Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Does the Mosaic Law teach how to act in accordance with the nature of the God of Israel? For example, does it teach how to be holy as God is holy?

Should we act accordance with the nature of the God of Israel? For example, our good works testify about God's goodness, which is why they give glory to God (Matthew 5:13-16).

Please don't reply without including a yes or no to my questions.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Does the Mosaic Law teach how to act in accordance with the nature of the God of Israel? For example, does it teach how to be holy as God is holy?

My answer would be yes, the Torah teaches us the nature of our heavenly Father, the Almighty Elohim of Yisrael, and His Torah instructs and teaches His people how to be holy as He is holy.

Should we act accordance with the nature of the God of Israel? For example, our good works testify about God's goodness, which is why they give glory to God (Matthew 5:13-16).

My answer again would be yes, we should strive to act in accordance with the nature of the Almighty Elohim of Yisrael, our Elohim and heavenly Father, and we should do so according to the Testimony of His Son whose Testimony expounds the Torah, Prophets, and Writings for us in the Gospel accounts.

Now I have a question for you.

Does our heavenly Father the Almighty Elohim of Yisrael eat the slaughtered and butchered and cooked flesh of the (formerly) living souls of His own creation? Is it in His nature to do so?

Upvote 0

IoanC

Oct 9, 2022
Ploiesti, Prahova
Visit site
✟29,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes and yes. Christ fulfilled the Old Law and then gave The New Law. We are called to do the same.

Glory and thanks are always due to God. Everything we do should be for God.

The more we do for God, the better. The easy, simplified way is not from God.

Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Yes and another yes for good measure. No one is indicating burning the Old Testament. So very much is to be gleaned from studying all the pages. That does not mean we are under the ritual rules of that testament like some would have us follow.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1 No
2 No
3 Yes

When God flooded the entire Earth, was he acting in his nature? Yes. When he later promised that he would never again flood the entire Earth, was he acting in his nature? Yes.

Was Noah doing right when he built the ark? Yes. Would we be doing right if we built an ark today? No.

God's nature doesn't change. But what actions he takes does, and what we do in response also changes.
And you, won’t you declare it?
“I have shown you new things from this time,
even hidden things, which you have not known.
They are created now, and not from of old."

Upvote 0