South Wales
✟12,935.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually they were. He was fully human and had to empty Himself.
Philippians 2:5-8:

We have the genealogy all the way from Adam and Eve to Jesus. Those are all real people. From Adam to David to Jesus. The weird thing is all the riff raff that was in there. Even looking at all the children David had but he made Solomon the King after him. Even Solomon was from the union of David and Bathsheba.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply what about Eve she was not born in the normal way she was created from Adams rib God put Adam into a deep sleep dose this mean he died the same as Christ so as Christs bride was not a normal woman so was the first AdamsvEve was not a normal woman but a group of people chosen by God to produce children for God the same as Christ and his bride have done.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply what about Eve she was not born in the normal way she was created from Adams rib God put Adam into a deep sleep dose this mean he died the same as Christ so as Christs bride was not a normal woman so was the first Adams Eve was not a normal woman but a group of people chosen by God to produce children for God the same as Christ and his bride have done.
  • The Y chromosome, which distinguishes males from females at the genetic level, originated around 180 million years ago.
  • Initially, the X and Y chromosomes were identical, but over time, the Y chromosome started to differentiate from the X in males11.
Science or Time magazine Adam and Eve began 180 million years ago. I think this is the Male and Female we read about in Genesis chapter one on day six of creation. From a OEC perspective. The Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden lived 6,000 years ago. This was not symbolic because they had children and the Bible has the generations all the way from Adam and Eve to Mary. Either Science or Bible both were common ancestors.

Science also tells us that she could have come from His bone marrow. There is a lot we do not know or understand. Science does confirm what we read about in our Bible. Just how Eve came from Adam and Jesus came from Mary we are still working on understanding.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟12,935.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • The Y chromosome, which distinguishes males from females at the genetic level, originated around 180 million years ago.
  • Initially, the X and Y chromosomes were identical, but over time, the Y chromosome started to differentiate from the X in males11.
Science or Time magazine Adam and Eve began 180 million years ago. I think this is the Male and Female we read about in Genesis chapter one on day six of creation. From a OEC perspective. The Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden lived 6,000 years ago. This was not symbolic because they had children and the Bible has the generations all the way from Adam and Eve to Mary. Either Science or Bible both were common ancestors.

Science also tells us that she could have come from His bone marrow. There is a lot we do not know or understand. Science does confirm what we read about in our Bible. Just how Eve came from Adam and Jesus came from Mary we are still working on understanding.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but I have read that you can't use a woman in genealogies so the genealogy breaks down with Mary.
Both of the Adams father is God he brought both Adams into the world so a genealogy would have to start and end with God.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟74,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but I have read that you can't use a woman in genealogies so the genealogy breaks down with Mary.
Oh I am going by what we read in Genesis 3 15 "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” Luke 3 38 tells us the geneology goes all the way back to Adam. "the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God." That is why Adam is clearly a real person. I have heard people speculate what would God have done is Adam had not eaten the fruit and it was just Eve.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟12,935.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I am going by what we read in Genesis 3 15 "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” Luke 3 38 tells us the geneology goes all the way back to Adam. "the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God." That is why Adam is clearly a real person. I have heard people speculate what would God have done is Adam had not eaten the fruit and it was just Eve.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for your reply but I was thinking why dose all these genealogies matter what matters is faith and belief in Jesus Christ is the son of God if we try to proove it with genealogy it means we are doubting Gods word when he says Christ is his son we don't need to proove but believe it.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟12,935.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually they were. He was fully human and had to empty Himself.
Philippians 2:5-8:

We have the genealogy all the way from Adam and Eve to Jesus. Those are all real people. From Adam to David to Jesus. The weird thing is all the riff raff that was in there. Even looking at all the children David had but he made Solomon the King after him. Even Solomon was from the union of David and Bathsheba.
Hi Diomond7 thank you for you reply what we can be sure of is the first and last Adam were created in the image of God so we can be sure they both looked the same we have another man in Gods Image Israel the man of flesh.

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

So its the whole nation of Israel that is Gods son so why on earth would we think that one man is in the image of God and we know that Christ will stand before the throne of God with a whole multitude of believers this is man in Gods image.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,058,566.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi so who was Adam what did he look like was he jest one man
Yes, with a wife and family.

we have two men in the image of God in scripture Israel and Christ of Israel he says.
Mankind - human beings - was made in the image of God, by God, their Creator.
Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

We know this also applies to Christ
This applied to the nation of Israel at the time, but is also a prophecy about Christ - that was fulfilled when Mary and Joseph left Egypt.
so what dose Israel look like
It was the nation of Israel.
we have moses the head we have Aaron the high priest and the tribe of Levi the priest hood then we have the children of God the 11 tribes so this is how the man in Gods image looks like.
Umm, no.
Abraham was the first Patriarch, then Isaac, then Jacob. Jacob had 12 sons, who were the leaders of the 12 tribes.
Around 400 years after they died, Moses was born. He was not the head of the nation of Israel.

