's, it was less expensive to adopt a child from or South Korea than most U. S. adoptions cost, but you had travel expenses.

I've thought about adopting if my circumstances became better. I'd really like to, but I need a better financial situation first. I can't even foster parent right now because I don't have a spare bedroom.

Upvote 0