• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Action-Packed Sequel To The Book Of Mormon Announced

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by St_Worm2, Jan 16, 2018.

1. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+37,241
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    January 16, 2018
    [​IMG]

SALT LAKE CITY, UT—The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints made history Tuesday with the announcement of an exciting new sequel to the Book of Mormon, “The Book of Mormon II: Laman Strikes Back.”

The book reportedly takes place a thousand years after the events of the Book of Mormon, and follows a group of rogue ninja Lamanites’ evil plot to resurrect their ancient leader Laman and take over the Americas. Laman slowly gathers power and participates in dark rituals, eventually building himself an army of reanimated velociraptors, before challenging white American Jesus and His team of intelligent gorilla brawlers to a climactic showdown near present-day Salt Lake City.

“Whereas Book of Mormon 1 gave us some pretty fantastical storytelling, Book of Mormon 2 is going to turn everything up to 11,” Apostle Russell M. Nelson said in an announcement video Wednesday. “We’re talking dinosaur battles, explosions, and a big cliffhanger ending that could lead to a Book of Mormon 3 if sales are good.”

According to the twelve Apostles, the book is on schedule to be translated from a set of golden plates handed down from on high, edited for typos and consistency errors, and finally released to the public by spring of next year.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. thesunisout

thesunisout growing in grace Supporter

+1,356
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Maybe Xenu could do a guest appearance

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  3. Humble me Lord

Humble me Lord Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,139
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Does it say how far the golden plates were carried to obtain them, and how much did they weigh this time?

4. Humble me Lord

Humble me Lord Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,139
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

5. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,436
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Sounds like a companion book to The Lord Of The Blings.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+1,920
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Given the amount of foul language reported in the first production. I didn't go to see it and won't go to see the sequel.

7. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+956
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I can't read, when is the movie coming out?

Shouldn't the cover say..." Another another Testament of Jesus Christ"?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  8. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+13,789
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    If you can't read, how do you know it doesn't?

9. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,420
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I know the BOM is inaccurate as far as what was available at that time, like food and animals and doesn't fit with archeological finds either.

Probably wanted a do over to up date some of the previous fiction in the original.

10. Sanoy

Sanoy Well-Known Member

+956
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I have a reading eye dog.

11. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+14,278
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    A reboot, with a number of retcons, may be a better course of action. There were a few too many plot-holes in the first installation.

-CryptoLutheran

12. Tigger45

Tigger45 “That they may be one.” Supporter

+6,729
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    This would be fine with me if it were listed under fiction. Although Mormons didn't and don't have that issue with the original BoM.

13. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,436
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I have found another book for the bookcase along with The Book of Mormon II and the Lord Of The Blings.
    This next book is about about a treasure seeker who discovered a set of silver plates after getting a reading on his metal detector, and finding a golden ladder with religious writings on each step and on the sides. The book about his discovery is called "The Lord Of The Rungs".