Being made in God's image is something quite different. It means that we have some of the same characteristics of God, our Creator - kind, creative, logical, loving, able to choose and so on. Just as when people make something, build a house or whatever, they will often say "there is something of me in that". They made it using their gifts and some of their preference - they chose the colours, what wool to use, where each component should go, what features the house should have, and so on. When God made us he chose what gifts we should have, where/how we should use them, what kind of family we should be in etc etc.
So the question is is the first and last Adam created in the same way.
Were Adam and Jesus made in the same way; is that your question?
No. The Son of God, 2nd person of the Trinity, the eternal Word was not made; he an and is eternal. He took on flesh; became human and was born, as a male baby, of Mary.
Adam, the first man was created. He had no mother to give birth to him - he was the first human being.

Upvote 0

davetaff

Mar 4, 2024
South Wales
✟12,935.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, with a wife and family.

Mankind - human beings - was made in the image of God, by God, their Creator.

This applied to the nation of Israel at the time, but is also a prophecy about Christ - that was fulfilled when Mary and Joseph left Egypt.

It was the nation of Israel.

Umm, no.
Abraham was the first Patriarch, then Isaac, then Jacob. Jacob had 12 sons, who were the leaders of the 12 tribes.
Around 400 years after they died, Moses was born. He was not the head of the nation of Israel.

Being made in God's image is something quite different. It means that we have some of the same characteristics of God, our Creator - kind, creative, logical, loving, able to choose and so on. Just as when people make something, build a house or whatever, they will often say "there is something of me in that". They made it using their gifts and some of their preference - they chose the colours, what wool to use, where each component should go, what features the house should have, and so on. When God made us he chose what gifts we should have, where/how we should use them, what kind of family we should be in etc etc.

Were Adam and Jesus made in the same way; is that your question?
No. The Son of God, 2nd person of the Trinity, the eternal Word was not made; he an and is eternal. He took on flesh; became human and was born, as a male baby, of Mary.
Adam, the first man was created. He had no mother to give birth to him - he was the first human being.
Hi strong in him you said

Yes, with a wife and family

Correct but more than that he was also the first Adam man in the image of God so he would be created in the same way as Christ and Israel who is said to be a son of God.

You said

Mankind - human beings - was made in the image of God, by God, their Creator

That God created human beings is not in question but man in the image of God is something entirely different Israel is Man in Gods image.

Hos 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt

So Israel is Gods son and as such would be in the image of his Father God

we have moses the head we have Aaron the high priest and the tribe of Levi the priest hood then we have the children of God the 11 tribes so this is how the man in Gods image looks like.
This is what man In the image of God looks like the word man should be understood as mankind

He became there head when he led them out of Egypt.

Christ is the last Adam so is the first and last Adam created in the same way we know Christ is in the image of God when he presents himself before the Father with a multitude of believers this is mankind in the image of God the end of creation.

You mention the trinity I can find nothing in scripture to support it nobody teaches it or mentions it its a man made concept dose not need to be believed.

Love and Peace
Dave

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,058,566.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi strong in him you said

Yes, with a wife and family

Correct but more than that he was also the first Adam man in the image of God so he would be created in the same way as Christ and Israel who is said to be a son of God.
No one was created in the same way as Adam, the first man, was.
Everyone after Adam was born of woman; not made from the dust of the earth.
Mankind - human beings - was made in the image of God, by God, their Creator

That God created human beings is not in question but man in the image of God is something entirely different Israel is Man in Gods image.

So Israel is Gods son and as such would be in the image of his Father God

No, that's not what the Bible says.

He became there head when he led them out of Egypt.
No, he didn't.
The Patriarchs of the nation were/are Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The leaders of the 12 tribes were Jacob's sons, and these existed before Moses was born.
Moses led them through the wilderness to MT Sinai, he gave them God's word and spoke to God on their behalf. But was not the head of the whole nation.

Christ is the last Adam so is the first and last Adam created in the same way
Jesus was not created from the dust of the earth. He was born of Mary; a human baby.

we know Christ is in the image of God when he presents himself before the Father with a multitude of believers
Christ was, is and always will be God.
Everything in the universe was made through him.

You mention the trinity I can find nothing in scripture to support it nobody teaches it or mentions it
Not at all.
The Trinity is a major Christian doctrine. All mainstream churches teach it.
its a man made concept dose not need to be believed.
It certainly does.
You have written your thread in a "Christians only" section of the forum.
Forum rules say that someone can only identify as a Christian if they accept the forum's statement of faith - which is the Nicene Creed.
And the rules of this particular forum say that if you identify as a Christian, you need to accept the Trinity.
All member's who participate in this forum are self-identified Christians through adherence to the Christian Forums' Statement of Faith and the Trinitarian nature of God.
Put simply, if you do not accept the Trinity you should ask for this thread to be moved to another section of the forum - one for non Trinitarian beliefs.
You should also, I'm afraid, not have "Christian" as your faith icon - maybe "seeker", or something.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,758,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is being closed. There are several problems. The site rules are located here:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.