• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Addicted to Christian Forums?

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if anyone else on CF is addicted, or in danger of becoming addicted, to spending time on CF.

I come onto the forums at different times of the day, (more or less whenever I get the chance) and I notice some others seem always to be there. I admit that I enjoy reading various threads and giving comments, but I also am aware of the amount of time that is spent here. My spouse thinks that I spend too much time here, and not enough (for example) watching TV together.

How do you others manage your time on CF? For how many is this almost a fulltime, unpaid occupation? Do you find it hard to turn it off? When someone else is wanting your attention and pushing you to get off CF do you feel irritated, annoyed? Do any of you find it is negatively affecting a relationship? Does anyone find that it is taking too much time from other things that need to be done? What did you do before you found CF?

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had to actually walk away a few times, and take breaks. For theological as well as emotional reasons.

It got to the point where if my husband wanted to talk or wanted me to bring him something, I'd get annoyed and almost snap at him. That's when I started figuring this was too much. I just try an log on a couple times a week. Spend the rest of my time with him.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I, too, spend a lot of time on the forum. But only because it provides a wide spectrum of Christianity. It has been an eye-opening experience to discover how so many Christians think differently on so many common topics of salvation. This is not found in a local congregation where everyone tends to conform to leadership views. But, addicted? No. I don't go on when my wife is home, but I share with my wife the conversations I have had with online believers. But it is a habit and I have donated money to the forum to support my habit, so that might be viewed as an addiction.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it provides a wide spectrum of Christianity. It has been an eye-opening experience to discover how so many Christians think differently on so many common topics of salvation. This is not found in a local congregation where everyone tends to conform to leadership views.

Very true. And quite mind-boggling.

• Prayers
Upvote 0