Activated

fulltime

May 27, 2006
✟7,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just got the call from the national guard that I am being activated. It will be at an airport about 100 miles from where I live. My wife has been in tears all day.

I was laid off my job two weeks ago and it has been a stretch financially. We always pull together when momey is tight.

So the call to be activated is good in the sense of steady employment

I will not be logging in until I return from this trip.Pray for my family dealing with this seperation

Reactions: MsAnne

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You are very fortunate that home is just 100 miles away. At least you'll be able to visit often and spend a day or two at home when on leave.

Do well!

This is exactly what I was thinking. Eveyone I know who was activated recently was sent to Iraq. It will be hard but try to look at the bright side of it and do your duty for God and country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What a blessing that you are only 100 miles away. What I would give even for this 18-month deployment to have my husband stateside. I know my husband was called up to work several states away for six months. Seriously, that was not bad at all. We got to visit so much and just knowing he was safer than if he had been in Iraq or Afghanistan really allowed me to sleep at night. I drove the 12 hours it took to see him quite a bit and really didn't mind even with two kids. We enjoyed the trips and made adventures out of them. One hundred miles to me sounds like you are practically home since it's only about two hours away.

I'll be praying for you guys because it's never easy being apart but if you're National Guard, this would be the type of activation many families would choose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums