Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Very encouraged and inspired by a story in the news where a young man befriended a homeless fellow, recorded him playing his flute, sampled it into a music track and shared his talent with others.

When we take time to do acts of kindness, however great or small, it can give vulnerable people in our communities a sense of achievement, pride and worth. Bless you Kin!

'My collaboration with a homeless man went viral'

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is precious. Thank you for sharing this much-needed good report (this country-mine, and the world, is "starving" for such news).

Praying for both of them.

God bless you.

This song comes to mind:

• Winner
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
This is precious. Thank you for sharing this much-needed good report (this country-mine, and the world, is "starving" for such news).
When we read so much negativity in the news, it is always a great comfort to hear that there are people in our society who genuinely care about others.

I always well up inside when I remember the story of my friend who went through a major time of bereavement and depression and she had strong feelings of guilt that she should be be doing more, giving more and at the same time she was completely burning herself out. She went for a respite break at a monastery which she visited during Lent. She told the friars her story and that she was adamant that she was giving up chocolates for Lent. That same evening she found a box of chocolates outside her room given to her by the friars. When she asked why they had put them there, they told her she had already given too much up and it was making her ill. They told her she was a person of great worth and needed to start learning to love herself.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When we read so much negativity in the news, it is always a great comfort to hear that there are people in our society who genuinely care about others.

I always well up inside when I remember the story of my friend who went through a major time of bereavement and depression and she had strong feelings of guilt that she should be be doing more, giving more and at the same time she was completely burning herself out. She went for a respite break at a monastery which she visited during Lent. She told the friars her story and that she was adamant that she was giving up chocolates for Lent. That same evening she found a box of chocolates outside her room given to her by the friars. When she asked why they had put them there, they told her she had already given too much up and it was making her ill. They told her she was a person of great worth and needed to start learning to love herself.

Very wise monks.

There is too much good news and positive loving things and interactions going on all the time that are just ignored. i see it in my everyday life. i participate in it. It's the "norm".

But we all need to hear more of it.

We're inundated with mostly manufactured "bad news" and hatred and toxicity, with its aim to be the "norm".

It isn't.

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
she was completely burning herself out.
We really can only give what we first receive from God. WE have to take care of ourselves before we can take care of anyone else. A lot of pastors need to spend time to recharge their battery so they have something from God to give to people that have needs. We are simply a vessel for God to use. We share with others what we receive from Him.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
shared his talent with others.
David tells us that God writes the book of our life before we are even born. At conception we receive all of our gifts, talents and abilities. WE should use what we have to bring honor and glory to God. All people have something to offer and something to give. God is no respecter of persons, He does not favor one person over another. We are all loved and precious in His sight.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We really can only give what we first receive from God. WE have to take care of ourselves before we can take care of anyone else. A lot of pastors need to spend time to recharge their battery so they have something from God to give to people that have needs. We are simply a vessel for God to use. We share with others what we receive from Him.

i agree. We don't run on our own steam, but on "God's ", including and especially, ministers and pastors, etc.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Always reminds me of that old Gaelic poem:

I met a stranger yest’re’een;
I put food in the eating place,
Drink in the drinking place,
Music in the listening place;
And, in the sacred name of the Triune,
He blessed myself and my house,
My cattle and my dear ones,
And the lark said in her song,
Often, often, often,
Goes the Christ in the stranger’s guise;
Often, often, often,
Goes the Christ in the stranger’s guise.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Always reminds me of that old Gaelic poem:

I met a stranger yest’re’een;
I put food in the eating place,
Drink in the drinking place,
Music in the listening place;
And, in the sacred name of the Triune,
He blessed myself and my house,
My cattle and my dear ones,
And the lark said in her song,
Often, often, often,
Goes the Christ in the stranger’s guise;
Often, often, often,
Goes the Christ in the stranger’s guise.

Beautiful.

It reminds me of the verse about "angels unawares".

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟778,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Beautiful.

It reminds me of the verse about "angels unawares".
Absolutely. A reminder that whoever we meet during the path of life, we are to welcome them and care for them as if we were welcoming Christ Himself.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Absolutely. A reminder that whoever we meet during the path of life, we are to welcome them and care for them as if we were welcoming Christ Himself.

Amen. Just like the Good Samaritan did.

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
a little boy who just wants to see people smile
That is amazing. I know a girl that use to give little token gifts to people and she would get a lot of reaction for a little bit of nothing of a gift. My dad use to give away little bubble gum machine toys to people and he always got a big reaction compared to a gift that had almost no money value.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums