• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Actor.

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by MehGuy, Jul 23, 2021.

1. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+9,196
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Do you consider yourself a decent actor? Have you ever been in a commercial or play? Who are some of your favorite actors?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+9,586
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Robin Williams
    Tom Hanks
    Morgan Freeman
    Judi Dench
    Maggie Smith

When I was younger, I used to have parts in school plays including "Oliver!" but I wasn't that good at acting really.

3. Sodafox

Sodafox Member

+90
    United States
    Agnostic
    Married
    I'm not a great actor. I've been in a commercial once and the person recording me did commend me for just doing the role I was asked and not adding in my own unnecessary dialog.

I'm not a huge movie buff but I like Johnny Depp, Emma Stone, and Leonardo DiCaprio (although I don't have the patience to sit through Titanic)

My favorite movies are musicals so which I couldn't tell you the actor/singers' names I really like when an actor has a good set of pipes.

4. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,856
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I would subtract dialog until I was just standing there saying nothing. So I'm probly not a good actor.

5. Sunshinee777

Sunshinee777 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,250
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    I used to like being on the stage but I haven’t ever tried acting but I used to dream about being in a movie or making indie movie but all that has disappeared when realizing how movie industry works. I don’t have favorite actors anymore but I like Noah Baumbach movies and Greta Gerwig.

6. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,792
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Can't act my way out of a paper bag.
    Been in some plays.
    Isabelle Huppert comes to mind. Last film I saw her in was Claire Denis' WHITE MATERIAL. Great movie with many layers.
    [​IMG]

7. angelsaroundme

angelsaroundme Well-Known Member

+367
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    For me it's more liking an actor in a certain role. I guess I'll go with James Spader in The Blacklist. He can really elevate a scene.

8. Sunshinee777

Sunshinee777 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,250
    Finland
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Same. And I find it fascinating to be someone else than you are, I mean there is something interesting about acting in general and when someone can act like completely different than he normally is is just very interesting to me. Like Joaquin Phoenix in Joker. Sorry if I remember his name wrong. It is creative skill obviously but there is also psychological aspects.

9. angelsaroundme

angelsaroundme Well-Known Member

+367
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Acting can be a kind of transformation. Joaquin Phoenix in Joker is a great example. It's one of the better movies in the last couple years. Goes to a very dark place but I think it shows the tragic state a lot of people are in and can inspire sympathy. Something that happens to me is I'll get used to an actor with a certain look, accent, mannerisms, etc. and then see them in an interview being themselves. It feels like a different person. Shows how much seemingly small details affect how we view a person.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021