Add-on to this one!!

19 y/o Karen watched intently as the rather husky security guard checked her day pack. The grey-blue bag had caught the eye of what seemed like every person in uniform at various airports that day. With a sigh and a muffled grumble Karen took the bag back from the man holding the 'magic wand' which had caused her much grief the past 12 hours.
"Sorry ma'am, it's my job" the guard said, reading her annoyed face before moving on to his next 'customer'
With a fake smile and a slight nod of the head, Karen was off to find a nice place to spend her 45 minute lay-over.
As she eased her aching body down along the wall till she met the floor, she begged God for strength, "one more plane, then I'm done, give me the strength to last that long"
Karen's mind began to drift off to the adventure ahead of her. Being a missionary had been a dream since she could remember and now, finally, it had become a reality. In just a few hours she would be in a remote Alaskan village with other people her age, ministering to the lost. The thought tickled her mind, allowing a childish grin to creep across her travel-weary face. For the moment, the joy had returned.
Suddenly laughter erupted from the adjacent hallway as a group of obviously energetic people entered the terminal.
Startled yet thankful for the unexpected rush of adrenaline Karen peered at the faces of the approaching crowd, hopping they were who she thought. Before she could get out a word a Girl from the back of the group let out a squeal and ran in her direction, tackling the weary mass that accounted for Karen’s body.
“Hey you!!!” shrieked the girl who had just mowed over Karen, “Pretty exciting eh?!” She blurted before giggling.
“Tell me about it!” Karen replied now bright eyed and bushy tailed, she gladly drank of the energy that seemed to be so contagious.
Helping her to her feet and grabbing the infamous blue/grey bag, the girl continued to bubble with excitement, stumbling over every word.
“We all made it!!! *giggle* Isn’t that awesome!?! A tt-total answer to prayer!”
By now the rest of the group had joined Karen and the girl and began a huge round of hugs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, I think you get the idea of what’s going on. Feel free to jump in wherever as whoever, the more turns and unexpected things, the better!

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I want to join this one!

My character looks like me!

NAME: Janelle White

DESCRIPTION: Short hair to just above the shoulders, spiraled, darkened turquoise eyes, naturally tanned skin

PHYS. APP.: Pastel blue tank-top with jean over jacket, dark blue-jean flares, black boots, glittery silver belt. Keeps hair slightly spiraled, and ALWAYS wears it down.

AFFILIATION: Youth Pastor/Missionary

PERSONALITY: Friendly, easy to get along with

ABILITIES: Singing, playing keyboard, acoustic guitar and electric guitar

HISTORY: Was born in Alaska. Has lived there all her life. Became a Youth Pastor at age 18. Has just got back from a short time Missions trip to Cuba.

Janelle, known to her friends as Nelly, stepped off the plane, carrying her lugage. She looked around for her ride, but saw no sign of him. Is he doing this on purpose? She thought. Suddenly, she saw him.

"Jim!" she yelled, waving her hand in the air. Her 21 year old brother walked towards her.

"Did we survive the trip?" he asked, giving her a hug.

"Yes, it was lovely. I intend to go back. But when God allows. In His timing, mom always taught us. Where's Jack?" Janelle asked.

"Ah, you know Jack. He wanted to be here, but his mom had ot have an emergency run to the ER, so he was held up. I came instead. Now, what do you say to a soft bed and a shower?" Jim asked, cocking his head.

"That sounds Heavenly. Led the way, oh dorky one!" Nelly said.

Okay, there's my post.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Hmm, even better would be that the homeless man helps the mission team get to know the people they are serving, like a guide through the wilderness for the upper-middle class mssion team.

He's already saved, and doing his best to live for the Lord. He attended college and some Bible school, but when his parents died, he couldn't afford to go anymore. He opened a mission to the poor of Springfield, the town where the mission team is serving, but due to lack of donations and workers, he had to close it.

He easily got another job, making $100,000 a year, but he missed his people so much that he decided it would be better to be homeless serving them than to be rich serving his boss.

Upvote 0
Okee-dokee…
The homeless dude’s name will be…Joshua Anderson. How about the group meets him when they arrive, and he’ll show them the ropes. And lol I hate to be this detail oriented but the villages in Alaska have names like Egegik, Ekwok, Kalskag, Marshall, Poorman, Egavik, stuff like that, but The place where this part of the add on will be located is Ambler.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Nome to Ambler, flight 22, 23, 24 and 25 will be departing in 20 minutes, passengers please report to the ticket counter near the north exit for further information.” Came the announcement over the com system. The mission team had been visiting with each other for the past hour, grabbing their bags they quickly made their way to the small counter. Upon reaching it a dark haired woman in her early 30’s greeted the group with a large smile.
“Quite the group you got there!” She said speaking to the older man who seemed to be in charge.
“You can say that again!” He replied lightly while handing tickets for 15 people to the receptionist.
As she entered the names and other information into the computer, 4 planes taxied to the terminal just outside the windows. A couple of people in Karen’s group swallowed hard. These planes seated 6 people apiece and looked as if they’d led a hard life. One by one the engines stopped and their respective pilots began what seemed to be a check of some sort, looking at this, wiggling that, inspecting another thing.
“Are you watching this?” Said the girl who had earlier tackled Karen, in utter disbelief.
“What?” Karen said half smiling, knowing full well what the tall brunet was speaking of.
“You think it’s funny?!” The girl retorted in a strained whisper, her brown eyes getting large. “we may never even make it to ambler! The plane may just fall apart on the way there!”
“Well, look at it this way Ashley: we will be riding in 4 planes, one of them is bound to make it” Came Karen’s calm response.
Recognizing the sarcasm the girl threw her hands up in the air in defeat. “Why do I even try?”
Karen smiled triumphantly.
Just then one of the glass double doors opened revealing a rather rough looking man in his late 40’s with a large beard and a worn out military jacket, instantly causing a hush throughout the group of missionaries.
“Alright folks, I don’t know about you but I would sure as heck like to get on our way so if you would just follow me outside…” The apparent pilot said gruffly as he began to walk back outside.
Karen and Ashley exchanged hesitant glances before following the rest of the crowd to the planes.
“Ok, there’s gonna be 5 of you in each of the first three planes and the last is for your gear. Understood?” A jumble of yes’s, uh-huh’s and yep’s answered the question.
Immediately the groups began to load the planes and before they knew it were speeding towards the end of the runway, beginning the last leg of their journey to Ambler…

Upvote 0

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Janelle sighed.

"So, are we going on this plane, or are you driving?" she asked.

"I'm driving to Ambler."

"Ambler?!? Since when do we live in Ambler?" Nelly practically yelled.

"Since never. The Missionary school is there. Mom thought it would be a good way for you to meet teenagers around your age that want to become Missionaries."

"Oh, whew. I though we'd moved to Ambler." Nelly replied with a sigh of relief.

When they got to Ambler, Jim led Nelly to her apartment.

"I'll see you tomorrow." he said.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Joshua was out on the street that night as usual. He slept in the doorway of the Emook Bar and Grill, and the bar wasn't closed yet for the night, so he couldn't go to bed quite yet. That was okay, though, because he had to go around the downtown making sure that everyone had someplace out of the wind to sleep.

Rufus Ample was Josh's best friend on the streets. Rufus had had a wife and kids and a nice home in Scewi, but he slipped up and had an affair and his wife threw him out. He was walking around Ambler at 3 AM one night when Josh found him and asked if he was all right or if he needed a place to sleep. Rufus tried to be cool, but as soon as he opened his mouth to answer Josh, loud sobs came out. Soon he had told Josh his whole story, and Josh told him about Jesus. Rufus threw himself at the foot of the Cross and cling to it ever since.

Now Rufus lead a cell group for the homeless, in charge of getting them food and warm clothing and teaching them how to read and how to read the Bible. Rufus found the work hard but joyous. He loved to tell people that Christ came to give us life in abundance, even for the homeless, and that's why God had named him Ample.

Upvote 0

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Janelle hopped in the shower, and soaked in the warm water. She got out, dressed and walked into the kitchen. She was starving! Suddenly, a knock came at her door. She opened it and squealed.

"Jack!" Janelle flung her arms around her best friends neck.

"Nelly! You're back!"

"I've been back for an hour. You haven't noticed?" Nelly teased.

"Naw, I came here looking for the President." he said, rolling his eyes.

Sorry. I just changed my mind on Jack being her fiance. Sorry 'bout that!

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Josh had finished all his "night checks," as he called them, and everyone was fine, tucked in with a decent blanket after a meal of hot soup and rich bread that folks from the Baptist church had brought by.

Josh crouched down by a tree in the park, still waiting for the Emook Bar and Grill to close for the night. Occasionally one of the exiting patrons would see him and offer him a small bit of money, a "guilt offering" Josh called it, although Josh never knew whether they were feeling guilty for being drunk, guilty for being warm, or guilty for not caring more. Josh didn't care. Every dollar meant something to him, because he had so little. Three dollars meant that he could take three of the guys into McDonald's for hot coffee in the morning, where they could get warm and wash up in the men's room. The Baptist church people had brought them all toothbrushes and toothpaste, too, and combs. Josh felt more joy from that gift than he felt from all his rich Christmases put together.

And as Josh crouched by the tree, he thanked God for all the blessings of the day. It felt so good to be treated with dignity and respect by the church people, by any people, that Josh put that at the top of his list. Being disrespected is the hardest part of being poor. Folks who are warm and dry and fed treat those who aren't like crap.

Josh huddled a little tighter against his legs and drew his arms up the sleeves of his parka. Even in the summer, this part of Alaska can be quite chilling at night. He started to dream that he was in a warm bed, but clatter across the street at the bar awoke him rudely. Someone was having a fight.

Upvote 0
Ok, cool! we're moving right along! Missionary school eh? Nice twist :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With the beeping of Amanda’s watch a new day was greeted by the 6 girls who called this dorm-like room theirs. Karen began to unload her armament of pillows in Amanda’s direction in hopes that the still sleeping person would turn off their alarm.
"Yooo-HOOO, anyone home!?!?" Croaked Karen in a hoarse voice, still hurling anything soft that wasn't bolted down.
"No, as a matter of fact I'm not!" Amanda retorted in a sarcastic tone, and then rolled over, jumped off her bunk, turned off her alarm and preceded in Karen's direction, vengeance sparkling in her eyes.
Realizing the imminent danger to her very existence Karen dived under her covers and curled into a tight ball, pretending to disappear.
By now the other 4 girls were peering from underneath their blankets at the spectacle taking place, silently giggling to themselves.
Just before Amanda had reached Karen's bunk the door swung open. "Ok girls, you have five minutes till breakfast is ready, first come first serve.” said Danielle (the wife of the man in charge of the group). The woman eyed the situation, Amanda frozen in a predator-like stance over Karen's bunk, Karen, peeking out from underneath her make-shift sanctuary. "Thank-you Danielle, we'll be down in 3 minutes." Karen said reassuringly from underneath the pile of blankets.
Danielle suppressed a smile and nodded hesitantly, then left, closing the door behind her.
Amanda and Karen's eyes met causing them both to burst out laughing.
"Alright, alright, we gotta get ready." Karen said tucking a lock of dark blonde hair behind her ear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 & 1/2 minutes later the 6 girls were jogging down the short hall to the kitchen/cafeteria, only to find 7 guys and Dave(Danielle’s husband) sitting @ the table talking.
"You guys better not have eaten all of the food!" Amanda chirped.
"Course not Mandy," 20 y/o Matt said grinning, his blue eyes beaming with pride, “We saved you all some cheerios”
Amanda smiled, “how thoughtful” she returned as she messed up his blonde hair.
“Ok you guys, hurry up and eat. We have lots to do today.” Dave added

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am having a serious writer’s block and can’t think of anything interesting or exciting to write, have no fear! It won’t last long lol, anyway if someone is looking to add their character or aren’t sure where to start they can have one of mine, Dave, Danielle, Matt, or Amanda Or they can be communal (everyone’s character) ah well, anyway, someone make something happen :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"So, what are you doing in Ambler?" Jack asked.
"Beleive it or not, mom is sending me to a Missionary school. She thinks it would be a good way to meet some young adults my age that are going to be Missionaries."
"Ah, I see." Jack said.

The next day, Janelle arrived at the Ambler Missionary College.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
"Ah, gee," Josh thought with a large amount of disgust. Another fight. Why couldn't these guys either hold their liquor or quit drinking? Josh sighed. Now there would be blood and maybe broken glass in his bed. It all just made going to bed so much more complicated. Josh almost abandoned the idea of sleeping there that night. But the guys knew to always look there for him, and he didn't want to take the chance that they couldn't find him if something came up.

And the fighting almost certainly meant there wouldn't be any "guilt offerings" that night. Guys with broken jaws and fat lips never tip the homeless guy. Josh almost cursed at them, but checked himself and his heart reminded his lips that Jesus died for these losers, too.

Upvote 0