Acts 15:19-21 - Obligations of Messianic Jews vs Messianic Gentiles

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What the issue of your "honor Torah?" question really boils down to, Mercy, is the actual context we are often unknowingly unaware we are looking at things through even as we believe we are actually looking at them from where we believe we are.

For example, from my reading into of your response, I could assume you did not consider what I wrote - in light of those passages I referred to. I could assume you did not look them up. Or, that you did not because, my words not matching your understanding of things as you see them, you rejected them outright.

Aware of those contexts I might fall into, I choose to ignore them as the reality and simply conclude that what ever transpired in translation between my words and your understanding of them you simply did not understand them as I'd intended them.

For I do not believe Torah was, is, ever will be temporary, nor did I assert otherwise.

Fact is, even those who would assert otherwise end up honoring it as they understand "honoring" - which is why the Son, praying for those who had thought they were following Torah in having Him crucified, those who, under Torah, actually were ognorantly guilty of killing one of their own - those who His death provided a "city of refuge" for.

In short, forgive me for your perception of where I fall short. None of us are perfect - if we were, why did He have to shed His Precuous Blood as our refuge?

I believe it best to just look at our perceptions of others faults, and or failngs as the opportunity to give them the grace our Father has given us in His Son "that they may see your good works and praise your Father which is in Heaven."

Again, we can always turn what offends us into a means of His glory.

My apology, for having offended you.

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mercy,

If a man doesn't have to rebuke his wife, is it still OK to ask, in a public forum, "Do you rebuke your wife?" The question has enough negative connotations as to give a bad impression. Even though a man is proud of his relationship with his wife, some things should remain unsaid. I personally don't go around stating that I don't beat my wife.

I personally am Torah observant, to the best of my ability. But it has been established in this forum after many unpleasant exchanges, that it is against the Statement of Purpose to question a persons' level of observance. So it in not only bad form, it is also a breach of the very first of the forum rules:If you believe that I am misrepresenting this statement, please consult Member Services or Tishri1. You will find, as we all have, that this is how this has been adjudicated in practically every reported instance.

Blessings,
Phillip
I never said anything about levels of torah observance. I just simply asked whether or not he honored torah, i allowed him to judge his own torah observance. Please reread my posts , i never said anything about levels. What do the rules say about those who say the torah is obsolete?
I am sorry if you find honoring torah offensive like a man beating his wife. I am glad to hear that you honor torah , I never asked you whether or not you beat your wife. Please do not post to me anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mercy1061

Nov 26, 2011
✟18,724.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
What the issue of your "honor Torah?" question really boils down to, Mercy, is the actual context we are often unknowingly unaware we are looking at things through even as we believe we are actually looking at them from where we believe we are.

For example, from my reading into of your response, I could assume you did not consider what I wrote - in light of those passages I referred to. I could assume you did not look them up. Or, that you did not because, my words not matching your understanding of things as you see them, you rejected them outright.

Aware of those contexts I might fall into, I choose to ignore them as the reality and simply conclude that what ever transpired in translation between my words and your understanding of them you simply did not understand them as I'd intended them.

For I do not believe Torah was, is, ever will be temporary, nor did I assert otherwise.

Fact is, even those who would assert otherwise end up honoring it as they understand "honoring" - which is why the Son, praying for those who had thought they were following Torah in having Him crucified, those who, under Torah, actually were ognorantly guilty of killing one of their own - those who His death provided a "city of refuge" for.

In short, forgive me for your perception of where I fall short. None of us are perfect - if we were, why did He have to shed His Precuous Blood as our refuge?

I believe it best to just look at our perceptions of others faults, and or failngs as the opportunity to give them the grace our Father has given us in His Son "that they may see your good works and praise your Father which is in Heaven."

Again, we can always turn what offends us into a means of His glory.

My apology, for having offended you.
I am glad to hear that you honor torah. That is good. I ask you that question to make sure I did not misrepresent your words, you did use the words
temporary, affirmation, and change, your post number 306, some believe in replacement theology, I am so glad that is not you, you honor torah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Mercy,

If a man doesn't have to rebuke his wife, is it still OK to ask, in a public forum, "Do you rebuke your wife?" The question has enough negative connotations as to give a bad impression. Even though a man is proud of his relationship with his wife, some things should remain unsaid. I personally don't go around stating that I don't beat my wife.

I personally am Torah observant, to the best of my ability. But it has been established in this forum after many unpleasant exchanges, that it is against the Statement of Purpose to question a persons' level of observance. So it in not only bad form, it is also a breach of the very first of the forum rules:If you believe that I am misrepresenting this statement, please consult Member Services or Tishri1. You will find, as we all have, that this is how this has been adjudicated in practically every reported instance.

Blessings,
Phillip
:thumbsup:

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟142,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just for clarification, it is your impromptu inquisitions which I liken to a rebuke or a beating, not honoring Torah. But I am not offended by your misinterpretation of my post, though I do wish you hadn't taken it the wrong way.

Sorry if my remarks offended you, as evidently they did. You may post to me if you like. We can get past this with a little effort. As it is written, "Great shalom have they which love thy Torah: and nothing shall offend them".

Blessings,
Phillip

I never said anything about levels of torah observance. I just simply asked whether or not he honored torah, i allowed him to judge his own torah observance. Please reread my posts , i never said anything about levels. What do the rules say about those who say the torah is obsolete?
I am sorry if you find honoring torah offensive like a man beating his wife. I am glad to hear that you honor torah , I never asked you whether or not you beat your wife. Please do not post to me anymore.

Upvote 0