Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 7:
I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated;
His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him. A thousand thousands
ministered to Him; Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.
11 I watched because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking;
I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame.
12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.
13 I was watching in the night visions, and behold, One like the Son of Man, coming
with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days,
and they brought Him
near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations,
and languages should serve Him.His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which
shall not pass away, and His kingdom which shall not be destroyed.

I am particularly interested in the dominion of the Son of man, as this would pertain to
the man Christ Jesus.

Acts 7:
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God,
and Jesus standing at the right hand of God,
56 and said, Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the
right hand of God!

Col 1:15-17 He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Colossians says that we were created for Christ, we are His dominion, the thing over which He will rule with grace, and protection. We actually consist in Christ, are held together by Him. Yes, the Father is separate to Christ, as is the Holy Spirit, but Christ is no less God.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the book of Enoch is sound with Daniel on this matter in its 48th chapter.

Chapter 48 [1] – The Book of Enoch

I think in verse 2 we find the Father as the Ancient of Days, the Son as the Son of Man, and the Holy Spirit as the Lord of Spirits.

Chapter 48 [1]

1. In that place I beheld a fountain of righteousness, which never failed, encircled by many springs of wisdom. Of these all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy.

2. In that hour was this Son of man invoked before the Lord of spirits, and his name in the presence of the Ancient of days.

3. Before the sun and the signs were created, before the stars of heaven were formed, his name was invoked in the presence of the Lord of spirits. A support shall he be for the righteous and the holy to lean upon, without falling; and he shall be the light of nations.

4. He shall be the hope of those whose hearts are troubled. All, who dwell on earth, shall fall down and worship before him; shall bless and glorify him, and sing praises to the name of the Lord of spirits.

5. Therefore the Elect and the Concealed One existed in his presence, before the world was created, and for ever.

6. In his presence he existed, and has revealed to the saints and to the righteous the wisdom of the Lord of spirits; for he has preserved the lot of the righteous, because they have hated and rejected this world of iniquity, and have detested all its works and ways, in the name of the Lord of spirits.

7. For in his name shall they be preserved; and his will shall be their life. In those days shall the kings of the earth and the mighty men, who have gained the world by their achievements, 1 become humble in countenance.

8. For in the day of their anxiety and trouble their souls shall not be saved; and they shall be in subjection to those whom I have chosen.

9. I will cast them like hay into the fire, and like lead into the water. Thus shall they burn in the presence of the righteous, and sink in the presence of the holy; nor shall a tenth part of them be found.

10. But in the day of their trouble, the world shall obtain tranquillity.

11. In his presence shall they fall, and not be raised up again; nor shall there be any one to take them out of his hands, and to lift them up: for they have denied the Lord of spirits, and his Messiah. The name of the Lord of spirits shall be blessed.

Upvote 0